The National

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of "stereotypically indietastic" and the Decemberists, I was taken aback at the Fruit Bats gig Wednesday about how the main dude is completely in the Gibbard/Meloy mold.

3506506510_407acef442.jpg

222069847_e99a149985.jpg

I almost requested "Red Right Ankle" for fuck's sake.

You hear that, LM? You mark that album a 9.0 or you are entering a world of pain. A world ... of pain.

I'm finishing my coffee. I'm staying.

Speaking of "stereotypically indietastic" and the Decemberists, I was taken aback at the Fruit Bats gig Wednesday about how the main dude is completely in the Gibbard/Meloy mold.

3506506510_407acef442.jpg

222069847_e99a149985.jpg

I almost requested "Red Right Ankle" for fuck's sake.

The worst part is those guy nab girls like Zooey and THE NAT! like it's nothing. I almost want to get some skinny jeans, a v-neck, a weathered vest, and a bowler hat and see how I do.

Because they don't do anything on that record I haven't heard in 500 others of the "genre". Boxer has a more unique feel, which is why I prefer it.

I totally disagree and think it's a very unique mixture of sounds, with one of the most original drummers I've heard in a band. And Alligator is much stronger song-wise than Boxer, even if Boxer's a little more consistent sonically.

with one of the most original drummers I've heard in a band

This I can agree with. The Geese Of Beverly Road has one of the most badass drum sounds I've heard in a while, and, outside of Alligator, Bryan Devendorf completely dominates Mistaken For Strangers.

Isn't the new album coming out early next year?

Also, that Runaway song was fucking good, better than at least half of Boxer.

Hey, friends. how's it goin. guess what?

i'm seeing these dudes live next saturday.

No kidding? :shocked: :wink:

They're fantastic live. I was introduced to them that way, back when they were opening for Arcade Fire. Hearing Fake Empire, Start A War, Apartment Story for the first time in that setting...amazing.

My friend actually dropped Michelle's "my point-of-view is so much different than yours" line in class one day to the teacher in context. I was fucking dying.

So Alligator is considered a better album than Boxer, yes? I dig "All the Wine" a great, great deal, and I'm a hot piece of ass.

The best thing about Alligator? No songs clock in at over five minutes.

Because I HAVEN'T GOT FIVE FUCKING MINUTES.

Wait.

Wait.

You haven't heard it?

The atomic bomb I'm sitting on just went off.

Back
Top Bottom