The Temple Bar ~ Doozer Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:

4 days is not a lot, but, your instincts would tell you if it were a poor fit....so, good sign that you so far love it.

I sort of do what I went to college for. Knew I wanted to work in the sports world, but, did not plan on it being the TV end of things....wanted to work for on the business end for a franchise or a league office, but, what I ended up falling into has worked out well.

Very true! :yes:

I went to university not knowing what I wanted to do, and changed my major about 4 times before finally settling on social work. While my current job doesn't specifically deal with that, I hope to get into it sometime in the future.

No spoken words said:

4 days is not a lot, but, your instincts would tell you if it were a poor fit....so, good sign that you so far love it.

I sort of do what I went to college for. Knew I wanted to work in the sports world, but, did not plan on it being the TV end of things....wanted to work for on the business end for a franchise or a league office, but, what I ended up falling into has worked out well.

I think that it's rare nowadays to actually do what you study in college. I studied Journalism and actually worked in my field for about four years. Now I'm off track, but I love teaching.

I think its great that you get to do what you really want to do.

ThoraSEB said:

Very true! :yes:

I went to university not knowing what I wanted to do, and changed my major about 4 times before finally settling on social work. While my current job doesn't specifically deal with that, I hope to get into it sometime in the future.

I'll never do what I went to school for. I wonder what the rates are for different majors :hmm:

anadgemila said:

I think that it's rare nowadays to actually do what you study in college. I studied Journalism and actually worked in my field for about four years. Now I'm off track, but I love teaching.

I only went for a semester last time (97) and never had a major, so I do plan to get a job in the field I'm studying. Guess that's rare, though, from what I've heard.

I actually wouldn't mind looking into library arts. But I don't think my school covers that.

See, I haven't even taken one class and I'm already changing my mind!

anadgemila said:

I LOVE SUSHI! :love:

Did I mention that I like Sushi... was that on the dinner menu tonight?

I wanted to ask you something, but do not know you very well, so am a little reluctant...but, screw it, you asked about my job...

Do you like Sushi? Just curious.

:)

No spoken words said:

I wanted to ask you something, but do not know you very well, so am a little reluctant...but, screw it, you asked about my job...

Do you like Sushi? Just curious.

:)

Well, I'm not afraid to answer that I do like sushi. Now you know me better. :lol:

Kat, are you going for Sushi tonight?

anadgemila said:

Yo estudi Ingles en el universidad. No lo uso no mas. Mi deniro estuvieron a la basura. Estupido.

Reggie - how can you show your face in here when you have A Flock Of Seagulls showing on LastFM? :tsk:

Haven't had sushi here, and don't plan to :grumpy:

Hello LMPA, Reg, NSW, redkat, ana, RR, Thora, Beav, Zoots, and anyone else I might have missed :wave: Don't know if Zoots is still here, but I can definitely commiserate with you :shifty:

Is it breaktime yet? :sad:

No spoken words said:

I made a choice in college to pursue that which I'd most enjoy, as opposed to that which would be most lucrative. I'm pleased with my decision.

Did you study communications? Did you have, I think his name was Powers? He did sports on Channel 5, and he was a complete dick as a teacher. I think. I dropped the class after the first day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom