The Temple Bar - Just 2 stops down the line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UberBeaver said:
The only child syndrome? For example, if you bring condiments to the table, you keep them all horded around you. When you open a door, you go right in without waiting for others do go in first. You have no qualms about just reaching in for the last slice of pizza, no need to offer it to others first.

My father is an only child. He does those things.

Guilty, your honor. :shifty:

Only sometimes, though. I'm not a total brat.

:sexywink:

Now that I think about it...my Mom is an only child and she always eats the last slice of pizza. And the first. And all the other slices, too. Damn you, Mom. DAMN YOU.

I'm ok now.

While we're on the topic....I was a pain in the ass from a talking back standpoint as a kid, due to various authority issues I had.....but, was never the type to get into trouble, etc.

Hi Reg, Trev.

UberBeaver said:

Isn't that just a side effect of living in the BX?

Please refer to it as the Boogie Down or the BDB. Jesus.

Yeah, we sort of learn sarcasm, talking back and knife wielding in pre-school.

Like you were drinking tea and attending polo matches out in Queens or the Island. :)

Oh, and, hi Beav. :)

No spoken words said:

Like you were drinking tea and attending polo matches out in Queens or the Island. :)

Only every other Sunday from May to October, so long as Muffy could drive us in the Rolls (I HATED riding in the Benz, so cramped) and so long as it didn't interfere with my croquet time. I was a busy child.

Who was the Brother like No Other from the Boogie Down Bronx? That wasn't KRS-ONE, was it?

UberBeaver said:

Only every other Sunday from May to October, so long as Muffy could drive us in the Rolls (I HATED riding in the Benz, so cramped) and so long as it didn't interfere with my croquet time. I was a busy child.

Who was the Brother like No Other from the Boogie Down Bronx? That wasn't KRS-ONE, was it?

You know, I'm not 100% sure on that one. Maybe it was Afrika Bambaataa ? Grandmaster Flash? Kool Herc? Just not sure. all I know is that all 4 are from the BDB, like me. What else do we all have in common? We all rock the mic.

VintagePunk said:
Y'know NSW, if perchance you do end up in Chicago, that's not that far from where the Canadian extravaganza will be taking place...

If the likes of me would be welcome at the Canadian extravaganza, I'd attend regardless of where I live. I love to travel, VP, and any excuse to do so is a good one...but, to hang out with some of these folks would be a great excuse. I'd be there in a heartbeat.

No spoken words said:

If the likes of me would be welcome at the Canadian extravaganza, I'd attend regardless of where I live. I love to travel, VP, and any excuse to do so is a good one...but, to hang out with some of these folks would be a great excuse. I'd be there in a heartbeat.

I'm fairly certain that the likes of you would be more than welcome. If they'd let me in, they'd let practically anyone. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom