4 years ago today....................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
my first u2 concert. Popmart Seattle, 12-12-97. it was a friday night. they came on at 10 PM. there was a christmas tree on top of the popmart arch. whole crew came out during EBTTRT with muscle man shirts on. what an amazing show. thank you, u2!

og88125.jpg

COOL!
wink.gif

Awwww, Bono w/ a Santa hat!! SO *cute*

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 12-11-2001).]

Awwwww...it's Bono Elf!!
smile.gif

that's cool Jesse! I bet you had one heckuva time there...where did you sit? (or STAND, I guess) Would love to hear EBTTRT live! Was Bono bald in this picture, or did he just have really short hair?

I just had an 'anniversary' too...11/24/01, the day before the 11/25 Dallas show, was exactly 14 years to the day of my very first U2 show in Fort Worth during the JT tour! Weird....

Disco

Originally posted by jesseu2:
my first u2 concert. Popmart Seattle, 12-12-97. it was a friday night. they came on at 10 PM. there was a christmas tree on top of the popmart arch. whole crew came out during EBTTRT with muscle man shirts on. what an amazing show. thank you, u2!

og88125.jpg

Wow! My cousin and I were at that show too!!! Thanks for reminding me of it's anniversary!

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

lol, didn't know u saw em on JT tour, kinda wish I was born 10 years earlier to see JT. I was in 2nd level seats, nosebleeds, straight back from the stage. I did not want to be in nosebleeds ever again (which i made up for by seeing 3 elevation shows, Phoenix 4/28, Vegas 11/18, an LA 11/19 ALL from inside the heart!). Bono was bald in Popmart Seattle.

Sea19.jpg

Originally posted by Discoteque:

...where did you sit? (or STAND, I guess) Would love to hear EBTTRT live! Was Bono bald in this picture, or did he just have really short hair?

I just had an 'anniversary' too...11/24/01, the day before the 11/25 Dallas show, was exactly 14 years to the day of my very first U2 show in Fort Worth during the JT tour! Weird....

Disco

Wow! Bono was TOTALLY bald!!! Must've just done that....because on 12/3 in Mexico he had just kinda short hair, and a week later in Seattle he is bald!!! That's crazy!

Also, not to make you feel older or anything, but Seattle Popmart was actually FIVE years ago this day! Uhhhh. Next May, it'll be 6 years since my first show in Columbus....God, that is really a long time! But not a day goes by that I don't think about that show! Popmart kicked serious ass, don't care what anyone says!

Great pictures!

I was about 3 rows back from the b-stage. What a night! Lots of unusual moments: 10 guys (roadies?) in muscle shirts on stage during EBTTRT, Bono dancing with roadie in wig during WOWOY, "Stand By Me", "Whole Lotta Love", "40", girls from U2 Wire getting onstage, etc etc.

A great show that really broke from the Popmart mold. Lots of crowd interaction. Oh ya, remember the sign at the b-stage that said "at least the ryhthm section has hair!". That got quite a laugh from Larry.:yes:

The_acrobat said:

Also, not to make you feel older or anything, but Seattle Popmart was actually FIVE years ago this day! Uhhhh. Next May, it'll be 6 years since my first show in Columbus....God, that is really a long time! But not a day goes by that I don't think about that show! Popmart kicked serious ass, don't care what anyone says!

Great pictures!

i know it was 5 years, i just 'bumped' this thread up an added some pics. :)

yea popmart kicked ass! i'll never forget it.

Back
Top Bottom