Your pick to win the NBA Championship.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the Lakers would fare better without Payton and Malone. They (especially the Glove) don't fit with the triangle. That seems to take looks away from Koberapist and Shaqfu, and I think the Lakers are at their best when Kobe is running the show. Payton is a bad fit.
Not that as a Celts fan I'd be upset if they got swept, but they should be more competitive than they are.

Gotta give Greg Popovich props. Outside of Timmay Dunkin, you got one emerging all-star in Parker and a lot of bit role players who are doing everything asked of them.

The Spurs WILL beat the Lakers. My boys are the best outthere...I don't care if the Lakers tied it up...the Spurs will end up winning in the end. I'm from San Antonio and I will never have another favourite team.

I HATE the Lakers with a passion. I HATE Shaq and Kobe. :down:

Last edited:
Looks to me like the Spurs are cooked. Pissed-ons look pretty bad all of a sudden too. We'll see when they shift back to Alamo City and Motown, but the momentum has shifted major in both series.

the spurs are far from cooked... last year san antonio went up 2-0, and then lost two at LA to even the sereis, and still won... i still put my money on the spurs, but it is nice of LA to finally join the living.

as for detroit... when you can't score, that does present a few problems... somebody other than rip hamilton... who looks absolutely rediculous with the face guard for his broken nose AND a head band... needs to do something on offense. jersey can't shoot jumpers either, but they're one of the best in the league in transition. the more bricks the pissedons throw up, the more opportunity for breaks the nets will get... and no matter how good the pistons are defensively in the half court, there is no defense anywhere that can stop a great fast break... period.

Last edited:
Oh thats Rip Hamilton?? I thought the Pissed-ons signed Hannibal Lechter (Actually Anthony Hopkins could probably add some much needed scoring punch to their lineup)

:hmm: hmm... i think you're right hews... i do see the resemblance...

riplecter.jpg

Home sweet home sweet home sweet home sweet home sweet home . . .

Seriously, folks, this trend has got to go. I love basketball just as much as the next guy, but I don't want to still be in the second round three weeks from now.

now that, my friends, is what you call a hose job... take a ball and a stop watch, and attempt to get off a turning jump shot in .4 seconds... it's impossiable. but the trent tucker rule says .4, so .4 it is... pop's probably gonna have the SBC Center offical time keeper fired for not being quick enough on the trigger.

that aside... a point where neither team even breaks 80 can't exactly be called an all time classic game, but it's certainly an all time classic finish. that shot by duncan was amazing.

Last edited:
I am SO pissed! I can't believe that the Lakers won!!! :mad: That is bullshite! I thought when Timmy made that shot...omg I was out of my seat and jumping and screaming....then the Lakers had to ruin it. :madspit:

*prays the Spurs come back*

I love what Shaq said to Michelle Tafoya after the game; "One lucky shot deserves another"

And Headache...rules are rules, by the NBA's rules the shot was good, so its not a hose job.

the rule says the minimum amount of time to get a shot off is 0.4 seconds... if you catch the ball facing the basket with your hands already shoulder level or above, you can get a legit shot off in 0.4 seconds...

... but derek fisher didn't shoot the ball in 0.4 seconds... he had a legit 0.6 seconds to get it off, and it's still questionable on wether the shot was actually completely out of his fingertips when the red light went off. the clock did not start at the exact moment fisher touched the ball... the clock never starts right when the player touches the ball. the official scorer hits the button to start the clock the second someone touches the ball. that function in it's own takes a fraction of a second., and you can clearly tell that the transition on the clock from 0.4 to 0.3 is longer than the transition from 0.3 to 0.2.

but that besing said, you can't actually blame anyone... it's the way it's set up. the time keeper couldn't start the clock before the ball was in fisher's hands 'cause then there would be outrage about "home cookin'" and the like... so the guy did it as fast as he would, but it's just an automatic delay. call it human error. :shrug:

watch the play... he catches the ball at his waist and turns before the clock starts moving.

so i still believe it to be a hose job, just a hose job that you can't really blame anyone for. and the spurs have filed a protest regarding just this very same issue to the nba... it will be denied... but they obviously feel the same way.

now all that aside... god damn that was one hell of a shot by tim duncan. he looks like he was falling out of control, but his release point is picture perfect.

fitting that al michaels was calling the game... derek fisher certainly believes in miracles.

Last edited:
Yeah that shot that Timmy took just left me :shocked: When he took that shot I thought for sure it wouldn't go in and when it did :D My fiance was like "No fucking way! That was the worst shot ever!" I was like "no that was the BEST shot ever!"

Yeah when Fisher made that shot I definitely thought that it wasn't off his hands in time...the Spurs are going to have to gather up courage and strength in LA cos that crowd is tough but I know they can do it :)

The replay clearly shows the ball out of Fisher's hand befor the red light is on, which is what counts, if the time keeper screwed up, fire the bastard.
As for Al Michaels he was letting his MNF persona show, kept calling the shot clock the "play clock"
Duncan hit 2 amazing (and possibly somewhat lucky) shots. The near game winner was pretty much perfectly defended by Shaq, and the bank shot he hit with just over 2 minutes left, he had to double clutch to keep from getting the original attempt blocked, managed to hang long enough to heave the prayer and the bank was luckily still open.
The last few minutes of the game were great. But make no mistake, the Spurs are done. To come back from that kind of devastating loss is difficult at home, near impossible on the road.

The Staples center crowd will be at its most frenzied Saturday, they will be clinking their Chablis glasses from the opening tip and clapping politely whenever the Lakers score.

Hewson said:
I think the Lakers would fare better without Payton and Malone. They (especially the Glove) don't fit with the triangle. That seems to take looks away from Koberapist and Shaqfu, and I think the Lakers are at their best when Kobe is running the show. Payton is a bad fit.
Not that as a Celts fan I'd be upset if they got swept, but they should be more competitive than they are.

Gotta give Greg Popovich props. Outside of Timmay Dunkin, you got one emerging all-star in Parker and a lot of bit role players who are doing everything asked of them.

I tottaly agree payton has been pretty ineffective, Malone is a better if tthan payton but it's almost like they took payton and malone for the names rather than if they fit intot he offense or not.

I like karl malone I'd like to see him get a ring, but I'm sick of the lakersit'
s do or die for the spurs, but if they do win game 6 they're younger faster team the spurs will take the series if it goes to game 7

Last edited:
Hewson said:
The replay clearly shows the ball out of Fisher's hand befor the red light is on, which is what counts, if the time keeper screwed up, fire the bastard.

I'm not arguing that the ball was out of Fisher's hand when the red light went on... it was, within an inch of his fingertips, but it was out... the problem was the clock clearly started late. it is impossiable to turn and shoot in .4 seconds. the clock started late... and ya can't fire the time keeper... the refs start the clock in the last minute from a device on their belt. but again, it's simple human error and the game will stand as is.

however, just like the rule changed to state that you can't get a shot off in under 0.4 seconds after the trent tucker shot, expect there to be clarification on the rule in the post-season (much like the NFL did with the tuck-rule)... something like you need to be facing the basket to get the shot off in 0.4 seconds... if you catch and turn there has to be 0.6 or 0.7 seconds.

http://u2security.interference.com/beautday.mp3

there's a link the first 0.4 seconds of beautiful day... try telling me someone can legitimately catch, turn and shoot in that amount of time...

But make no mistake, the Spurs are done. To come back from that kind of devastating loss is difficult at home, near impossible on the road.

"never underestimate the heart of a champion."
-rudy tomjanovich

Headache in a Suitcase said:

"never underestimate the heart of a champion."
-rudy tomjanovich
"I'll bust your face"
-Kermit Washington :ohmy:

Anyway...I think with the exception of Timmmay and the Fresh Prince, this Spurs team may be too young to overcome this, especially on the road above the din of clinking Chablis glasses. I think they need someone like the Admiral in this situation, I don't see Nesterovic's leadership helping.
We'll see tomorrow night.

Again...I think they can do this....you've got Timmy, Frenchie, and Nose (Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginoblli), oh and Turkey glue (Turkaglu - sp?) I think they can do it....Timmy needs to take more shots tho...he didn't take enough last night.

three games ago the lakers were "done." now the spurs are "done"

this past game should be a reminder to us all about the emortal words of Lawrence Peter Berra... it ain't over till it's over.

that being said... this is the most crushing, heartbreaking defeat for a team that still has to play another game since game 6 of the '86 world series.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

this past game should be a reminder to us all about the emortal words of Lawrence Peter Berra... it ain't over till it's over.
Gi...Yo-Gi.

And stop bringing up '86 at every opportunity, what were you 6? Stop gloating.:wink:

As for the series, usually nobody's in trouble until they lose a home game...thats what happened last night, and in heartbraking, non-Buckneresque fashion, big Fork in the Spurs.

just when you thought nothing could possiably get us to stop talking about the lakers-spurs game...

brain scali-fucking-brini...

what a friggin game... 60+ minutes of back and forth basketball... chauncy billups making a miracle half court banker to send it to overtime... scallibrini comming off the bench to drop 17 points when he's only scored 6 points total in the previous 4 games... scallibrini's hustle play to save a lose ball and send the game to double ot... jason richardson's incredible blocked shot...

what a game what a game

Back
Top Bottom