The Shiny Happy People...The CSG Worshippers!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends; I mean most singles don't really have b-sides lately so it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get many; we might not even get physical releases of the singles.

Hopefully we get an extra album or EP or something

It depends; I mean most singles don't really have b-sides lately so it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get many; we might not even get physical releases of the singles.

Hopefully we get an extra album or EP or something

That's true. I'd love to hear what didn't make the album, you know? B-sides are so underrated.

I highly doubt we'll get a quick release of something else after this album. I mean we have three remasters in 2009 and probably more in 2010. They might not be in a rush to release something else.

That's true. I'd love to hear what didn't make the album, you know? B-sides are so underrated.

I highly doubt we'll get a quick release of something else after this album. I mean we have three remasters in 2009 and probably more in 2010. They might not be in a rush to release something else.

I love b-sides, I hate so much that they're pretty much dying now

But the remasters barely sell as it is; I'm surprised they're not rushing them all out before the tour, where the older albums actually sell

I love b-sides, I hate so much that they're pretty much dying now

But the remasters barely sell as it is; I'm surprised they're not rushing them all out before the tour, where the older albums actually sell

So do I. Some b-sides are among the best songs for an artist too.

That's a great point. They should sell them at the tour. It seems like only avid fans would buy them in stores but at shows maybe more casual fans would. I really hate the waiting for the remasters. For the first three albums, there were only a handful new tracks. I'd hate to wait for TUF and AB if there are only a few new songs, you know?

On a scale of 5 for how much the remasters were worth waiting for

Boy Remaster *****
October Remaster ***
War Remaster *
The Joshua Tree Remaster *****

Boy had the advantage of having so much old stuff that I just had to love it

October's concert was good

War's was pointless

Have you ever heard Sweetie-Pie?

I agree about Boy. The live tracks for October were great and Saturday Night was a huge plus. War was indeed pointless. How many remixes did we need of NYD and THBAO?

No, I haven't. What album is it from?

Justin just in case you haven't heard some, here's the b-sides I'd recommend from Morrissey

Sister I'm a Poet (Live and studio)
Girl Least Likely To
Jack the Ripper (Studio)
Munich Air Disaster 1958 (Live)
Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice (Live)
Ganglord
A Song From Under the Floorboards (It's a cover but awesome)
Sweetie-Pie (His weirdest song ever)

Justin just in case you haven't heard some, here's the b-sides I'd recommend from Morrissey

Sister I'm a Poet (Live and studio)
Girl Least Likely To
Jack the Ripper (Studio)
Munich Air Disaster 1958 (Live)
Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice (Live)
Ganglord
A Song From Under the Floorboards (It's a cover but awesome)
Sweetie-Pie (His weirdest song ever)

:up: Thanks! I'm going to see what I can find on Youtube.

I agree about Boy. The live tracks for October were great and Saturday Night was a huge plus. War was indeed pointless. How many remixes did we need of NYD and THBAO?

No, I haven't. What album is it from?

Too many, only remixes worth while were NYD (US Mix) and THBAO (Long Mix)

It's a b-side to...I Just Want to See the Boy Happy, I think

John and Cassie, what would you most like from the remasters for TUF and AB? I'm curious. :)

:hmm: I don't know if there's much from the AB sessions that we haven't heard yet/that I'd want to hear. I don't know what hasn't been released from TUF either...

I'd love to see all the b-sides and Wide Awake in America on it and any new tracks if there are some

For AB, I don't know I just hope we get a lot of unreleased tracks

:hmm: I don't know if there's much from the AB sessions that we haven't heard yet/that I'd want to hear. I don't know what hasn't been released from TUF either...

With every remaster, I want unreleased tracks above all else. TUF would be a total surprise in terms of what unreleased songs they'd release. With AB, I'd hope for at least four unreleased songs (same number as The Joshua Tree).

Then after that a concert DVD especially for TUF or Indoor ZooTV. :up:

With every remaster, I want unreleased tracks above all else. TUF would be a total surprise in terms of what unreleased songs they'd release. With AB, I'd hope for at least four unreleased songs (same number as The Joshua Tree).

Then after that a concert DVD especially for TUF or Indoor ZooTV. :up:

:yes: I'd rather have unreleased songs too, but I'm not sure how much there is from AB that wasn't leaked in the Berlin tapes. :shrug:

:lmao: One of my favorite YouTube videos...

I wonder if we do get unreleased songs on The AB Remaster if any will be songs that were cannibalized to become those we already know. Like how Take You Down on the Salome bootleg became Ultraviolet, The Fly and Lady With The Spinning Head or how Desert of Our Love later lead to Still Haven't Found. :hmm:

:yes: I'd rather have unreleased songs too, but I'm not sure how much there is from AB that wasn't leaked in the Berlin tapes. :shrug:

We never did find out what the organ peices Heaven & Hell and Doctor, Doctor were leading to because they are very different compared to Love Is Blindness. Maybe there is a finalized version of She's Gonna Blow Your House Down? :lol: There is this short one minute song on there called Someone that I hope that they came up with something out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom