Walking in A Randooomdumdooomdoooom Wonderland & Into 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor has it that there is a field behind the house........can't see it *fog horn*
Home from church and going back to bed *snore*

It's a little foggy here, too. I'm sure the Indy radio stations are telling people not to drive as I type this, and giving it some sort of a name like Killer Fogz OMG 2008. They don't do fog well here.

Re: Indiana: I was watching Miss America Makeover or whatever that show is after What Not to Wear and before Moving Up on Saturdays, and they were discussing Miss Indiana and how she refuses to change anything. I just about fell off the couch laughing; she is the perfect Miss Indiana if that is true.

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of things I like about Indiana, but there are a few things that drive me absolutely crazy.

Other topics discussed in this thread:

*The dentist is evil. Especially after you have a fight with a cement staircase and the staircase wins and now you have a fake tooth and a crown and the dentist actually prescribes you Valium to take before your visits since you irrationally freak out during a cleaning. :shifty:

*I was kind of pulling for the Redskins because pulling together and going all the way for Sean Taylor would have been a great story, especially after coming back from 13-0 in the first quarter. Oh, well.

*I actually read that thread in EYKIW and my favorite part was, "Everyone knows Bono and Edge don't carry much cash." :huh: Other than the Scotcharoos recipe; I may have to try that.

*I had no idea Bono designed a t-shirt until I looked at the Pictures thread. I am officially way out of the loop.

I must vent for a moment.

I want to smack people who post in Zoo Confessionals, "I have this pain/something is wrong with my voice/my [body part] hurts, what's wrong with me?" GO TO A DOCTOR. All you're going to get out of Zoo F'ing Confessionals is, "I hope you feel better. :hug::pray::heart:" and that is NOT going to make you better. If something is THAT wrong with you that you need to announce it to the entire internet community, you need to discuss it with a medical professional, not a bunch of people who think arguing about Bono's hair and Edge's tipping abilities is a good way to spend time.

Okay, I'm done now. I'm going to make a lovely Pancake Puff brunch.

ETA: Amanda, this is in no way referring to your toothache, as you have actually been to a medical professional and followed his advice, and you are smart enough that as it gets worse, you will go back, not start a ZC "What should I do about my tooth?!" thread. I don't think you'd think that, but I just wanted to make sure. :) And I hope your tooth feels better and that if it needs to be fixed, you don't need to take Valium before going to the dentist like this psychopath typing this post.

Last edited:
I start school tomorrow night, thank god. Two weeks literally feels like 2 months. I'm dying to get back into the swing of things. Unfortnately though, I have tomorrow of from work. So....my normal days don't start until Tuesday. But at least I'll be out of the house tomorrow night to begin my final term. It will be 6 weeks of hell but then it's all over. :love:

^Isn't it funny how we look forward to time off and then after a few days or a week we want the old routine back?

I still have a tough time being off for a week after the 12 plus week extravaganza.........

:hyper: final term, wow that went fast!

Everyone says it's gone by so fast but I really don't feel like it has. Outside of school, yes. During Thanksgiving, I couldn't believe it has been a year since I moved or even around Halloween I could not believe that Hayden was already a year old. But in school, it's been so slow. Each class is 6 weeks so for those 6 weeks my life revolves around getting through just 6 weeks. It's been a lot of 6 weeks! Tomorrow is the chocolate and sugar pulling class. Two weeks of chocolates and then sugar. I can't wait for the sugar stuff but from what I've had to do with chocolate so far I can already tell I'm going to struggle with it. It's not easy stuff to work with :tsk:

Hi kariann :wave: glad you are feeling better

Holy crap, there was a 100 car pile-up in the fog near Madison :shocked:

thunderstorms tomorrow, truly odd weather

Last edited:
The weatherman says it might get into the 60's today :shocked: doesn't he remember this is Buffalo? My brain can't process this. I have no idea what to wear.

One of my friends just sent me the dumbest forward. I always ignore her forwards because they're usually tasteless, more so than most forwards I get. But when I start getting the responses sent to me by other that she sent the forward to, I'm going to open it out of curiosity. It was an email completely bashing Senator Obama. :huh: I have no idea who I'm going to vote for just yet but I can guarantee it won't be for someone on the republican side. So when I get a "bash the democrats" email I just want to murder that girl. We've talked about this for years and years that we don't agree on politics, not to mention the fact that I'm not a politcal debator. It really does not interest me to fight with someone over our views. So we've always agreed to disagree and not mention it again. Anytime she's brought it up, it's always an "I'm right you're wrong" attitude and I can't stand to deal with it. I don't know why she sent this to me. I immediately got a response from her sister agreeing with the email. :mad: I responded to her asking that she never send me anything like that again. I'm sure she'll get all insulted and defensive in her response back to me, even though she's the one that sent the email to begin with. Plus, she'll probably forward it to all of her republican friends and family that do agree with the email. :mad:

