"A Very Special Christmas" DVD is in MONO !?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmelrose

The Fly
Sad times... I got my 20th Anniversary "A Very Special Christmas" DVD from Amazon today, and I popped it into my computer and to my suprise the DVD ripping software gave me the option for one audio track: MONO. (One track, and that track was one channel.)

So, I checked it on the computer's DVD player and my home DVD player. No mistake. This 2007 music DVD release is in mono.

Sad times. If you're a completist looking to get this for the Christmas Baby Please Come Home video, I don't recommend doing it by this route. Maybe there will be a deluxe 25th Anniversary with exciting new "stereo" technology to upgrade it?

While as much as I am glad the Special Olympics benefits from these artist's work, it would be nice if someone in the organization was making sure the work being released was up to the high quality the fans of the bands/music expect. (John Mellencamp's fans may also be disappointed to see that they cannot spell his name correctly on the SO's website about this "exciting DVD release." ) After all, the original CDs were in stereo. The DVD's audio should really be a non-issue. Very disappointing. I did send an email to the mastering house that did this re-release to see if it was maybe an error at the pressing plant. In the meantime, Amazon is taking my DVD back, as it is definitely "of disappointing quality."

Back
Top Bottom