b-sides of HDaAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Daveone said:
When did Edge say they were re-recording Zooropa and Pop? Dont re-record Zooropa! That will be the one and probably only thing that will lead me to burn all my U2 albums. Did he just mean they were re-recording some songs for the Best Of (the closest i've come so far to burning my U2 albums was the remix of Discotheque, i was close to tears at the massacre of that one).

It was just something someone posted on here around the time of the 1990s Best-Of...I just thought I'd throw it in there to create discussion;)

ok I got it, It's from the AB out-takes. Its called Take You Down anyway its not new it turned into lady with the spinning head, and the guitar solo is in the fly. But this was one of the stand out tracks from Salome.

Neon Lights was recorded during the Best Of sessions. It was not done during the new album recording.

Wake Up has got to be one of the Achtung Baby outtakes, I dont think its an actual B side. Mercy will see the light of day, probebly next year.

I had not heard the 11 O'Clock rumor, but I like it. A reworked more rocking version would be awesome!! The original studio version has a muddy sounding mix to it IMO.

thanks for clearing that up for me, its still new for me and i love the song as I found it, that was my main motivation for this thread to find out actual songs that wont be on the album what i thought were called b-sides because I might find that I love those as much as the songs that made it

onetreehill33 said:
"take you down" instead of "wake up" wonder how they got it that crossed up!

There are a couple of rocking versions of a song on the Achtung outtakes where Bono sings "Wake Up, Wake Up, Wake Up" and a few other versions where he sings the line "Wake Up Dead Man". Its not what was on POP though, its a rocker. I think thats where that title is coming from online. If you dont have the outtakes I suggest you get them. Every hardcore U2 fan should have them.

Back
Top Bottom