Who is Steve Vai?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rejoicing fan

The Fly
I saw him last night on the grammys playing with Nelly Furtado. Is he in a band? What kind of music does he play? How long has he been around?

Thanks y'all.

He's been around for a very long time.

Was Frank Zappas guitarist, and then was David Lee Roth's guitarist when Dave went solo. I believe he was also part of White Snake. He has also done several solo projects.

He is an absolutely INCREDIBLE guitarist. Although, I can't say I dig his stuff. Most of it is just crazy guitar soloing. He's one of the best around.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

He was also rumored to be joining Guns N Roses a few months back, but like pretty much everyone else in the music world, couldn't work with Ax-hole.
Vai is incredibly talented, and can play anything from classical guitar to "Yankee Rose".

I liked that version with Nelly! His guitar was great. Interesting pairing, would never have thought of it.

My classmate singing with Steve Vai...sorry, I'm name-dropping again...but it was a neat evening, U2 winning a bunch of awards and someone I went to school with winning her first Grammy...

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

Gee , I'm looking forward to watching the Grammies tonight here in Oz?
Steve Vai as well? For some reason I always associate him with Joe Satriani and Steve Morse....... and Myaawglie Magsteen, but I can't spell his name
smile.gif

rotfl LMFAO
SCATTER of LIGHT...now you have done it!!! I have never thought of that image before, but now I have,it's there forever. Beautiful.lol.
Hub's new guitarist does indulge in that a bit. I am always going to think of your idea when he does.Thanks. rotfl.

I think Steve Vai also wrote orchestra pieces for a student's orchestra, as a pet project. I can't remember, but I heard him saying that on a radio interview. I've never heard his stuff cos I'm not into crazy guitar solos...

foray

Originally posted by Hewson:

I think its: Yngwie Malmsteen
smile.gif

My brother likes him, I was actually more of a fan of his work when I was 13
biggrin.gif
He has some great moments, but he really is one of those people who could be accused of wanking on the fretboard. A better wanker than most, however.

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

Back
Top Bottom