A new song heard in France?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The reason MD was so misconstrued was that the beach clip was a clip of the only part of the song that actually is pretty killer (that being the slide solo and such). How could we have known that the rest of the song was somewhat boring? You have to admit, that part showed a lot of promise.

Zootlesque
ya it will be released this year!!check out YOU TUBE for live 2006 clips,new songs and what not!!!
gnr are playing shows in the UK everything is going fine!!
and the new songs are so good!! can you say masterpiece!!
ok back on topic!!

B SIDE

Canadiens1160 said:
We thought it would turn out to be a good track?

That happened with a few of the tracks. We also got the good bit of Love & Peace (and it promised more than it delivered), plus the washed out Vertigo sounded a lot better.

Hoodlem said:
The reason MD was so misconstrued was that the beach clip was a clip of the only part of the song that actually is pretty killer (that being the slide solo and such). How could we have known that the rest of the song was somewhat boring? You have to admit, that part showed a lot of promise.

I remember being excited because the Miracle Drug clip gave the impression we were going to get something ethereal like the UF album. I agree it's a shame how the rest of the song turned out.

From what I've hard I'm not excited about it at all. Granted, it's not much, but that not much sounds like nothing new or exciting.

I enjoy MD's trippy intro, the chorus is good ("I've had enough of romantic love" is a particularly good line in context), and of course the bridge/slide solo/Edge vocal is totally great.

Overall, cool song. Not the best on HTDAAB, but pretty great anyway.

MD was one of those songs I nearly orgasmed over when I first heard it, then slowly grew bored of. It basically epitomizes what's wrong with U2 today IMO (except for the guitar solor).

shart1780 said:
MD was one of those songs I nearly orgasmed over when I first heard it, then slowly grew bored of. It basically epitomizes what's wrong with U2 today IMO (except for the guitar solor).

You see, I don't see that. Vertigo, SYCMIOYO, LAPOE, COBL, OOTS, and Yahweh sound nothing like that, and are all much better songs. What makes MD the epitomy of U2 suddenly?

Axver said:

We can dream.

I've got to say, the depth of over-analysis on this thread is hilarious. And given the total misconception we all got of Miracle Drug from beach clips, I'm not going to put too much stock in this 16 second clip.

What this does do is allow you to give credit to, or discount, the opinions of many forum members. Anyone making wholesale judgements about an entire record, or even a song, from a 16 second beach clip can easily be dismissed as an idiot.

ponkine said:
It doesn't sound like a bad song ... but I don't see any sign of taking a new direction :( it's just another ATYCLB-HTDAAB song and that's makes me feel really worried.

So we will have yet another similar album?. 3 albums sounding the same?. I really can't believe it :ohmy:

Three albums with a similar sound?!?!?! Impossible.

We certainly didn't hear this with "Boy"-"War".
Nor with UF-R&H.
And definitely not with AB-"Pop".

Nope, never had groupings of three before - so why now?

Of course, 16 seconds of garbled audio is more than enough to get one worried and start classifying. I fully understand your concern.

hey, at least it says 'elephant' right? :wink:

its ironic, just after the beach clip was released i tell my friends 'hey maybe this means they're coming out with a new album at the end of this year'...then i hear that they announced the dates for the end of the year...still called 'vertigo tour' so dangit!! maybe the beginning of 07?

anyways...it sounds alright from what little we can hear, but hopefully a little more will be recorded soon!

angelordevil said:

I smell a Radiohead song title. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Maybe this is the only audible vocal part of this song.

Maybe the section we're hearing is preceeded by 2 minutes of drum machines, beeps and blips, and whining/moaning. Then followed by a 1 minute section of analog tape hiss with Bono lip farting into the mike while Edge plays a 2 note solo on a "Commodore 64".

shaun vox said:
Zootlesque
ya it will be released this year!!check out YOU TUBE for live 2006 clips,new songs and what not!!!
gnr are playing shows in the UK everything is going fine!!
and the new songs are so good!! can you say masterpiece!!
ok back on topic!!

B SIDE

will be Chinese Democracy a GNR album or an Axl Rose and guests one? :(

MrBrau1 said:

What this does do is allow you to give credit to, or discount, the opinions of many forum members. Anyone making wholesale judgements about an entire record, or even a song, from a 16 second beach clip can easily be dismissed as an idiot.
I am making my list of people in Excel :up:

ponkine said:

will be Chinese Democracy a GNR album or an Axl Rose and guests one? :(

People still give two shits about this album? Man oh man, I can't imagine how disappointed all those hardcore GNR fans are going to be when (if) they get a load of this bomb-in-the-making.

ponkine said:
It doesn't sound like a bad song ... but I don't see any sign of taking a new direction :( it's just another ATYCLB-HTDAAB song and that's makes me feel really worried.

So we will have yet another similar album?. 3 albums sounding the same?. I really can't believe it :ohmy:

I know some of you will post "it's just one song" and all that, but I can smell the overused trend in that song yet again. By the way, everything's the same: The band recording sessions at the house beach again, the same songwriting, etc. With that clip I can't help but thinking in Miracle Drug when we listened to it for the first time, remember?

:(

:huh: 16 seconds of bad recorded acoustic guitar and some singing at such an early stage means nothing.
It may not even make the album.

Last edited:
It sounds to be a little in the style of 'Flower Child".
Does he say something in the beginning like 'you started a riot'?

Lancemc said:

People still give two shits about this album? Man oh man, I can't imagine how disappointed all those hardcore GNR fans are going to be when (if) they get a load of this bomb-in-the-making.

No more dissapointed than those 2 " twin bombs" U2 have dropped

ponkine said:

No more dissapointed than those 2 " twin bombs" U2 have dropped

You're the reason i wrote this:

MrBrau1 said:

MrBrau1 said:

Maybe this is the only audible vocal part of this song.

Maybe the section we're hearing is preceeded by 2 minutes of drum machines, beeps and blips, and whining/moaning. Then followed by a 1 minute section of analog tape hiss with Bono lip farting into the mike while Edge plays a 2 note solo on a "Commodore 64".

Lol!

But some of the music made on a Commodore 64 is actually quite impressive.

I can't listen to it argh :scream:

My sound card stuffed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyone know how to fix it! I want my 16 seconds of barely recognisable noise please!

PS I'm not sure a 16 second sound file can confirm that the next album, possibly not released until two years, will be similar to the last two. Which I wouldn't mind anyway.

Last edited:
The best thing about this is though is bonos voice. Its sounding really clean in there and maybe they're going to play some new songs for the new tour they might aswell people are going to smuggle microphones into that house one day and we'll be able to hear everything

at the very start he says something like 'as dark as space' or 'as dark as your face'

but i think the rest of it goes

the sky is alive
with the music from a man
it when into your heart
and out of my head

Back
Top Bottom