The Office.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When my company had a merger, the incoming folks brought their boss with them and he thought he could just come in and run things his way. Yeah, right. David Brent, my (former) boss certainly laid down the law right quick, showed him who's boss. The new boss had some silly charity event, raising money for kids with flipper hands or some such nonsense, and David Brent did a dance that totally blew the competition to all hell. Showed those new people who was boss.

I loved this episode, and will probably watch it again this week-end. It had the holy trinity of Office moments: Funny, cringe-worthy, and heartbreaking. It’s amazing how many bits of business the writers and actors can pack so much in such a short show.

I laughed my ass over “Lazy Scranton” and when Kelly updated Jim on the “Celebrity Breeding Olympics.” Um, Kelly. Jim was in Stamford, CT. He was not under a rock. And I loved the exchange between Stanley and the new black guy. Stanley’s eye roll was so funny! That would make a great avatar.

I cringed over most of the things Michael did when dealing with the new people. Old School Scranton-eers are used to Michael’s antics, but the new people were like, “Who is this buffoon?” I love Michael, and I know he means well, he just executes his actions so poorly.

And of course, my heart broke when Jim told Pam he was kind of seeing someone. Did you see her face fall? And did you notice how she kind of saved face by acting like she was okay with him seeing someone else? And Jim’s face fell, too, once he realized that Pam wasn’t “upset” with him dating a new woman. Damn, these two characters really get to me. I was crying at the end. I think because their relationship is so familiar to me.

I laughed so hard at last night's episode and thought that the really awkward moments were nearly as good some of the most stomach-churning episodes from the British original (and that show managed to launch awkward to new heights).

Poor Pam, though. And Toby with his fist-pounding thing? Awesomely awkward. And how cool is it that John Krasinski is one of People's Sexiest Men Alive?

"Wow, you're really exotic looking, was your dad a G.I. ?" Priceless Michael Scott idiocy.

Of course I'm rooting for Jim and Pam to get together-which I think they eventually will-but he and Karen are good together too. They've made her likeable enough that you feel for both her and Pam. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Also, Creed putting the nursing mother's boob on his computer, I love Creed.:rockon:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
The Jim and Pam stuff broke my heart. :sigh:

There is something heartbreaking about the Jim and Pam stuff. It will be interesting to see how the writers move forward with their relationship. They've been very smart with it so far. At this point, Pam has become pathetic in a way. Right now, she's stuck behind the front desk with no place to go. She was going to marry the loser wherehouse guy. She had a great thing going with Jim who told her that he was in love with her. She couldn't communicate her true feelings and for now, he's moved on.

Brutal. But in reality, the upwardly mobile guy gets bored of the directionless and unevolved receptionist girl. Pam needs to work on Pam. I would guess that will happen before the writers bring this relationship full circle.

This thread is starting to make me feel like I'm reading fanfic. I hope Jim doesn't turn up and start having in-forum sex with Pam. :wink:

I really loved last night's episode. Love the Dwight/Andy rivalry! Slightly bitter that Jim's seeing Karen (that's what we're supposed to assume by "someone", right?). But glad they didn't pan away to Pam sobbing in her car.

Westport said:

There is something heartbreaking about the Jim and Pam stuff. It will be interesting to see how the writers move forward with their relationship. They've been very smart with it so far. At this point, Pam has become pathetic in a way. Right now, she's stuck behind the front desk with no place to go. She was going to marry the loser wherehouse guy. She had a great thing going with Jim who told her that he was in love with her. She couldn't communicate her true feelings and for now, he's moved on.

Brutal. But in reality, the upwardly mobile guy gets bored of the directionless and unevolved receptionist girl. Pam needs to work on Pam. I would guess that will happen before the writers bring this relationship full circle.

But Pam is no longer directionless and unevolved. She broke up with Roy, a man she had been with since high school. She got her own place. And let's not forget, she's taking art classes. These are big steps for someone like Pam, and I am hugely proud of her.

And if Jim (who is coming across like a total "company man") decides to be with the perfect alpha girl, Karen, so be it. Perhaps Pam can hook up with some really hot guy in her art classes.

I just saw the episode....and...I FEEL SO BAD FOR PAM!!!
I had been rooting for pam and jim since the beginning and I felt horrible when jim told her that he was seeing someone. I really want to believe that jim and pam have a future together but i don't think so...it seems too predictable.

Great episode!

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
This thread is starting to make me feel like I'm reading fanfic. I hope Jim doesn't turn up and start having in-forum sex with Pam. :wink:
Holy shit that's hilarious :lol:

The series is on a slow decline, this season, at least from my viewpoint. This episode had standout moments, but when you have this many characters to handle in a series, things start to get a bit muddled.

The storyline somewhat parallels the English version, I felt the same way as you do now, but they were able to overcome that and in many ways improve the story. I think this version has smart enough writers (so far anyway) to be able to get through it.

It's intentionally uncomfortable at times. That's needed to give the show it's feel.

Golightly Grrl said:

But Pam is no longer directionless and unevolved. She broke up with Roy, a man she had been with since high school. She got her own place. And let's not forget, she's taking art classes. These are big steps for someone like Pam, and I am hugely proud of her.

And if Jim (who is coming across like a total "company man") decides to be with the perfect alpha girl, Karen, so be it. Perhaps Pam can hook up with some really hot guy in her art classes.

She's still too passive and she did wonder what time it was where Jim had moved to....cute but hello, is there anybody home? Jim risked everything and confessed his love to her....she should have taken a roadtrip in her little Saturn Ion and jumped Jim's bones months ago.

For all we know, Karen is the whole package. She'll probably turn into a knife wielding psycho but it will take a while for that to come out.

But I think you're right - Pam starts banging the naked art class guy.:lol:

Jim and Pam won't hook up until season six.

I love this show, but I definitely think the merging of the branches was introduced too early.

Maybe it will develop into some better comedy, more Dwight vs. Andy action for example, we'll just have to wait and see.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I love this show, but I definitely think the merging of the branches was introduced too early.

Completely agree. I'm not sure why they did this... In another age they would have spun-off the other office as it's own show....but in these times the ratings just aren't there. It is very sad how reality-based television is killing the creative end of the tv business.
:madspit:

Westport said:

She's still too passive and she did wonder what time it was where Jim had moved to....cute but hello, is there anybody home? Jim risked everything and confessed his love to her....she should have taken a roadtrip in her little Saturn Ion and jumped Jim's bones months ago.

For all we know, Karen is the whole package. She'll probably turn into a knife wielding psycho but it will take a while for that to come out.

But I think you're right - Pam starts banging the naked art class guy.:lol:

Jim and Pam won't hook up until season six.

Yea, I'm all for Pam banging the naked art class guy. This can play very well off camera, but Pam can allude to it at the office making Jim all squirmy. And I can imagine the comments Michael would come up with. Then Mr. Art Class Naked Boy comes to pick up Pam for a date. He's very sexy in a smoldering way. The comedic possibilities are endless!:wink:

Westport said:

Completely agree. I'm not sure why they did this... In another age they would have spun-off the other office as it's own show....but in these times the ratings just aren't there. It is very sad how reality-based television is killing the creative end of the tv business.
:madspit:

But without reality tv, shows like The Office would not exist.

:huh:

And The Office makes most of it its money and success off of iTunes and online hits.

There's lots of bickering over whether U2 needs a new director for their live shows. I think I know who should do it.

GREATSCOTTFILMS.jpg

This episode tonight is the Ricky Gervais/Stephen Merchant penned one.

And it's easily the best episode of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom