The Octagon Bar that is also a castle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that would be funny....if they wore that, I'd forgive them for the last few days

Knight.jpg

If we have a dragon in this castle, then we better get a knight:yes:

if people are in a castle mood then can i share my favourite castle here in Scotland, not far from my home town.

Eilean Donan
eilean-donan-castle-night-19.2.jpg

i never tire of visiting that place. incidentally it was used in the movie Highlander if you recognise it.

just been to the local store to get some stuff and look what I found on the front of Scotland's most popular newspaper:

23596u2Record-med.jpg

I know Rebekah...."6 free football stickers", pretty shocking!!

ewen said:
if people are in a castle mood then can i share my favourite castle here in Scotland, not far from my home town.

Eilean Donan
eilean-donan-castle-night-19.2.jpg

i never tire of visiting that place. incidentally it was used in the movie Highlander if you recognise it.

And Monty Python's "The Holy Grail"! :applaud:

I've been past it on holiday with my folks :)

ewen said:
just been to the local store to get some stuff and look what I found on the front of Scotland's most popular newspaper:

23596u2Record-med.jpg

are we really surprised?

i just think it's funny that on the page inside the newspaper that the article is next to a compensation advertisement. lol

23596u2Record2-med.jpg

okay, enough of the depressing news - other than they deserve that press.

ewen said:
i just think it's funny that on the page inside the newspaper that the article is next to a compensation advertisement. lol

didnt notice that :lol:

**Pulls up a chair next to Digsy**

What's your poison? :wink:

I'm going to meet up with some friends this evening at an Alpha course launch-event do-type-thingy at my Students Union :)

Probably just another excuse for people to get :drunk: ! :D

I'm wondering whether I ought to take a tambourine along or something so I fit in? :hmm: :lol:

Hey Verte:wave:

Are you over your virus?

Castles are known to be draughty. You wouldn't want to get sick again:lol:

havent got teh book yet... i'll hang tight a bit longer though....

my poison - gonna be a jack daniesl on the rocks today please... only if you're buying of course :wink:

I had a dream about the presale last night.

I dreamt that I slept through the first hour or so, then when I got on I mistakenly bought every single GA ticket there was and couldn't return them, so I got chased down by an angry mob of thousands of U2 fans for the rest of the dream.

:yikes:

Hello gang :wave:

:scratch: Hey, since we're in a castle, and us guys are in full armor, are the ladies in full renaissance gear? Like the gravity defying bustier? :drool: Just don't push them so high that they spill out and over the sides :tsk:

Last time I was at a Renaissance Festival a few of the more *ahem* flabby ones pushed them so far up, they were spilling into the fabric and it looked *er* unnatural, or just gross :madspit: It was like looking at a car accident.

And then they had these girls in chain mail bikinis which was distracting at best, but mostly it just made me wonder if their torso would now smell like metal :yuck:

I'm of the school where women should smell nice :cute: and not look like medieval sluts. :shame:

Bar wenches are great though! :up:

digsy said:
havent got teh book yet... i'll hang tight a bit longer though....

I sent another friend a parcel at the same time (also in the UK) and he got it two days ago!

*Wanders off thinking, "I hope I wrote the correct addresss":huh: *

starsforu2 said:
:

:scratch: Hey, since we're in a castle, and us guys are in full armor, are the ladies in full renaissance gear? Like the gravity defying bustier? :drool: Just don't push them so high that they spill out and over the sides :tsk:

Bar wenches are great though! :up:

:hmm: Love bustiers...

:up: Bar wenches

Tania said:

I sent another friend a parcel at the same time (also in the UK) and he got it two days ago!

*Wanders off thinking, "I hope I wrote the correct addresss":huh: *

i'll double check all my mail when i get home adn speak to my room mates - maybe one of them has picked it up by mistake???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom