Virus! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
its absolutely unfair but a virus has all of a sudden attacked by computer.....

every time i try to type in a site in the address bar? (is that what they call it?), it always comes up with some bloody search engine which is useless and is a nuisance.....

why is it here and what the hell can i do to fix the bloody thing?

ive tried finding out whats wrong with it , and i found something which might be releated,

In the internet options setting control panel thingo, the defualt web address is a series of numbers and characters and evrytime i try to change it back to my original default web address it always changes back to the series of numbers and figures......so bloddy frustratin!

i dunno what to do about this and i was just wonderin if anyone else got struck down with this bad luck and if they know what can be done to fix it.....

any reply would be very much appreciated........cause its the worst virus thing ever

i've been tackling this problem with 'spyware' for the last week and a half :angry:

beli said:
ABEL, did you ask Marty? Hes pretty knowledgeable when hes not in the shower.

hehe.

nope i haven't asked marty. but i'm not going to worry about it tonite, it's time for me to go to bed. i've been kinda working with the ppl on the dell support forums. i've just been so busy this week i haven't been able to spend much time on it. maybe this weekend.

hmmm yeah ill stick wit aol, but i think i will give aol a call, it hought it would be esay to get rid of, but i cant...thanks all

My comp is completely fucked at the moment. It's obviously a virus but it isn't the sasser worm. Some fucking intrusive breeding file has invaded. It's mostly called "Stop" and shaped like a stop sign.

I get fucking pop-ups constantly.

i have the same problem as intedomine and i have regular dial up service. Ive been battling this problem for 3 months now and no one has been able to help. :sad:

intedomine, is the site address that it takes you to something like res:\\mshp WINDOWS HELP CENTER ???

(off topic yet cool!) i just realised, that it says latest post and it has ABELs name, but it takes you here.

Back
Top Bottom