2008: JT or AB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wich is best? JT Or Ab?

• JT

Votes: 50 35.5%
  • Ab

Votes: 91 64.5%

• Total voters
The Joshua Tree by a mile. It has two things going for it: more cohesion and infinitely better production.

i don't and will never understand the obsession over production. i'm all about song quality. if it sounds slightly muddy or if it has more atmosphere or more background noises, or reduced guitar, or more ambient, or whatever, on the studio version, great. sometimes i think people here would prefer having a perfectly mixed album rather than an album full of perfect songs, which is sort of sad.

i don't and will never understand the obsession over production. i'm all about song quality. if it sounds slightly muddy or if it has more atmosphere or more background noises, or reduced guitar, or more ambient, or whatever, on the studio version, great. sometimes i think people here would prefer having a perfectly mixed album rather than an album full of perfect songs, which is sort of sad.

You clearly have misinterpreted what I mean when I say production. The entire point is that the production makes the songs worse. It makes them sound poorer, thus the songs aren't as good. They tie into each other.

So hard to choose between these 2 masterpieces but Achtung takes it for me. Blame early 90s nostalgia for it!

JT. It's not a contest.

It's not a contest because you, a few others, and I are like the only JT fanatics here. If the poll had restrictions to prevent lurkers from voting, AB would be winning by an even greater margin. I say this because JT is held in much higher esteem by the general public.

I don't know what it is about this forum and the Zoo-era. I'll never understand it. :doh:

It ain't brain surgery, dude. Some people just have a different opinion than you.

I don't understand why it has to be a big deal that more people here appear to like one over the other.

ikno,rite?

I felt silly even typing it, because it seems like someone posts a similar comment on a daily basis around here. But seriously - so this board appears to favor one album over the other. Who cares? State your case if you prefer one of them and go one preferring it. Sheesh.

It's not a contest because you, a few others, and I are like the only JT fanatics here. If the poll had restrictions to prevent lurkers from voting, AB would be winning by an even greater margin. I say this because JT is held in much higher esteem by the general public.

I don't know what it is about this forum and the Zoo-era. I'll never understand it. :doh:

Can't say I like my quote being used as the basis of your post.

This isn't survivor. Obviously people think it must be, which is why Achtung Baby has more votes--because people are trying to vote it out (since Joshua Tree is clearly better :D)

I've never cared for AB, so it's The Joshua Tree for me. :)

And it doesn't matter to me one bit if anyone else agrees with me. I'm quite confident my musical taste is perfect -- for me. :D

Not saying it's true or anything, but the trend I've noticed is that most people prefer The Joshua Tree, and the only exceptions are on the Internet, on sites like this or RYM or something, where Achtung Baby ranks higher.

I say this because JT is held in much higher esteem by the general public.

And the general public if often the mainstream poplistners, they like more songs like ISHFWILF,RHMT, IGC, TTYW The thing is that JT was a much easier record to like.
AB is more experimental, wich is why most of the pop kids don't like it. Just listen what Bono says in this interview:
YouTube - U2 - Zoo TV - Opening Night (1992)

With JT they where the people's band, specially in America. With the AB they where more the band against the (pop)people. LIB, Acrobat, UTEOTW, ZS, TTTYAATW wouldnt been any sucess as singels. Most of the songs on JT would.

:up: :up: :up:

you speak a lot of sense mate.

Back
Top Bottom