The Personality Disorder Test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this good or bad?

Disorder Rating Information
Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: Low
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: Very High
Dependent: High
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

Originally posted by Ana:
I'd be worried if I were you:

Antisocial
A common misconception is that antisocial personality disorder refers to people who have poor social skills. The opposite is often the case. Instead, antisocial personality disorder is characterized by a lack of conscience. People with this disorder are prone to criminal behavior, believing that their victims are weak and deserving of being taken advantage of. They tend to lie and steal. Often, they are careless with money and take action without thinking about consequences. They are often agressive and are much more concerned with their own needs than the needs of others.

icon38.gif

Lies...they're all lies...wait..lol ok so i do lie but who doesn't and the stealing??!? NEVER...alright...once from this store but i didn't even realize it...yea i got a tiny clepto side to me. LMAO i used to borrow stuff when i'd visit ppl in the hospital..mainly those rubber gloves *evil grin* ah who cares. i'm not antisocal... i'm different ;p

First of all, that test is complete crap and bullshit. If anyone here actually believes any of their results then you are foolish. That is NOT how one does psychological assesment.

It actually irks me that someone would put such a crap test up like that. Because tests like that put ideas into people's heads, and if someone is actually concerned that they might have a disorder, this test is just gonna screw them up even more.

Not to mention the fact that EVERYONE has traits from many disorders. It is more how those traits affect your life.

Christ, the questions all had the word "often"...how do YOU define often? Complete and utter rubbish...

*end of rant*

popkid steps of podium...

that being said, and mind you, being a therapist in training who has been through therapy and knows a little about myself...here are my results...with some comments.

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate - I find this very very odd. I'm occasionally insecure, but paranoid, no. You wanna know what paranoid is, watch A Beautiful Mind.
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Moderate - I have difficulty concentrating...idiots, it's 'cause I suffer from dysthymia....I'm about as schizotypal and my wall...ok, I am a little bit wierd, but once again, it's on a continuum...and to be schizotypal you gotta be a lot farther along....
Antisocial: Moderate - Yeah, I broke the law a number of times as a kid. Once again, that doesn't mean I have Antisocial Disorder...Jesus am I gonna have to break out DSM-IV for these people??????
Borderline: Low
Narcissistic: Moderate - This really makes me laugh...
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low

Ack...the more I think about this test the more it bugs me. If it accurately measured these disorders that would be fine, but my god is it fucked up. I'm gonna do some searching and try and find a good online assessment test so that y'all don't think I'm completely nuts for this rant.

low in everything except moderate in Avoidant and Obsessive-Compulsive.
The way I see it, you're weird if you're not at least half crazy
biggrin.gif
(if that makes any sense)

------------------
look at the moon t-t-t-t-t when a horse runs through dark waters then the pig has no legs.

?*~darkcloud~*?

Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

This test is too general questions-wise. I really think that you should never self-diagnose yourself on tests like these, because you'll just end up a hypochondriac. What you may define as "antisocial," the medical term may be totally different. Consult a medical professional if you are really concerned about your mental health.

With that, just take this test in stride.
smile.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Rating Information
Paranoid: Low click for info
Schizotypal: Low
Borderline: Moderate
Avoidant: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive:

Dependent
Dependent personality disorder is characterized by a need to be taken care of. People with this disorder tend to cling to people and
fear losing them. They may become suicidal when a break-up is imminent. They tend to let others make important decisions for them
and often jump from relationship to relationship. They often remain in abusive relationships. They are overly sensitive to disapproval.
They often feel helpless and depressed.

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

There's only room for one and here she comes, here she comes...

I'm not too interesting either...
biggrin.gif

But I have 6 anxiety symptoms in the test popkid provided!!
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom