The Octagon Bar-The rum's not gone here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I've done my bit off Amazon.com :wink:

Including a book with the description
A wild, funny tale. Crazy mathematicians compete for the love of two women across space, time and logic.

Berkeley grad students Bela Kis and Paul Bridge have discovered the mathematical underpinnings of ultimate reality. But then they begin fighting over the beguiling video-blogger, Alma Ziff.

First Bela gets Alma’s interest by starting the wildest rock band ever. But then Paul undertakes the ultimate computer hack: altering reality to make Alma his. The change brings more than he bargained for: Alma is swept away into a higher world of mathematician cockroaches and cone shells bent upon using our world as an experimental set-up for deciding an arcane point of metamathematics.

It’s up to Bela to bring Alma back, repair reality, stop the aliens, and, most important of all, discover the true meaning of love.
:ohmy:

Along with another two of those Vienna Series in Theoretical Biology books, The Encycopedia of Volcanos and a book on delivering great speeches.

:wave:

Just wanted to wish all the patrons - new as old - a very Happy New Year! :D

Hope to see a lot of you walking in through this door and have a great time in the bar in the coming year...

DSC01382.jpg

:sexywink:

Hey things are looking up, I picked out my Marine Biology subject "Investigations into the infauna of sediments" for the field trip and the 1/8 chance worked out that Lara is in the same group (she's been going around the world since just after the concert; probably in Dubai about now), :up:

I'm here now, spent the night with my best friend watching 24, Live8, ZooTV, and the ball drop, plus playing a little Nintnedo Wii, and we went out to dinner before hand.

Hoping 2007 brings you all someone "special" that you've been looking for, health, and prosperity...:)

Thanks Techie, and same to you :wave:

I decided to ditch watching the ball (too much pomp and circumstance for my taste) so in the 5 min leading up to midnight I listened to Streets from Slane Castle and at midnight I naturally put it on New Years Day. :rockon:

Nice!

I personally love ceremony. I don't know why, but long speeches, ritual, all seems very ordered and beautiful to me. I really wish I could go to DC to see the new Congress sworn in...Oh well I'm going up to Boston to see Deval Patrick, the new governor, get sworn in...:)

Ah I love the holidays; so far I have had some 16 hours work at double time and a half :drool: by working Boxing Day and New Years Day.

Just finished the basin and range series of books; great read - a road trip across America through the road cuttings showing off the geological history; really pulls together the disparate threads nicely.

One day if I had enough money, free time, and a few good friends up for it I'd love to do a road trip across the country.

Though actually I'd rather backpack through Europe :p

U2democrat said:
Though actually I'd rather backpack through Europe :p

Demmy in Europe! :hyper:

You'd have to get your timing right though, and combine it with the next U2 tour - now that would be something! :D:up: Thinking about it, I might even have to join you! :ohmy: :wink:

New phone :D

I finally got a Motorola V3 RAZR; it looks so shiny and good :drool:

Oh and Laura; Drive in Saturday playing on the iPod right now :sexywink:

U2democrat said:
Sounds like a plan :hyper::rockon:

Indeed it does... I'm already starting to get all :hyper: about the next tour, less than 2 months after the last one ended - I don't know if that is healthy! :lol:

The Lost Art of the Great Speech: How to Write One--How to Deliver It

coupled with the following

George Gaylord Simpson
The Scientific American Book of Dinosaurs
Paleontological Events
Paleobiology
Life: A Natural History of the First Four Billion Years of Life on Earth
The Elements of Palaeontology
The Rejection of Continental Drift
Arthropod Fossils and Phylogeny
Evolution of Communication Systems
Encyclopedia of Volcanoes
From So Simple a Beginning: Darwin's Four Great Books
Mass Extinctions and their Aftermath
Mathematicians in Love
Narrow Roads of Gene Land, Volume 2: Evolution of Sex

:nerd:

Last edited:
And who could resist a hardcover edition of Genetics, Paleontology, and Macroevolution :wink:

This is the ultimate way to deal; divide time between earning money and studying obsessively.

Welp I couldn't find the book on the lost art of the great speech at Borders, but I picked up a copy of Rober's Rules of Order Newly Revised 10th Edition, and don't think of an elephant.

Oh and :heart:

I just found the perfect match, this Reuben Sandwich is awesome :drool:

Corned Beef, Swiss Cheese, Thousand Island, Mayonnaise, Sauerkraut.

Techie2000 said:
Welp I couldn't find the book on the lost art of the great speech at Borders, but I picked up a copy of Rober's Rules of Order Newly Revised 10th Edition, and don't think of an elephant.

:up:

I'll be taking public speaking this coming semester and I'm very excited about it :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom