9 minutes of new U2 posted on U2exit!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GibsonGirl said:

Gosh, could you imagine it? :drool: A nine minute plus U2 song that sounds good.

After listening to this a few times, I like the chord changes in the first song. The portion of the song that we're able to hear sounds fairly average on the whole to me, but I'm glad U2 are starting to break away from the kind of chord changes that were common on ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

I think the closest thing we've ever come to hearing something like that was Zooropa :drool:

I'd love to hear a U2-esque Sheep

I also am a little surprised by the Coldplay comparison. I'm very familiar with every song Coldplay has put out (and most they haven't) and I really don't hear it. I think some of us have just been jumping on first impressions made of vague generalizations (such as Piano = Coldplay and falsetto = Chris Martin). U2 were using Piano quite a bit in 1981 and Bono has been obsessed with falsetto since Achtung Baby.

bram said:
I also am a little surprised by the Coldplay comparison. I'm very familiar with every song Coldplay has put out (and most they haven't) and I really don't hear it. I think some of us have just been jumping on first impressions made of vague generalizations (such as Piano = Coldplay and falsetto = Chris Martin). U2 were using Piano quite a bit in 1981 and Bono has been obsessed with falsetto since Achtung Baby.

The snippet of song 4 sounds somewhat like Clocks, and I am a huge Coldplay fan.

OH MY GOD. It's so exciting, isn't it? :hyper:

I don't even know where to begin with my thoughts. They all sound really, really, like worship songs. Particularly that second one, which I actually rather like. After hearing some of Bono's "thank you for the day" lyrics on NBC Nightly News, I was quite afraid, but he seems to have turned it into something quite beautiful.
In the other songs, I'm quite pleased with the presence of bass and drums... at least we know that Adam and Larry are on the premises.

I like the sound of the first song, though for most of it I can barely understand what Bono's singing, so I can't really judge the lyrics too much. Though there is that one part where he could either be saying "I believe in you" or "I'll be leaving you", both of which push the song into different directions. My favourite part is the buildup after 1:10, and the Bono-noises.

I already commented on the second song, but I must say, the piano, especially at the beginning sounds awfully familiar, and my mother agrees. My immediate reaction was "early 90s pop ballad, sung by a female", and I then I figured it out.. "Save the Best for Last" by Vanessa Williams, but comparing them now, they're not as similar as I originally thought. Regardless, I find the song to be very beautiful, it feels quite personal, and it definitely sounds like a prayer.

I've got mixed feelings about that third song. It's bouncy and cheery, but I find it a little bit boring. Maybe it's just because "All my life I've been waiting for this moment I'm in" just reminds me of Kelly Clarkson. But despite my feelings about the mood, Edge's solo is killer. And we get some patented Bono "OooooooOH!"s.

The fourth song is really way too short to gather much of an opinion on. But I think I liked what I heard.

I guess the Clocks comparison may be justified...although that clip is only a few seconds long. They did play Clocks only a couple songs before Arcade Fire's "Wake Up" on tour, so I imagine they love it. Which would make sense then that it influenced a new song. That song also sounds as if it could be the least finished---just Bono jamming on the Piano.

jimjam said:
Yeah, I heard that was a recording of Edge putting the finishing touches on the production of the new songs

>Finishes wishful thinking

Where did you hear this from? :drool:

:ohmy: This stuff sounds excellent! I agree with the Beatles comparison--that one sounds fantastic, if they put a little more into it. Edge's solo, though... :| Not very exciting. Bono's voice sounds fantastic. :drool:

blindinglights said:
I ask forgiveness in advance if this has already been posted but I looked around and didn't see it.

There's about 9 minutes of new u2 that u2exit.com has posted up!!! Enjoy!
I've listened to all the recordings (18'30'') on the forum of www.u2achtung.com (the stream is now off) : 5 songs and it's so gooood

Re: Re: 9 minutes of new U2 posted on U2exit!!!!

zoofred said:

I've listened to all the recordings (18'30'') on the forum of www.u2achtung.com (the stream is now off) : 5 songs and it's so gooood

do you mean 18 minutes and 30 seconds? :ohmy: did you save it to your computer? The one from U2exit is only 9 minutes

hello I am french and I've also listened to all the recordings (18'30''). The recording is not available for the moment....patience...

^^ So, does that imply we'll be hearing them soon?

Just tryin' to make plans for the evening...:wink:

There's more? Awesome! I hope we can hear it soon - whoever posts it will be a hero! :hyper:

Holy schnikes fellas!!!!

Id hate to be that dude but did i not call it like a mofo???

U2 sounds completely different yet again. I love this band, this is gonna be so much fun to sing along with.

I think Bono sounds octoberish at 42-53 or whatever, not strained at all. kind of got excited when i first heard it, actually.

and we get more soon :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yah the songs are really catching for me, very cool stuff. Right now song three is my fav and I agree that the song has a nice beatle quality to it in the verse. All the stuff is very melodic but with some interesting chord progressions . . I'm hoping we'll get some rockers too though.

The chorus to that 3rd one:

"All my life I've been waiting for ya"

sounds huge. Lotsa voices in it.

If they've already got songs written, a record next year may not be so insane.

MrBrau1 said:
The chorus to that 3rd one:

"All my life I've been waiting for ya"

sounds huge. Lotsa voices in it.

Yep. You can just feel the potential oozing out of that one. As long as U2 don't bugger it up or produce the shit out of it, it could be a huge single, it just has that classic feeling about it and I find the melody really catchy.

Please, U2, please don't ruin this song. The promise here is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom