Are Brains Sexy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thinking of short term relationships, its always about how the other person looks; but in a long term, its always about brains!

Originally posted by Ormus:
Well, most of these answers were expected, but there was a television commercial once, where this woman talks about how much she'd like a guy who is smart, cultured, sophisticated, etc., and she was writing about it in a notebook of some sort. Then this hot guy drives up in a fancy car, she throws her notebook away, and drives off with him.

So, think about this again. In practice, do you love brains over beauty? Or is it just something that sounds good on paper, but doesn't work in reality?

Ormus

Well, that commercial is obviously not reality. Maybe if all you want is a hote date or a one night stand, then go for beauty. But for those of us who want more from a relationship, brains are a must or the relationship gets boring very quickly.

If anything, dating someone only for their beauty even though you've got no interest in their personality might work on paper, but definitely not in reality (at least not for very long).

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 10-01-2001).]

All Juan's monkey's are belong to Fly Girl.

------------------
Monkey's are people too. ?

A guy must have A LOT MORE than looks to have a chance with me. Looks, I think are an important base of a relationship, but there MUST be some substance.
If it was a perfect world, the perfect man would have a healthy balance of intelligence and good looks.

Everyone hates someone who reminds them how smart they are by talking about grade point averages or SAT scores. Intelligence takes on so many different forms anyway and people can always learn more no matter how old they get. I would prefer being with someone who has more wisdom than math problem solving abilities. Meeting someone who genuinely cares about you and your well-being is hard to find these days. It seems so many people are so self-centered anymore.

Im inclined to agree with SkeeK... I mean, my last gf was certainly not the most beautiful girl I could have chosen... nor was it even convienient, I mean she lived 45 minutes away. But I seriously and wholeheartedly cared for her more than I have anyone else, because she was smart, and she had a wonderful personality and we just clicked.

*misses her
frown.gif

------------------
"The less you have, the harder you fight for it."

has a woman ever bragged to another woman how big her guy's brain is?

NO !!!

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

You have no proof of that Salome
smile.gif
maybe they do?
wink.gif

------------------
"The less you have, the harder you fight for it."

If you based relationships solely on looks, then where would you be in 50 years?

"oh wow... those sagging lines really compliment his face"
wink.gif

Looks are indeed temporary, but the essence of who you are inside tends to stick around.

Ofcourse, looks play an important part in the sparks, however people who were not given Venus features definately have a chance--besides it's all in the eye of the beholder. Personality plays an extreme factor in how someone looks to you... I had an instance where I ran into this guy, and thought he was soooo terrific... then he opened his mouth
tongue.gif

------------------
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." -- Jesse Jackson

Im smart and I love U2
smile.gif

Ill be 17 in 2 months
biggrin.gif
does that count? or am I too young
frown.gif

------------------
"Women can fake orgasms, but men can fake whole relationships."

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
*misses her
frown.gif

Awww.... showers Fox Fire with more gifts.

lurk.gif

Or popcorn.

------------------
Not the most beautiful girls are people too. ?

Originally posted by Diemen:
I would turn mine in to you
biggrin.gif
There's somebody else who's already accepted mine.
smile.gif

Yeah me
mad.gif

I found the prize!!!!!!!!!!

tongue.gif

------------------
All your are people too are belong to Fly Girl. ?

Why was I left uninformed that Trip was so beautiful? can someone please tell me?

[This message has been edited by ~unforgettableFOXfire~ (edited 10-01-2001).]

It's the jailbait thing.
wink.gif

------------------
And I don't know why a man
Searches for himself in his lover's eyes
No I don't know why a man
Sees the truth but needs the lies

?

Originally posted by ultraviolet_j:
Everyone hates someone who reminds them how smart they are by talking about grade point averages or SAT scores. Intelligence takes on so many different forms anyway and people can always learn more no matter how old they get. I would prefer being with someone who has more wisdom than math problem solving abilities. Meeting someone who genuinely cares about you and your well-being is hard to find these days. It seems so many people are so self-centered anymore.

An excellent point that I do agree with. I do value intelligence not on the basis of test scores, but on the whole of one's character.

And you know what they say about all the good guys: they're either taken or gay.
wink.gif

Ormus

------------------

It's funny. I posted this, and, while it recognizes my message in here, it still says 11:44 in the main section. I wonder how often that error happens?

Ormus

I could see myself falling in love or being strongly attracted to someone who isn't the smartest apple in the pie. I think personality is far more important than IQ... then again there are thousands of different kinds of intelligence as well.

Originally posted by Whortense:
brains are sexy, especially when sauteed in butter and a white wine sauce.

finger-licking good.

bzzzzzzz
mad.gif

Yuuummmmmmmy, yummy brains.
tongue.gif

*licks fingers*

------------------
"I suppose I do everything in extremes-laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion..." -Bono

~April~(AIM:pOPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Yuk, that reminds me of the end of Hannibal.
Poor Ray Liotta. I much prefer him in Goodfellas when he's whoopin ass.

------------------
-The Shitty Beatles? Are they any good?

-They suck!

-So it's not just a clever name...

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Yuk, that reminds me of the end of Hannibal.
Poor Ray Liotta. I much prefer him in Goodfellas when he's whoopin ass.

*sprinkles salt and pepper on brains*

Goodfellas rocks, y'all.
headshot.gif

------------------
"I suppose I do everything in extremes-laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion..." -Bono

~April~(AIM:pOPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Back
Top Bottom