I don't believe in religion but right now I want to pray to someone, anyone, anything, that my dad gets the job he's interviewing for. Believe it or not, the place that closed in August 2006, and bought by another dealership, is now hiring for the very position that my dad is an expert in. They couldn't rehire him back last year because the new company had another dealership they closed in order to buy my dad's place. So they just moved their employees from one place to another. But now they have a job open. My dad knows all 3 people in charge. He's talked to 2 of them and they are very interested. Plus, the job opening has been posted for a few weeks. Normally service writer positions get snatched up pretty quickly so that says they either took time off for the holidays (doubtful) or they haven't been able to find anyone qualified. Sometimes they take a newbie just to fill the spot, and pay them a lot less than what they'd have to pay people like my dad with years of experience. The 3rd person that he knows, that would be responsible for the final decision, is someone that my dad said doesn't think ever liked him :scream: So now he needs to convince him why he should hire my dad. Um...those guys would be total fools not to hire my dad back. He worked at this location for 10 years and had an incredible customer following. My dad heard through the grapevine last year that customers were demanding to speak to my dad and find out what dealership he went to (none at the time :() so they could switch their business. I really hope they hire him. They should have done this a year and half ago. He brings in more business than everyone else combined.

Last edited:
I have no idea if I have to go to school early today for a student council meeting or if it's next week. I couldn't go for the last few meetings due to work conflicts. They were ok with it since I appear to be the most senior member on the council at this point :crazy: I seriously can't believe all of the people that were in the room last March, when I joined the council, have all finished school. :yikes: Anyways.....no one I've talked to knows what's up. Getting to school 2 1/2 hours early on the first day of class with nothing to do does not sound like a good time to me but I think I have to. I don't want to miss another meeting if there really is one today. I told WM that I either needed to switch hours for Mondays so I could leave at 3, which is what I had requested in Oct when they hired me but that didn't happen, or I needed the day off. They gave me Mondays off :(

It's kind of nice to have a day off. Maybe I should just pack up my car early and drive out there in real clothes. If there's no meeting at least I won't have to run around town in full uniform.

I need to find something to do with myself now so I can stop spamming randooom with long posts.

:happy:
Our cable is broken AGAIN!
They were supposed to come out today and fix it but no one showed up!
This is not Bright House, with whom we had such issues over the summer! This is AT&T U-Verse!

arw9797 said:
:yikes: :reject: sorry for the long entries. Ignore the 1st one. It's stupid.

It's not, I got just as pissed at Myspace bulletins bashing Hillary and the Democrats. I also don't know who I'm going to vote for, but I am glad I'm not as closed-minded as some people are.

I would like to say some prayers about my dad, too, but not for job-related reasons. :( Things that make me feel silly about complaining about the cable not working, but sometimes when you haven't slept for a few days all you want to do is lie down in front of the TV and those are always the days the cable decides to break.

lynnok said:
The weatherman says it might get into the 60's today :shocked: doesn't he remember this is Buffalo? My brain can't process this. I have no idea what to wear.

We hit a record 68 here! It was wonderful walking to and from my car without freezing my ass off as I did all last week when it got to 28!

Kariann said:
I have rejoined the land of the living finally! The ear infection is still lingering but I feel almost normal again. :dance:

Off to grab some brownies and do some more tutorials while I can.

Welcome back! I think brownies are just what you need right now!

...and now I'm done answering every post here. :D And I was taught how to at least make the cable come on, only to get all wiggly-wavy again, so I will go lie down in front of the TV as I originally wanted!

Happy New Year :wave:

It seems that everytime I come here one of the mini fahs drags me away or I end up having to deal with someone/thing.

How are all of you?

I have missed you all equally (very motherly of me to say that) and look forward to trying to come here at least once a day. That is one of my many resolutions.

Interesting day weather-wise here.
Tornados in January, me-thinks this is not a good thing and does not bode well for the Spring/Summer seasons :happy:
We went from mid-40's to mid 60's in a very short time span and that set all the "fun" off.

BTW I am now a human barometer and I don't consider that a good thing.
Knee/ankle/foot still ache but nowhere as badly (BADLY) as they did over the weekend........Happier than I was.........only time will tell.

Praying your dad gets the job :up:, arw
moment of silence for schmeg's cable........................................*hangs head*

I LOVED being able to go outside without the coat on!

Schmeg said:

I would like to say some prayers about my dad, too, but not for job-related reasons. :( Things that make me feel silly about complaining about the cable not working, but sometimes when you haven't slept for a few days all you want to do is lie down in front of the TV and those are always the days the cable decides to break.

I missed this..................I hope it is nothing too serious. Being so far away from him makes it harder, I bet. :hug:
Prayers to your dad, too.

I understand about the cable thing, I am a believer in escapism, as needed.

Schmeg said:

It's not, I got just as pissed at Myspace bulletins bashing Hillary and the Democrats. I also don't know who I'm going to vote for, but I am glad I'm not as closed-minded as some people are.

As soon as I finish posting this, I go and read two politically-charged bulletins from the same person. :|

shari schultz said:

I missed this..................I hope it is nothing too serious. Being so far away from him makes it harder, I bet. :hug:
Prayers to your dad, too.

I understand about the cable thing, I am a believer in escapism, as needed.

It's pretty serious, but my mom swears up and down everything is fine, and she's the one to know. I still appreciate good thoughts, vibes, prayers...whatever positive energy can be sent his way. Thank you, ladies. :)

AT&T is coming between 6 and 9 pm Saturday. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom