Alternate version of "New Year's Day" I downloaded...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I downloaded this song quite a while ago, and the beginning has Edge playing the piano keys very slowly... and you hear some guitar slide in and out...

Larry and Adam begin in...

Bono sings "Yeah... oh..."

Then these lyrics...

"You won't hold hold me down, you won't break this up, I ... I will be free again..."

And then the song fades into the normal tempo...

"Stone cold night, on a cold stone floor, a cross of lights on the prison floor, I want to be with you, night and day, nothing changes on New Year's Day"

and there is no chorus, just the band playing...

Bono sings "Yeah, oh...."

Edge's guitar is silenced for a second, Larry drums and then Edge comes back in... no Adam as Edge plays a semi-solo... then Adam comes in again...

Bono sings "I will begin again... I will begin again"

And the solo kicks in...

there is some more playing...

Bono sings "Though I want to be with you night and day, nothing changes... ah.... on New Year's Day, on New Year's Day" and fades out...

It says it was a remix of New Year's Day, but it doesn't sound like one, it sounds like a vintage rough draft of the song.

i just realized, mayhaps a link would help :der:

if you look at the single for new year's day, you'll see there's a u.s. remix for both new year's day and two hearts beat as one. i can't remember if two hearts has any different lyrics but the song itself is different than the album version.

Azor, you can get it from Itunes. It is included in "The Complete U2". I didn't like it that much, I prefer the album version better.

KhanadaRhodes said:
that's the u.s. mix of new year's day. there's also a version of two hearts beat as one as well.

I have these on vinyl. The mix of New Year's Day is ok, but I like the original version of Two Hearts Beat As One better.

Back
Top Bottom