The Un-Cola Randooooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Man said:

Was it an owner-occupied apartment? Sorry for asking :reject:

I think what you're referring to is a condo. I believe that's different than being a renter and since the person owns it they would be repsonsible for any upgrades unless it had to do with the outside of the building. Then I don't know how that works.

shari schultz said:

The slip and slide!!!!! I had one of those as a munchkin. I slid right off it and got a fun grass burn............good times.:D

The slip and slide is broken. :eyebrow:

Later this evening I will performing emergency surgery with duct tape to repair the slip n slide

Kariann said:
I went through my shoe collection today and I have a whole shopping bag full that I'm getting rid of....I'm kind of proud of myself. :)

Impressive:yes:
Birthday gotten better? I hope it has.

arw9797 said:

I think what you're referring to is a condo. I believe that's different than being a renter and since the person owns it they would be repsonsible for any upgrades unless it had to do with the outside of the building. Then I don't know how that works.

Most condos have strata agreements that allow for emergency entry in the suite. Things like a broken water valve would in most instances qualify as an emergency. Just make sure your emergency contact numbers are upto date so that they can contact you.

fah said:

Most condos have strata agreements that allow for emergency entry in the suite. Things like a broken water valve would in most instances qualify as an emergency. Just make sure your emergency contact numbers are upto date so that they can contact you.

I checked the English dictionary...um...it says owner-occupied flat, in general, and condo (American)...anyway we are speaking about the same, yes.

In this country (Denmark), I don't think you are obliged to hand your key to anyone if you own your house. Not even if it is an apartment. If an emergency happens, they would have to break in.

U2Man said:

I checked the English dictionary...um...it says owner-occupied flat, in general, and condo (American)...anyway we are speaking about the same, yes.

In this country (Denmark), I don't think you are obliged to hand your key to anyone if you own your house. Not even if it is an apartment. If an emergency happens, they would have to break in.

A condo is an apartment/flat in a multi unit building. And if there was an emergency such as a leak, the strata has the right/obligation to enter your suite (by any means) to try and minimize and prevent further damage. It's not criminal if you are entering the suite to perform an emergency repair. An extreme example would be if there was a fire. They don't need your permission to enter the suite to put out the fire.

Kariann said:
My Aunt just called to tell me Happy Birthday and let me know that she forgot to mail my card until Sunday. Someone in my family called me on my day! :happy:

I then went down to get one of my non-chocolate frosted cupcakes.

:applaud:

How many are left ?

:hint:

fah said:

A condo is an apartment/flat in a multi unit building. And if there was an emergency such as a leak, the strata has the right/obligation to enter your suite (by any means) to try and minimize and prevent further damage. It's not criminal if you are entering the suite to perform an emergency repair. An extreme example would be if there was a fire. They don't need your permission to enter the suite to put out the fire.

Well, it's the same here. If there is an emergency they enter by any means, of course. I was just wondering whether you are obliged to hand your key to anyone - because this is not the case here.

Kariann said:
My Aunt just called to tell me Happy Birthday and let me know that she forgot to mail my card until Sunday. Someone in my family called me on my day! :happy:

I then went down to get one of my non-chocolate frosted cupcakes.

Chocolate frosted Bono didn't make it there on time? :sad:

3447386323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A5%3D884%3DXROQDF%3E23238566%3A78%3C4ot1lsi

:sexywink:

I think I've mentioned this before...one of my old coworkers and his rich husband have a townhouse not too far from where I live. The husband just retired after 25+ years as a college professor they live comfortably. They're moving to Iowa to be near family so they need to sell the townhouse. I can't afford to buy it but my mom just suggested asking if they would consider renting it. It's been on the market for over a month and haven't had more than a few people look at it. I would definitely need a roomate and it's a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom place so there would be a lot of privacy. So I just emailed him and asked what they thought of that idea. I would love to do something like that and maybe eventually buy it from them. :sigh: My mom also asked me what I would do with all of my furniture if I moved back home. I've never once mentioned that to them. I swear my mom, sister, and I can read each others minds. :crack: I told her I can't do that and that I've thought about it but the idea just is too hard.

see....I don't need a journal! I have randoooooom.

arw9797 said:
I think I've mentioned this before...one of my old coworkers and his rich husband have a townhouse not too far from where I live. The husband just retired after 25+ years as a college professor they live comfortably. They're moving to Iowa to be near family so they need to sell the townhouse. I can't afford to buy it but my mom just suggested asking if they would consider renting it. It's been on the market for over a month and haven't had more than a few people look at it. I would definitely need a roomate and it's a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom place so there would be a lot of privacy. So I just emailed him and asked what they thought of that idea. I would love to do something like that and maybe eventually buy it from them. :sigh: My mom also asked me what I would do with all of my furniture if I moved back home. I've never once mentioned that to them. I swear my mom, sister, and I can read each others minds. :crack: I told her I can't do that and that I've thought about it but the idea just is too hard.

see....I don't need a journal! I have randoooooom.

That's not a bad idea....too bad Schmeg and I couldnt go in on it with you...that would be too cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom