When you were a kid...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wanted to be a teacher or a dancer. I ended up going to university for teaching, but halfway through realized that was NOT the career for me. Turns out I'm just good at hanging out with kids and being their friend, not the teaching part. :wink:

I still dance occasionally, but I never really went very far with that ambition. It's still a lot of fun to do, though!

RedrocksU2 said:

My dream was to be an ilustrator fro Walt Disney Studios.:cute:
I love to draw.

Did not happen.:|

I'll quote myself (weird) and say that I actually had a week in Buena Vista Studios Burbank, with a mentor that was showing me the "ropes" of the profession. While inside the actual studios where they make those animated movies, I was introduced to all the different aspects of the trade; I was like a 5 year old inside of a Toys-R-Us store!
It is totally different now with all that CGI :down:

JCOSTER said:

But there was a time way back in the 70's I wanted to be a go-go dancer and dance in a cage. :ohmy:

Me too! My mom did part time work making costumes for go-go dancers and um...other kinds of dancers and I thought they had the coolest job EVER.

I was only 6 or 7 and thought it would be fun to dance in a bikini and boots :reject:

I still want to be an interior designer or a preschool teacher. My friend and I help out at our old preschool every summer and I hate when it ends because I have so much fun with the little kids :sad: They're so adorable! (except the ones that chase you around with a stick trying to hit you in the back :crack: )

Bono's American Wife said:

Me too! My mom did part time work making costumes for go-go dancers and um...other kinds of dancers and I thought they had the coolest job EVER.

I was only 6 or 7 and thought it would be fun to dance in a bikini and boots :reject:

Me too! Would you remember the Gold Diggers from the Dean Martin show? :wink:

I wanted to be a ballerina, but I was the one who crashed into the other dancers causing everyone to screw up. I gave up on that dream.

I also wanted to be a poet. My grandmother still has my first collection, complete with illustrations. The highlight of that little attempt was "Do Not Sit on a Cactus".

My first realistic goal was to be a vet, but like a few others, I am way too emotional in regards to sick animals. I still haven't figured out where to go from there. :lol:

a lawyer.

and next year im majoring in poli science and music industry.

who knows what will happen!?!

I wanted to be an elementary school teacher. I decided that when I was 5 years old and even picked which college I wanted to go to. 13 years later, I was at that college, diving into my first semester...and I changed my mind.

A palaeontologist, a palaeontologist and a palaeontologist; and surprise surprise I am going to be a palaeontologist, <5 years left for a PhD :drool:

Last edited:
I went through the wanting to be a vet stage, but the whole animal dying thing and seeing my goats give birth made me change my mind VERY quickly!!!
I thought about a career in the visual arts/ interior design/ set design for a while, but deep down i've always wanted to be a teacher and that's what i'm currently studying...

Another one here for a marine biologist. It all came crashing down one night when I was in the emergency room with my nana at about 14. I was talking tot he doctor and he asked what i wanted to be, i said marine biologist, and he laughed and said thats what he wanted, but the pay is shit, there are no jobs and its not as glamourous as everyone thinks. Thats why he changed and became a doctor because of it.

So dream over for me!

dazzlingamy said:
Another one here for a marine biologist. It all came crashing down one night when I was in the emergency room with my nana at about 14. I was talking tot he doctor and he asked what i wanted to be, i said marine biologist, and he laughed and said thats what he wanted, but the pay is shit, there are no jobs and its not as glamourous as everyone thinks. Thats why he changed and became a doctor because of it.

So dream over for me!

No offence, but what an asshole!

Back
Top Bottom