Achtung Baby/Zooropa remasters CONFIRMED for Fall 2011 by Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why don't you guys wanna get blu-ray? you keep asking for another DVD release, like its 1997.

No, then we'd be asking for a VHS release.

I don't want a blu-ray because I can't play it. And I don't see the quality difference either since I don't have a huge ass screen with fancy schmanzy sound system. I can play DVD's, so I'd rather have that.

^ I have no DVD bootlegs and only one song from the Salome outtakes because I am not really interested in collecting song scraps or unfinished rejects. Also, there are too many bootlegs to wade through out there to find the good stuff. So any officially-released material from this time period that has been cleaned up would be great. :up:

Ok, that makes no sense to me. Some people want the exact rough demo tapes from Hansa that are already out there in full quality. Which is what I was referring to. You can go to a torrent or U2 mp3 site and download them for free. But if its got special packaging and you have to pay for the same thing, you want it? :scratch:

time to get out of the 90s. :wink:

Why?:wink: I have U2's best albums right here. Nice and cosy. So I'm nice and comfy here in the 90's.

Now where did I leave my Walkman with AB casette? :scratch: Must've misplaced it, I swear I thought it was next to my lavalamp and casette deck.

Now where did I leave my Walkman with AB casette? :scratch: Must've misplaced it, I swear I thought it was next to my lavalamp and casette deck.

I don't know about you, but my Walkman w/ AB cassette is on my dresser where I keep my stirrup pants.

why don't you guys wanna get blu-ray? you keep asking for another DVD release, like its 1997.

because some people, like me, are slower at getting "the latest things". I said the same thing 10 years ago on this board when the Elevation DVD came out. I was annoyed because I could only play it on my computer (I still had only VHS then). :lol: :sexywink:

Because whatever they have may not be recorded on film, and if it's not on film, I'm sure it'll be limited to normal DVD resolution.

Down All The Days? I have never heard of this track. Where can I find it online?

it hasn't surfaced on line. it was an early early version of numb (i think). from flanigans book, lanois was working on the song and bono didn't like what he was doing with it. they had a throw down from that over what the hell was going on. (haircuts v hats)

back in the 90s i collected the AB cassette singles, then saw the great value of the CD singles they released for the same album.

i was an early adopter of CD singles, and made my own AB2, the flip side.

it hasn't surfaced on line. it was an early early version of numb (i think). from flanigans book, lanois was working on the song and bono didn't like what he was doing with it. they had a throw down from that over what the hell was going on. (haircuts v hats)

It was the same guitar as Numb. It was also on the progress board in the studio that you see in pictures a lot of the time of U2 working in the studio, with check marks for what portions of the song are complete. Down All The Days appears to have made it to the final cut of at least 16 for Achtung Baby based on that picture. I think the pic was in Propaganda.

and i was one of the few who obtained the axtung beibi outakes CD, i think i got it from a guy in italy...

I obtained it on vinyl, which was what the original leak was on. Got it from the local import shop who would get U2 bootlegs and call me. I was known as "U2 guy" LOL. It was the black plain label with gold and silver lettering from Germany which is the original bootleg 6 vinyl LPs (I think there is a 7 or 8 LP version that was out there also). I still have it somewhere packed up. Then I put it on tape from vinyl to listen to in my car. It was strange having a whole album before the album came out. Why do I suddenly feel very old! LOL :shifty:

I obtained it on vinyl, which was what the original leak was on. Got it from the local import shop who would get U2 bootlegs and call me. I was known as "U2 guy" LOL. It was the black plain label with gold and silver lettering from Germany which is the original bootleg 6 vinyl LPs (I think there is a 7 or 8 LP version that was out there also). I still have it somewhere packed up. Then I put it on tape from vinyl to listen to in my car. It was strange having a whole album before the album came out. Why do I suddenly feel very old! LOL :shifty:

that's a great story, amazing

i also remember the original U2 Wire Mailing List and the old bulletin board site. wonderful times.

because some people, like me, are slower at getting "the latest things". I said the same thing 10 years ago on this board when the Elevation DVD came out. I was annoyed because I could only play it on my computer (I still had only VHS then). :lol: :sexywink:

That's exactly how it was for me ten years ago, haha. My Mom bought me that DVD, which was the first I ever owned actually, and the only way I could ever watch it was on my computer at the time. Watched it on there quite a bit though!

Blue Room said:
because you are old! :wink:

seriously though, that had to have been pretty awesome. not too many bands have ever had demos for their album leak before the proper albm came out!

trevgreg said:
That's exactly how it was for me ten years ago, haha. My Mom bought me that DVD, which was the first I ever owned actually, and the only way I could ever watch it was on my computer at the time. Watched it on there quite a bit though!
me too! i got a computer in 2001 which played dvds. didn't actually buy a dvd player until 2007, and even then it was a portable one i could hook up to my tv or take with me. i didn't get a for real dvd player until the next year.

I think my first dvd was Elevation Slane. :hmm: or Rattle and Hum. Either way it was somewhere after 2004.

I'm no good with this new technology thingz.

Maybe in America. Here they are still sick expensive.

I still don't see a reason to upgrade as it makes no difference on my tv. I'll change when DVD is no longer supported.

because you are old! :wink:

seriously though, that had to have been pretty awesome. not too many bands have ever had demos for their album leak before the proper albm came out!

Thanks! :|

:wink:

Three months after I got the demos the album came out (which I obtained a week early from the same import store owner) and obviously was a lot different. So it was like getting two new U2 albums in 4 months. Then the hysteria and panic of getting tickets for the tour hit shortly after that. I'm so happy Propaganda was in service then. It made getting tickets A LOT less stressful and easier. Getting tickets for that first leg of Zoo TV was really tough if you did not have Prop at that time.

Maybe in America. Here they are still sick expensive.

I still don't see a reason to upgrade as it makes no difference on my tv. I'll change when DVD is no longer supported.

i'm with you there. the only thing i really need HD for is watching sports. i will admit that the ability to connect to Wifi is a benefit, but i really feel that at this point it's not worth shelling out money for.

Take this with a grain of salt because a) 2nd hand info and b) Bono lies but :

now this would be nice. the chord progression on Heaven and Hell is sick. i was always hoping that they would release an updated version of this track.

just saw this photo on gigs

qs8tMJ

its just like the 'one' video. bono with an acoustic is interesting. the only song i can remember that had an acoustic was/is wild horses 'temple bar'

It would be awesome if they played every song from AB in an empty theater like Springsteen did for Darkness on the Edge of Town with the Promise/Darkness DVD-CD pack.

just saw this photo on gigs

qs8tMJ

its just like the 'one' video. bono with an acoustic is interesting. the only song i can remember that had an acoustic was/is wild horses 'temple bar'

That's awesome - I can imagine them discussing about the songs on the album, maybe playing a song? :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom