The Police Tour '07 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:

I will see you there April! :up: I got tickets today as well. Row 5 upper deck right beside the stage on Andy Summers side. I hope they play Tea In The Sahara and Synchronicity I and II.

Very nice! I can't wait, this is going to be my first time seeing them. :hyper:

I was going to be cool either way, if my friend got them or not, but obviously I'm happy she decided to get them. :lol:

I'm still pulling up some great seats for the Hershey show on TM. Because the stadium is so small and has only one level of bleachers, they're putting the $55 seats at the back of the field section rather than in the stands. I just pulled up a 23rd row seat, as well as a $95 one in the second elevated section from the stage, about 10 rows up.

U2FanPeter said:

It was brought up in the "Peel....bills" forum that stadium Edmonton and Toronto #3 went onsale today and still had some unsold tickets by the end of the day.

I just rechecked Toronto and to me it looks like only a couple hundred seats in the balcony behind the stage and some spare seats in the higher price ranges.

Edmonton fans likely bought about 25-30,000 tickets today. Still some OK 225s, but the 60/90 are only available at the far end of the stadium about row 30. As of now it doesn't look like the balcony was opened, whcih should bring capacity to upwards of 45-50,000.

I thought Edm was going to sell clean because the fans in the city obviously aren't saving their money for Oilers playoff tickets. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last non-festival Stadium concert in Alberta was Popmart and Bridges to Babylon. Bigger Bang played Stadiums in Vancouver and Regina with an Arena in Calgary.

u2fp

I think they have hit the saturation level in Canada now. I thought Toronto would sell real quick and they would have added another show by now. There is always the possibility for another show in Toronto, but they may make it the last Canadian date on the tour. Edmonton will obviously just be one show.

There was also some resistence to sellouts in the following markets:

Detroit
Cleveland
Hershey

Not a big surprise really for these three. Hershey is a very small market. Cleveland only received one show from U2 on Vertigo. The second Detroit show was a very slow seller for U2 once it got to behind the stage seating.

Despite all that, The Police still have a shot and breaking the Stones single Calander year gross record. Stadiums could still be added in LA, Oakland and New York, plus Chicago and DC/Baltimore will get stadiums as well.

Then in November/December, they will return to play about 25 Arena shows across North America.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I'm still pulling up some great seats for the Hershey show on TM. Because the stadium is so small and has only one level of bleachers, they're putting the $55 seats at the back of the field section rather than in the stands. I just pulled up a 23rd row seat, as well as a $95 one in the second elevated section from the stage, about 10 rows up.

singles or even doubles are easy to pull up. But where you actually see that they have large blocks of seats still available is when you attempt to pull up 6 seats together.

They do have $55 dollar seats in the stands, sections 1 and 2, and sections 31 and 32 are $55. Right now, if you want 6 together at $55, they only have section 1 in the stands available. Only singles at $55 available on the field.

The field will sellout as will all the remaining $55 dollar tickets. The problem will be section 3 and section 30 in the stands, about 2,000 tickets at the 95$ price which will not go on sale until they finish with field $95 and $95 dollar tickets in sections 4 and 29.

The Capacity for this show is going to be about 33,000, only the Stones and Dave Matthews have played to that many people in Hershey, and Dave Matthews tickets were less than half the price of Police tickets.

Were talking 33,000 tickets in a market of around 500,000. In Philadelphia, the size of the market is 10 times that and they are playing a 45,000 capacity stadium. So, although Hershey is not soldout, they have done very well in that market on a per capita basis.

I wonder what the holdup is with the Chicago dates? Because those dates will determine when the Columbus show is also, I think. If Chicago is 7/5 and 7/6, Columbus will be 7/8. If Chicago is 7/7 and 7/8, Columbus will be 7/5. Just getting anxious to know the Columbus date, since I didn't buy Cleveland tickets to wait for Columbus.

STING2 said:

Detroit
Cleveland
Hershey

Not a big surprise really for these three. Hershey is a very small market. Cleveland only received one show from U2 on Vertigo. The second Detroit show was a very slow seller for U2 once it got to behind the stage seating.

Despite all that, The Police still have a shot and breaking the Stones single Calander year gross record. Stadiums could still be added in LA, Oakland and New York, plus Chicago and DC/Baltimore will get stadiums as well.

Then in November/December, they will return to play about 25 Arena shows across North America.

I can't say I'm all that surprised that Detroit isn't a sellout (yet). The economy here is terrible, there are layoffs everywhere you look and the housing market is a disaster, so concerts aren't exactly everyone's first priority these days.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I can't say I'm all that surprised that Detroit isn't a sellout (yet). The economy here is terrible, there are layoffs everywhere you look and the housing market is a disaster, so concerts aren't exactly everyone's first priority these days.

Well the tickets went on sale yesterday. Not every show will sell out in 20 seconds. Believe me, all Police shows will be sold out well in advance before the show day.

Vancouver rehearsal setlist from www.thepolicetour.com

Next to You
So Lonely
Roxanne
Hole in my Life(title partially blocked by pen in photo)
Can't Stand Losing You

Message in a Bottle
Bring on the Night
Deathwish(Copeland/Summers/Sting)
Walking on the Moon
Bed's Too Big

Don't Stand So Close to Me
Driven to Tears
World is Running Down
De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
Shadows in the Rain

Spirits in the Material World
Everything Little Thing She Does is Magic
Invisible Sun
Demolition Man
One World
Rehumanize Yourself(Copeland/Sting)

Walking in your Footsteps
Synchronicity II
Every Breath You Take
King of Pain
Wrapped Around Your Finger
Tea in the Sahara
Murder By Numbers(Sting/Summers)

Songs arranged in chronological release order grouped by album. All songs Sting compositions except where noted. I think there was also a mention that there would be some sort of poll to add a couple B-sides/rarites.

u2fp

Last edited:
STING2 said:
I think they have hit the saturation level in Canada now. I thought Toronto would sell real quick and they would have added another show by now. There is always the possibility for another show in Toronto, but they may make it the last Canadian date on the tour. Edmonton will obviously just be one show.

I'm wondering how much of the current sales have to with simple demand or whether fans are wondering if they can bring it live in 2007. Especially since they are going the Springsteen route for concert staging and lightshow.

Detroit
Cleveland
Hershey

Hershey is a very small market.

Hershey is having some massive celebration for 100th year of the Chocolate company. I'm sure the city/promoter booked the gig anticipating outside tourists that are not there to specifically see The Police.

u2fp

THE POLICE ANNOUNCE EUROPEAN TOUR!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

The Police Tour Fan Club is happy to announce that The Police have confirmed the first dates for their European Tour which will begin 29 August at the Globe Arena in Stockholm following sold out dates in North America. Concert dates were also confirmed in the UK, Germany, France, Holland, Austria, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Denmark and Switzerland with additional dates and venues to be announced. A combination of outdoor stadiums and indoor arenas will be played. Below, please find a list of the dates along with ThePoliceTour.com members-only presale dates/times and public onsale dates/times.

THE POLICE 2007 EUROPEAN TOUR - PRESALES STARTING THIS WEEK Date City Venue Fan Club Presale Starts Public Onsale
Wed. Aug. 29 STOCKHOLM, SE Globe Arena Wed. Mar. 7 @ 10 am Mon. Mar. 12
Tues. Sept. 4 BIRMINGHAM, GB National Indoor Arena Tues. Mar. 6 @ 10 am Fri. Mar. 9 @ 9 am
Sat. Sept. 8 LONDON, GB Twickenham Stadium Tues. Mar. 6 @ 10 am
Fri. Mar. 9 @ 9 am
Tues. Sept. 11 HAMBURG, DE AOL Arena Tues. Mar. 13 @ 10 am Fri. Mar. 16 @ 9 am
Thur. Sept. 13 AMSTERDAM, NL Arena Tues. Mar. 6 @ 10 am Fri. Mar. 9 @ 10 am
Sun. Sept. 16 PRAGUE, CZ Sazka tba tba
Wed. Sept. 19 VIENNA, AU Stadthalle tba Mon. Mar. 19 @ 9 am
Sat. Sept. 22 MUNICH, DE Olympiastadion Tues. Mar. 13 @ 10 am Fri. Mar. 16 @ 9 am
Thur. Sept. 27 BARCELONA, ES Olympic Stadium tba tba
Sat. Sept. 29 PARIS, FR Stade de France tba Wed. Mar. 21 @ 9 am
Sat. Oct. 13 DUSSELDORF, DE LTU Arena Tues. Mar. 13 @ 10 am Fri. Mar. 16 @ 9 am
Mon. Oct. 15 MANCHESTER, GB MEN Arena Tues. Mar. 6 @ 10 am Fri. Mar. 9 @ 9 am
Fri. Oct. 19 CARDIFF, GB Millenium Stadium Tues. Mar. 6 @ 10 am Fri. Mar. 9 @ 9 am
*Please note that all times are listed as local time
All tour information is subject to change

WOW they are everywhere :ohmy:

Toronto #3 now looks very close to a sell out. Just a handful of very undesirable balcony seats, rear stage and far end.

Edmonton still has some ways to go. I don't think Alberta has ever seen a Stadium concert ticket over $60.

U2FanPeter said:

I'm wondering how much of the current sales have to with simple demand or whether fans are wondering if they can bring it live in 2007. Especially since they are going the Springsteen route for concert staging and lightshow.

Hershey is having some massive celebration for 100th year of the Chocolate company. I'm sure the city/promoter booked the gig anticipating outside tourists that are not there to specifically see The Police.

u2fp

What do you mean by the Springsteen route for concert staging and lightshow?

Hershey Park does not open until summertime, so I don't think the 100th year anniversery and whatever tourist that would bring in has anything to do with scheduling the concert there. The Hershey show is over 80% soldout already. The only ones selling tickets to the Hershey show by summertime will be scalpers. The Stones played there in 2005 and it seems while many artist skip that area, they do get a significant number of artist to go up there.

U2FanPeter said:
Toronto #3 now looks very close to a sell out. Just a handful of very undesirable balcony seats, rear stage and far end.

Edmonton still has some ways to go. I don't think Alberta has ever seen a Stadium concert ticket over $60.

Actually, that is exactly what was available a few hours after it went on sale, which seems to mean its struggling to sell the small amount of remaining tickets. I believe the second Montreal show is soldout, but it did have some initial trouble selling tickets in the upper level behind the stage. At best, I think you'll see one more show in Canada on the 2nd leg.

one4u2 said:
THE POLICE ANNOUNCE EUROPEAN TOUR!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

The Police Tour Fan Club is happy to announce that The Police have confirmed the first dates for their European Tour which will begin 29 August at the Globe Arena in Stockholm following sold out dates in North America. Concert dates were also confirmed in the UK, Germany, France, Holland, Austria, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Denmark and Switzerland with additional dates and venues to be announced. A combination of outdoor stadiums and indoor arenas will be played. Below, please find a list of the dates along with ThePoliceTour.com members-only presale dates/times and public onsale dates/times.

THE POLICE 2007 EUROPEAN TOUR - PRESALES STARTING THIS WEEK Date City Venue Fan Club Presale Starts Public Onsale
Wed. Aug. 29 STOCKHOLM, SE Globe Arena Wed. Mar. 7 @ 10 am Mon. Mar. 12
Tues. Sept. 4 BIRMINGHAM, GB National Indoor Arena Tues. Mar. 6 @ 10 am Fri. Mar. 9 @ 9 am
Sat. Sept. 8 LONDON, GB Twickenham Stadium Tues. Mar. 6 @ 10 am
Fri. Mar. 9 @ 9 am
Tues. Sept. 11 HAMBURG, DE AOL Arena Tues. Mar. 13 @ 10 am Fri. Mar. 16 @ 9 am
Thur. Sept. 13 AMSTERDAM, NL Arena Tues. Mar. 6 @ 10 am Fri. Mar. 9 @ 10 am
Sun. Sept. 16 PRAGUE, CZ Sazka tba tba
Wed. Sept. 19 VIENNA, AU Stadthalle tba Mon. Mar. 19 @ 9 am
Sat. Sept. 22 MUNICH, DE Olympiastadion Tues. Mar. 13 @ 10 am Fri. Mar. 16 @ 9 am
Thur. Sept. 27 BARCELONA, ES Olympic Stadium tba tba
Sat. Sept. 29 PARIS, FR Stade de France tba Wed. Mar. 21 @ 9 am
Sat. Oct. 13 DUSSELDORF, DE LTU Arena Tues. Mar. 13 @ 10 am Fri. Mar. 16 @ 9 am
Mon. Oct. 15 MANCHESTER, GB MEN Arena Tues. Mar. 6 @ 10 am Fri. Mar. 9 @ 9 am
Fri. Oct. 19 CARDIFF, GB Millenium Stadium Tues. Mar. 6 @ 10 am Fri. Mar. 9 @ 9 am
*Please note that all times are listed as local time
All tour information is subject to change

WOW they are everywhere :ohmy:

Very interesting. Considering how Canada was selling, I was not sure if they would go into the stadiums in Europe. But, they have 7 stadiums and 6 arena's booked just to start out. Provided these initial shows sell well, they will likely play about 15 stadiums and 15 arena's for a total of 30 shows, maybe a little more. They should pick up a gross of well over $100 million dollars from Europe if that happens.

I'm not sure if they will be able to overtake the Vertigo Tour total of $389 million or the Bigger Bang total of $440 million, but the Police tour is indeed headed for $300 million plus gross and probably at a minimum the 3rd highest grossing tour of all time.

U2FanPeter said:
Vancouver rehearsal setlist from www.thepolicetour.com

Next to You
So Lonely
Roxanne
Hole in my Life(title partially blocked by pen in photo)
Can't Stand Losing You

Message in a Bottle
Bring on the Night
Deathwish(Copeland/Summers/Sting)
Walking on the Moon
Bed's Too Big

Don't Stand So Close to Me
Driven to Tears
World is Running Down
De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
Shadows in the Rain

Spirits in the Material World
Everything Little Thing She Does is Magic
Invisible Sun
Demolition Man
One World
Rehumanize Yourself(Copeland/Sting)

Walking in your Footsteps
Synchronicity II
Every Breath You Take
King of Pain
Wrapped Around Your Finger
Tea in the Sahara
Murder By Numbers(Sting/Summers)

Songs arranged in chronological release order grouped by album. All songs Sting compositions except where noted. I think there was also a mention that there would be some sort of poll to add a couple B-sides/rarites.

u2fp

Wow, I like the selections they are rehearsing. The only song missing that I would have liked them to play is Synchronicity I. Tea In The Sahara :up: I was hoping that might make it. Will be curious to see how the setlist pacing goes and if they do major shake ups on 2nd nights.

STING2 said:
they have 7 stadiums and 6 arena's booked just to start out. .

In fact they have 8 stadiums and 5 arenas!

Stadiums: London, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Munich, Barcelona, París, Düsseldorf and Cardiff) and 5 arenas (Stockholm, Birmingham, Viena, Prague and Manchester).

Aprox 500,000 tickets.

Vox

Vox02 said:

In fact they have 8 stadiums and 5 arenas!

Stadiums: London, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Munich, Barcelona, París, Düsseldorf and Cardiff) and 5 arenas (Stockholm, Birmingham, Viena, Prague and Manchester).

Aprox 500,000 tickets.

Vox

I wonder if they will play Norway and Finland? The Police have never played those two countries before. Its been a long time since they played Belgium and Portugal and Ireland only get one Police show back in the day.

The Police will be playing Switzerland and Austria for the first time as confirmed in the post.

STING2 said:

I wonder if they will play Norway and Finland? The Police have never played those two countries before. Its been a long time since they played Belgium and Portugal and Ireland only get one Police show back in the day.

The Police will be playing Switzerland and Austria for the first time as confirmed in the post.

There is a room for 1 or maybe 2 concerts in the scandinavian area. Maybe Copenhaguen? Oslo? Helsinki?

Vox

kellyahern said:

Me too. Synchronicity I rocks :rockon: , but they would probably need back up singers for that one I guess.

Yeah but they used back up singers for "Walking In Your Footsteps" on the Synchronicity tour and thats listed. :shrug: I dont think they would have to have back up singers for Synchronicity I really.

I think its more of they dont feel like playing it for whatever reason. :( But like I said, that is my one minor disappointment in what they rehearsed. Maybe they will still play it at some point, it is just a rehearsal list.

My favorite thing on the Synchronicity tour was the massive production! Tree plants on stage! Zoo TV eat your heart out! :lol: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom