another dvd easter egg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

poguemahone

The Fly
another possible dvd easter egg on disk 2,additional tracks. as the screen spins around and plays part of bad,when the arrow gets in between the choices for beautiful day and popmart the numbers "1991" show up with a cross,like another selection. unfortunately,I havent been able to access it though.

yeah i dont have great patience for stuff like this,lol. i have to be in the right mood. hope its something good though. good luck ,let us know how it works out.

I see what you all are talking about but i have no idea what to do. I've tried typing stuff in, but nothing worked. although i can't get the other easter eggs to work on my computer either. i tried the 1976 thing but it never works and the UTEOTW egg i don't follow what they say you're supposed to do.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

Originally posted by Achtung Zooropa:
I see what you all are talking about but i have no idea what to do. I've tried typing stuff in, but nothing worked. although i can't get the other easter eggs to work on my computer either. i tried the 1976 thing but it never works and the UTEOTW egg i don't follow what they say you're supposed to do.

I went mad last night trying to figure these "easter eggs" out, with NO luck.
I don't get it either.

I've gotten the first (the 1976 egg) to work no problem, but the second one is still a mystery! There definitely seems to be something with the '1991' cross. There is also a corresponding sound, with a 'cross' blip on the lower left radar, which is in time with the '1991' cross... Hmmmm...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

I have to stop trying to get these easter eggs, because they're driving me crazy. I can't get to either of the first two. Is there seriously a difference between DVD players in accessing these things? That sucks! I didn't think my DVD player was that inferior, but apparently it is.

In other more cheery news I was going through my old videotapes and found that at some point I taped the "miami" version of the Staring at the Sun video. I probably hadn't seen it since 1997, and it definitely entertained me. Aaaaanyway.

What the hell are you guys talking about? Mind you I don't have a DVD player.

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

what are the directions for the first easter eggs? this is my first time hearing about them.

Directions for the UTEOTW bono view Easter Egg: On disc 2 go into the additional tracks section,then on my remote i hit the display button,highlight title and enter. Then press 7 DO NOT HIT ENTER. Press DVD Menu again and it should start playing.

Originally posted by U2SJ:
I went mad last night trying to figure these "easter eggs" out, with NO luck.
I don't get it either.

LOL Do not feel like the only one
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

This is the coolest easter egg thus far as you get to see the point of view of Bono as he ventures closer to the crowd at the tip. If you have a Sony DVD player, it's simple to access, I'll give explicit directions here:

1. When you are in the main menu of Disc 2, press DISPLAY on your remote. A list of options should appear onscreen, such as chapter, title, etc.

2. Using the arrow keys on your remote, highlight "title" on the screen and then press ENTER on your remote.

3. Now press 7 on your remote and then ENTER.

4. Now look for the TITLE button on your remote. Press it 2 or three times, and voila, you're there!

Enjoy!

cainz- YAY!!! THANKS! I finally got it!!! Atleast this one, I have found, your directions worked perfectly on my Phillips player too! That is cool!

No prob U2SJ! For those that are having problems accessing the other one it's simple too! At the end of the "Making of" feature on disc one, you will see Bono's face on top of the Dreamchaser logo. Simply use the arrow keys on the remote to highlate Bono's face and then press ENTER. Then on your remote hit "1" and then Enter. Then "9" then ENTER. Then "7" and ENTER. Then "6" then ENTER. This should take you to the secret menu where you can locate the other egg.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom