1st minute of LAPOE...MP3!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the only clear sound I've heard of the album (besides vertigo)...I listed to COBL but it was so bad (the recording, not the song!) I couldn't tell anything from it.

I must say I really liked what I heard of this song. I think it definitely sounds more AB than ATYCLB. I'm so excited for this album!! :D

Last edited:
boosterjuice said:

Look, don't beat yourself up about it. Your intentions were noble. Now, you need to revel in the delights of being a non-virgin. It really is fun. Throw caution to the wind and jump in! Stand up tall and hold your head high. You have nothing to be ashamed of.
(It's good to have you back)

*sighs*

Well, thanks for the invitation, but wouldn't you really love to get the album and hear for the first time songs like SYCMIOyO, AMAAW, CFYT, OSC, OOTS, Y, and FC for the first time that day??:drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm jeopardizing this possibility. Ahh well. Still, nothing will deter me from coming here to review other fans' reviews, so knock yourself out reporting about songs when they are leaked.:wink:

why oh why must we always use acronyms!!!!! Its so hard to see which songs you talk about sometimes esp on the one word songs!!!!!!!! You guys should start writing the whole title to the one word songs

dabiggestu2fan said:
why oh why must we always use acronyms!!!!! Its so hard to see which songs you talk about sometimes esp on the one word songs!!!!!!!! You guys should start writing the whole title to the one word songs

Sorry, it's your responsibility to memorize which songs are which:wink:

MD=Miracle Drug
SYCMIOYO=Sometimes You Can't make it on your own
LPOE=Love and Peace or Else
COBL=City of Blinding Lights
ABOY=All Because of You
AMAAW=A Man and a Woman
CFYT=Crumbs from your table
OSC=One step closer
OOTS=Original of the Species
Y=Yahweh
FC=Fast Cars

dabiggestu2fan said:

I know it is a bt annoying.

We should have a rule that states that if you use acronyms you must post a grid directly below. .....:wink:

Everones been assuming that Vertigo will be the live opener.
After hearing this I'd put my money on LAPOE

CPTLCTYGOOFBALL said:
Everones been assuming that Vertigo will be the live opener.
After hearing this I'd put my money on LAPOE

i dunno...its kind of a slow, crawling song to begin, though it gets pretty uptempo towards the middle. Vertigo (just like Elevation, Mofo, and Zoo Station) is a fun, fast-paced song right off the get go. LaPoE starts off pretty dark and dreary. It sort of reminds me of Bullet in some ways. You know how on the Elevation tour where they played Kite, slowing the show down after UTEOTW, New Year's Day, Mysterious Ways, and songs like that, then hit you right with Gone? I think LaPoE will be something like that, but an even bigger contrast. It probably will do this job on the album, as it comes rigth after SYCMIOYO (love those acronyms!).

I CANT WAIT AHHH

BrownEyedBoy said:

I know it is a bt annoying.

We should have a rule that states that if you use acronyms you must post a grid directly below. .....:wink:

I'm okay with the acronyms for the HTDAAB songs. What bugs me is all the other acronyms. U2 has 400 songs! How are we suppposed to know all of those acronyms? I think we should have a page that has all the acronyms in alphabetical order.

I'm thinking this Amazon clip is a remix of the song like the version of Vertigo from the same clip. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a little different on the album.

U2 Dork - YOU KNOW WHAT?? I would agree that your observation is a very distinct possibility!!!

Good call! I never thought of that.

Compared to the full beach version, the opening lyrics are different.

FullonEdge2 said:

I think I have a confession to make, though. I know. I failed miserably. I let other members of the club down. I illegally listened to the totp version of OOTS. Now my membership is at the mercy of the club.:mad:

thanx for understanding:wink:

Um, there is no TotP performance of OotS. :shrug:

From that clip man it's gonna kick ass. It's gonna be the Mofo of the album. Dark and broody opening (NIN in it's darkness), can't wait for the full thing. That one track is gonna be a monster. Welcome back to what U2 can do best!It has all the elements of the '90's U2 I loved. the tone and textures are like that of AB and Pop. I wanna hear it all!

Last edited:
i just hope that version of love peace or else isn't a remix... U2's remixes tend to be more rockin then the actual songs..

This isn't a remix...The descriptions from the reviews match exactly with this snippet.

Great music!

Where did this video come from because if he has that video, he also has the album?!

It came from a promotional video that came with the collector edition of the album I guess. From amazon.com

@David: So someone has the album?
Where did the person who started the thread get it?

I got all my information from the first page of this thread, you might want to read the first page, you might find what you are looking for.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank you very much for posting that clip!!! :hyper: :dance:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Back
Top Bottom