We now return you to your non Olympic Randoooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kariann said:

Speaking of late-nite infomercial....what was the name of the scary toilet one we watched in the wee hours? I can't for the life of me remember what it's called.
:yikes: the Washlet :yikes:

3 am group AIM hallucinations :drool:

:grumpy: I missed the A/V fun because I wanted a fix of the New Car smell in Jim's car!

oh sure, now I can get back on the link to the video.............black screen..........it is almost like there were thousands of people watching the video stream.............how dare they.........I screwed up and closed the video window and someone took advantage of my sheer klutziness and took my spot..............:rolleyes:

ok~ i am done ranting over my stupidity

Schmeg said:
:grumpy: I missed the A/V fun because I wanted a fix of the New Car smell in Jim's car!

Jeez your going to check out new cars tomorrow, patience grasshopper!

I know, I can have my own New Car Smell, and I gave up swively Bono hips that sent Kariann into window-closing, print-button-hitting convulsions for it! :tsk:

Schmeg said:
I know, I can have my own New Car Smell, and I gave up swively Bono hips that sent Kariann into window-closing, print-button-hitting convulsions for it! :tsk:

they were lovely:combust:

well that was a completely unproductive evening (getting stuff done around here wise, that is) It feels much later to me than 10pm. :yawn:

Blue Room said:

Apparantly the guitar solo part and ending were not done though. Still cool they played it. I will probably get shot for saying this. But didnt care for it closing on the Zoo tour. :ducks: Its cool the variety they are pulling out on this tour but Love Is Blindness would be one of my last choices to pull off of Achtung. (Along with Acrobat, : divestotheground: ) :shrug: :laugh:

1. :sad: about the guitar solo.

2. the rest of what you wrote: :mad: :madspit: :madwife: :angry: :tsk:

arw9797 said:

1. :sad: about the guitar solo.

2. the rest of what you wrote: :mad: :madspit: :madwife: :angry: :tsk:

Sorry. :(

:wink: Like I said, cool that they did it. Just not one of my favorites from Achtung. Now So Cruel or Ultraviolet. :up:

shari schultz said:
well that was a completely unproductive evening (getting stuff done around here wise, that is) It feels much later to me than 10pm. :yawn:
I'm not used to working until 9 pm so it feels much earlier than 11:30 to me, even though I'm really tired. :crazy:

I should go to bed since I REALLY should skate in the morning, since I'm playing hookie in Amish country next week and will miss all possible lesson mornings...

Blue Room said:

:wink: Like I said, cool that they did it. Just not one of my favorites from Achtung. Now So Cruel or Ultraviolet. :up:

So Cruel is ok but not one I'd want to hear live. Ultraviolet maybe. But Love Is Blindness? I would have fainted. Seriously. I never thought I'd hear Electric Co, Zoo Station, Gloria. I know what my reaction was the first time I heard those. Love Is Blindness would be a million times more. That song is all :edge:

even if he skipped the ending solo :grumpy:

Schmeg said:

I'm not used to working until 9 pm so it feels much earlier than 11:30 to me, even though I'm really tired. :crazy:

I should go to bed since I REALLY should skate in the morning, since I'm playing hookie in Amish country next week and will miss all possible lesson mornings...

hookie and Amish are 2 words that don't really go together.......they just sound weird together to me

I am heading over to my nice comfy bed :wave:

Blue Room said:

Oh he just talks like this and acts like that...................

Seriously, I have never thought Acrobat was that great of a song. :shrug: I think it gets alot of hype because its the only Achtung song that wasnt done live at a show.

Seeing Love Is Blindness live didnt do much for me back on Zoo. :shrug: I saw it 8 times and it was Ok. My favorite closers were/are Walk On for Elevation and Bad on Vertigo.

Blue Room said:
Seriously, I have never thought Acrobat was that great of a song. :shrug: I think it gets alot of hype because its the only Achtung song that wasnt done live at a show.

Seeing Love Is Blindness live didnt do much for me back on Zoo. :shrug: I saw it 8 times and it was Ok. My favorite closers were/are Walk On for Elevation and Bad on Vertigo.

Since I'm somewhat of a newbie in terms of U2 fandom (only 6 years :eek: ) I think Acrobat was probably one of the first songs that I really noticed Bono's words. It was at an awkward time in my life and what he was saying just made sense to me.

I only heard Bad once for Vertigo and it wasn't at the end of the show :(

:uhoh: I actually liked the 2nd Vertigo. I never minded it. But 40 was definitely the best closer for me. :love:

Like I said, I'm probably in the minority on Blindness and Acrobat. Alot of fans love those songs. I dont hate them, just nowhere near my favorite U2 songs or even favorites on that album. I used to skip Acrobat when listened to the album all the time in 92. :reject: :ohmy:

Now the Hansa demo version of Acrobat is great. I like Edge's riff better on that.

I also enjoyed the 2nd Vertigo. Although I only saw that done twice.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
I also enjoyed the 2nd Vertigo. Although I only saw that done twice.
2nd Veritgo always kicked more ass than the first.

When Acrobat DOESN'T make me want to cry, that's when I take a break from U2 because I know I'm not really listening anymore. I really love driving really fast at night with it playing at top volume. I still like it even though the Worst Date I Ever Had named it as one of his favorite U2 songs (this is not someone anyone here knows). :lol:

I should be in bed. :uhoh:

Woo hoo, that was fun last night :hyper:.

I seriously woke up with a smile this morning because of it.

Not to worry, that smile was quickly wiped off about an hour into work when a senior tripped and fell outside. Bleeding and ambulances, huzzah! :|

I think she'll be okay though, the paramedics didn't take her to the hospital and her cuts stopped bleeding. The daughter-in-law acted suspicious though - "Was it wet? Was it uneven where she feel?" :| . Um no, it looked like she just tripped on the space between the two slabs in the sidewalk.

Anyway, my day so far, 2.5 hours into work. Huzzah :|

And 2nd Vertigo definitely kicked ass :).

I was GOING to say go ahead and rub it in why don't you but...

kellyahern said:
Woo hoo, that was fun last night :hyper:.

I seriously woke up with a smile this morning because of it.

Not to worry, that smile was quickly wiped off about an hour into work when a senior tripped and fell outside. Bleeding and ambulances, huzzah! :|

I think she'll be okay though, the paramedics didn't take her to the hospital and her cuts stopped bleeding. The daughter-in-law acted suspicious though - "Was it wet? Was it uneven where she feel?" :| . Um no, it looked like she just tripped on the space between the two slabs in the sidewalk.

Anyway, my day so far, 2.5 hours into work. Huzzah :|

And 2nd Vertigo definitely kicked ass :).
:yikes: I hope she's all right...and that her law-suit happy daughter doesn't go after you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom