What is so Good about Oasis and Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Justin24 said:
I heard a few songs and they sound tooooooooo popish like Fall out boy or when Blink 182 was around.
oh. my. god.

:crack:

Zootlesque said:

Pablo Honey might just be one of my least favourite albums of all time. Blow Out has an amazing outro, though. :up:

Zootlesque said:
I think The Bends is easier to break into if you don't know anything about Radiohead! Or better yet, start from the top? Pablo Honey? I wouldn't know too much about that one though cos that is the only album of theirs I still don't have. :shifty:

yea start with The Bends then OK Computer....then Kid A:drool:

Never listen to Pablo Honey it is :yuck:

Just listen to "Blow out" it is the standout track on that album:drool:

gherman said:
My friend told me to listen to the "thieves" cd what is that one? He said it is a good CD.

Hail To The Thief.

I think it's a great album but most Radiohead fans wouldn't agree with me on that.

Oasis was the face of the British Pop scene but were not the best band. In the same way Nirvana had Pearl Jam, Oasis had The Verve. I like Pearl Jam and The Verve but can't stand the other two. I think groups that are the face of a genre sometimes get the backlash of being the commercial success. That's my theory for why Oasis gets destroyed by some music fans.

On the other hand, Oasis were a fad in the US so as an American I can't really understand what the appeal of the group was. :shrug:

GibsonGirl said:

Hail To The Thief.

I think it's a great album but most Radiohead fans wouldn't agree with me on that.

I have the Bends, Ok Computer and Kid A. Is it anywhere close to those CDs? Would you compare it to any of these?

GibsonGirl said:

Hail To The Thief.

I do, excellent album There There:drool: backdrifts..:drool: We suck young blood:wink:

GibsonGirl said:

Hail To The Thief.

:up:

Still can't get into much of Kid A or less, Amnesiac, though.

Zootlesque said:
I think The Bends is easier to break into if you don't know anything about Radiohead! Or better yet, start from the top? Pablo Honey? I wouldn't know too much about that one though cos that is the only album of theirs I still don't have. :shifty:

pablo should go last

its good only if you appreciate how they evolved from that point

gherman said:

I have the Bends, Ok Computer and Kid A. Is it anywhere close to those CDs? Would you compare it to any of these?

Well, it has some songs that are closer to the Bends/OK Computer era, such as 2+2=5. And there's some Kid A-ish songs like Backdrifts. But then there are quite a few other songs that don't sound anything like any other Radiohead songs, ie Myxomatosis and A Wolf At The Door (amazing songs.)

Then there's There There. That song's delicious. I just wish the drums were louder on the album. They're nice and loud when played live - exactly as they should be.

xaviMF22 said:

I do, excellent album There There:drool: backdrifts..:drool: We suck young blood:wink:

wolf at the door, I will:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: anyways that video of anyone can play guitar is awesome

did you read the blog from the guy from that performance who said he saved Thom's life during it? (sorry I don't have a link)

I'm Ready said:

wolf at the door, I will:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: anyways that video of anyone can play guitar is awesome

did you read the blog from the guy from that performance who said he saved Thom's life during it? (sorry I don't have a link)

yea I heard he almost drowned:ohmy:

GibsonGirl said:

Well, it has some songs that are closer to the Bends/OK Computer era, such as 2+2=5. And there's some Kid A-ish songs like Backdrifts. But then there are quite a few other songs that don't sound anything like any other Radiohead songs, ie Myxomatosis and A Wolf At The Door (amazing songs.)

Then there's There There. That song's delicious. I just wish the drums were louder on the album. They're nice and loud when played live - exactly as they should be.

I guess I will give the CD a try and listen to it. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom