Alex Descends Into Hell...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Does anyone know who is singing the "Dies irae" in "Alex Descends Into Hell for a Bottle of Milk?" It's a very female-sounding voice, and it doesn't sound like any of the boys singing in falsetto.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Actually, I think I remember reading that it was 2 or 3 choirboys singing it. I don't know their names or anything, but... perhaps I helped you in some small, insignificant way...

P.S.- I've always thought this was a very cool song.

------------------
"That's the first time we've played that song in... about 15 years." -Bono, after In God's Country - Phoenix 11/23

One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real disney land , but it was getting pretty late.

Official L.O.B.P.B.G.G.T.S.H.S.A.E.E of the E.B.O.C

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 12-09-2001).]

the song was originally made to a play for A clockwork Orange, that Bono and Edge were asked to write, but aparently this people didn't like what Edge and Bono made, didn't even get recorded, so, the only we got left from that, is alex descends into hell....and yes those are chore boys.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

[This message has been edited by rafmed (edited 12-09-2001).]

Actually, A Clockwork Orange did have a run at the National Theatre in London with a complete U2 soundtrack. It flopped, though, and no recording survives so far as I know. "Alex Descends..." is a medley of different elements they used in the soundtrack.

Hmmmmm...*no* recording exists?

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

It's also in the movie Johnny Mnemonic, which the producers were trying to get Bono to star in.

There's your U2 trivia for the day.

Back
Top Bottom