What movie have you seen more than any other in your life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My parents wouldn't let me see ET when it came out because I was only maybe four or five. When I finally did see it, that part where ET is laying in a ditch looking sort of dead scared the crap out of me and made me run out of the room screaming. ET still freaks me out :yikes:

Lancemc said:

JawsFilmCover.jpg

I have seen this movie over 250 times.

Other close calls include the original Star Wars trilogy. I've seen each of those films either just under or just over 200 times, as well.

In more "standard" quantities, I've seen A Clockwork Orange, Pulp Fiction, and Seven Samurai between 20 and 40 times. Stop Making Sense and all of them old-school U2 flicks are probably pretty high up there, too. Rattle and Hum, for example...Jesus, I don't even know, anymore. Before I knew enough to know how painfully average of a film it really is, I had watched it at least 25 or 30 times. C'est la vie. That Tempe shit is still gold, so whatever...

BonoIsMyMuse said:
My parents wouldn't let me see ET when it came out because I was only maybe four or five. When I finally did see it, that part where ET is laying in a ditch looking sort of dead scared the crap out of me and made me run out of the room screaming. ET still freaks me out :yikes:

to this day I haven't watched the entire movie. just remember running out of the theater crying and yelling. can't remember how old I was. don't know why but I can't bring myself to watch the whole thing and figure out what was so "scary" :shrug:

G-dfather I and II, Empire Strikes Back, Chariots of Fire, Excalibur, Shawshank and Swingers, more or less in order. Honorable mention to Dune, which I can never take my eyes off of when I see it, despite it being a train wreck.

Robin Hood, the one with Kevin Costner (because they showed in on TV so much). Then Star Wars, followed by LOTR.

Indiana Jones and Back to the future are up there too.

Ric Burns' brilliant documentary "Coney Island"
Taxi Driver and One Flew Over The Cukoo's nest are a close second and third. Followed by Phantom Of The Paradise.

Zoomerang96 said:

um.

i own this movie, and without question, i've watched this movie more than any other.

why is that so hard to believe?

I just don't know...well, anybody, in the flesh...who's seen it once, let alone many times. Apart from myself, that is. Welcome to the club, I suppose.

We are talking about the Sokurov film, yes?

If you shout... said:

I just don't know...well, anybody, in the flesh...who's seen it once, let alone many times. Apart from myself, that is. Welcome to the club, I suppose.

We are talking about the Sokurov film, yes?

ha, yes.

it's the most beautiful film i've ever seen, bar none.

Back
Top Bottom