The 2008 NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interception, game over.

Tarvaris Jackson doesn't impress me. And whoever it was earlier that said that Kornheiser is terrible in the booth...you are correct.

Ohhhhhhh, and now I have to listen to Ditka and two guys that normally host a radio show. Not a fucking professional event broadcaster in sight. Nice respect for your viewers, Bristol.

Fuck I fucking hate them.

After week one, the two biggest things that have hit me are...

1. I still dislike Brett Favre a lot
2. I think I'll watch to Monday Night Football on mute

I do not relate to #1, but #2 is the smartest thing you can do. The shame of it is that Jaworski, for me, is a great analyst. Does not talk too much, teaches you something, etc. Tirico is meh and Kornheiser simply belongs elsewhere.

I really will stop ranting now, sorry all.

Greenberg, Golic, and Ditka?

Did ESPN lose a bet or something?

Also, I have to admit I've always liked the classic silver and black Raiders uniforms. They're cool lookin. I don't like much else about the franchise, though.

Also, have no fear Patriots fans. I have just discovered a piece of news that all but assures me that Matt Cassel will have a great season...

Minor League Baseball: Stats: Player

His younger brother is in the White Sox organization!!! A pitcher for the Double A Birmingham Barons! You guys will be fine now.

I do not relate to #1, but #2 is the smartest thing you can do. The shame of it is that Jaworski, for me, is a great analyst. Does not talk too much, teaches you something, etc. Tirico is meh and Kornheiser simply belongs elsewhere.

i stopped watching after half time when kornheiser and tirico both claimed that the packers should do the stupid thing with 10 seconds left and take one more shot at the endzone, while jaws claimed they should do the smart football play, take the points, kick the field goal... and the field goal gets blocked, 'causing a bunch of "told ya so's" from kornheiser and tirico. just because the smart play didn't work doesn't mean it stil wasn't the right play, and just because the stupid play works doesn't mean it was a wise decision.

Agreed. Jaworski is probably my favorite analyst on ESPN (yeah, Eagles connections, whatever, he's good), but after him there's nothing.

I like Jaws. Korndog blows. He blew worse on the radio though, so there's that.

So apparently the NFL is telling Chad Ochocinco (yes, it's one word) that he can't have his last name Ochocinco on his jersey unless he agrees to buy up all the old "Johnson 85" jerseys so the league doesn't lose coin. This is a blurb I just caught on ESPN. Now, I think Chad is an attention whore and the whole name change thing is incredibly obnoxious, but for the league to make him pay them is pretty screwy. What if the Bungles had traded him somewhere, would that cheapskate franchise have to pay for the jerseys? Lame, lame, lame.

So apparently the NFL is telling Chad Ochocinco (yes, it's one word) that he can't have his last name Ochocinco on his jersey unless he agrees to buy up all the old "Johnson 85" jerseys so the league doesn't lose coin. This is a blurb I just caught on ESPN. Now, I think Chad is an attention whore and the whole name change thing is incredibly obnoxious, but for the league to make him pay them is pretty screwy. What if the Bungles had traded him somewhere, would that cheapskate franchise have to pay for the jerseys? Lame, lame, lame.

The league is being pressured by Reebok who makes the jerseys. I sort of see both sides of it. Changing his name so close to the season means you have thousands of jerseys that can't be sold. Think of the cost of all that material and the pay for workers. On the other side, Brett Favre Jets jerseys seemed to come out pretty quickly with no complaint.

It's a shame that Jaws is wasting away with these two idiots in the booth.

I think across the board you see terrible people covering football. NFL Network is the worst. Jamie Dukes, Rod Woodson and Terrell Davis are cringe worthy. I also have to mention Shaun King, Kordell Stewart, Jamal Andersen and others on ESPN First Take. Yeah, I want some analysis from people that never showed a real grasp of the game. :down:

I like Jaws. Korndog blows. He blew worse on the radio though, so there's that.

they'd sell sooooo many Ochocinco jerseys that they should just donate them to a third world nation and write it off... sell 'em at a discount, do whatever. i don't buy the reebok pressure. i think it's the No Fun League using reebok as a way to counter act the legality of what chad did. like ya said... no one has to buy unsold jerseys when a trade is made.

i mean really... 4.8 mill? gimmie a break... it costs 'em like 5 bucks (if that) in some vietnamese sweatshop to make those suckers... so they're telling me there's 960,000 unsold chad johnson jerseys just laying around? somehow i doubt that.

like ya said... no one has to buy unsold jerseys when a trade is made.

You see traded, retired, departed for more ca$h players' jerseys on clearance all the time, why should this be any different? Sell the "Johnson" shirts at half price (which would still include profit to be sure), and the "OchocincocauseI'maflake" shirts at full price. The Johnson ones will sell, plenty of folks would like to save $50-$60 on an official replica shirt.

i'd much rather beat the patriots with tom brady at QB than with andrew cassels at QB.

Exactly. The victory isn't as satisfying if the team isn't at their best.

So, that Colts game was disappointing. Hopefully we'll get into more of a groove as the season goes on. I was impressed by the Bears and not so impressed by our defense. There were some dropped passes we could have used too. Peyton was a bit rusty but not as much as I expected, honestly. Peyton is not why we lost.

I didn't see the Vikes game unfortunately...or perhaps fortunately. Oh well.

At least one of my two teams will win a game next week :wink: and I'll be there :hyper:

League and CBS can't be happy about arguably its biggest offensive star and one of its biggest defensive stars both on IR after week 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom