Shuttlecock XXI: Choking the Listeners With Our Good Time Smell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They being Scumbo? Maybe when I give his Chicago ticket to someone else he'll start being nicer. You never know.

I just made illusions to you coming back as Eurotrash, which your new pals Fritz and Dominique have confirmed is true. Don't forget, I have your ticket to the second Chicago show, so any give aways would only hurt yourself. Then again, i still haven't purchased a plane ticket or scheduled accommodations for the trip anyways, so I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to completely cancel at this point. I'm still sadly not 100% sure if I will even be able to go work wise, which I've been avoiding bringing up, but yeah, there's that.

Plus, this forum has made me a completely insufferable self-loathing bastard lately, which it always seems to do (hence my normal "post for a year or two, leave for a year or two" streaks of being here), so I have a feeling that by September everyone going to Chicago will hate my guts and ask me to not come anyways.

No Spoken Words!

Hey man. Good to see ya. I wonder how closely you were following MLB when you were in Europe. Because it's been one hell of an entertaining first half of baseball. Sox and Yanks have yet to clash, which means there will be plenty of that going on in the near future.

Anyways, I speak for the forum when I say that we are happy to have you back. Sounds like you had a good time at the concerts. I've just come back from an evening (in America) that most likely eclipsed any and everything you did overseas, but it's all good.

So, did you wear the mask?? :hyper::hyper:

Did someone already ask this? I'm too lazy to go back and read.

Hell no and no.

Pokey, I had no idea you were lurking around again!
welcome back :hug:

Thanks, Brighty. Since I just returned a few hours before this post, it's understandable how you'd not know I was back. Hope you're well.

Welcome back Mike.

Thank you, Carlos.

I just made illusions to you coming back as Eurotrash, which your new pals Fritz and Dominique have confirmed is true. Don't forget, I have your ticket to the second Chicago show, so any give aways would only hurt yourself. Then again, i still haven't purchased a plane ticket or scheduled accommodations for the trip anyways, so I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to completely cancel at this point. I'm still sadly not 100% sure if I will even be able to go work wise, which I've been avoiding bringing up, but yeah, there's that.

Plus, this forum has made me a completely insufferable self-loathing bastard lately, which it always seems to do (hence my normal "post for a year or two, leave for a year or two" streaks of being here), so I have a feeling that by September everyone going to Chicago will hate my guts and ask me to not come anyways.

Well, for your sake if nothing else, I hope you're able to attend the shows. I'll buy the 2 tickets from you for the Sunday shows if necessary, but hopefully you will stop being a fucking pansy and just attend.

Oh hey nsw is back. :slant:

Yes. Yes I am.

No Spoken Words!

Hey man. Good to see ya. I wonder how closely you were following MLB when you were in Europe. Because it's been one hell of an entertaining first half of baseball. Sox and Yanks have yet to clash, which means there will be plenty of that going on in the near future.

Anyways, I speak for the forum when I say that we are happy to have you back. Sounds like you had a good time at the concerts. I've just come back from an evening (in America) that most likely eclipsed any and everything you did overseas, but it's all good.

GAF, you fuck, good to see you as well. I would check boxscores now and then, but, did not know too much beyond that. I was supposed to attend all 4 Yanks-Sox games here in Chicago at the end of the month, but I will now be visiting my new born nieces that weekend, so, I'll be at the Thursday game only now.

I hesitate to ask about your evening, but yeah, my trip was awesome.

you missed all the drama :drool:

The 'Cock Force was broken and different factions emerged afterward... trying times I tell you... I witnessed many things a grown man should never have to see... My wife and children were taken in the night.

you missed all the drama :drool:

The 'Cock Force was broken and different factions emerged afterward... trying times I tell you... I witnessed many things a grown man should never have to see... My wife and children were taken in the night.

The HISTORIAN has given me sporadic interference updates, so I was told about the Cock Force split. Sad times.

Seems like I just missed a suspension lately, too. Shocking development, mon.

sweet, I downloaded the bootleg for the first Milan show, it sounds really good for an audience recording.

I'm assuming you were in different seating locations for most shows, where's the best spot to see the show?

GA 3 times, douche bag seats 3 times. The stadium configurations are different, so, some stadiums have better "best places" to see a show. GA-wise, to me, the best place is either in the back of the inner circle, or the rail on the outside circle....the rail in the inner circle is not that great due to the height of the stage...you wind up not being to see everyone, just whoever is in front of you......

shit I didn't realize you did GA, I thought you were douchebag all the way :wink:

What was the GA experience like over there?

I only did full GA for the first show. Got to the line around 6:30am, and it was really hot out. It was a really long day, but, it was worth it...made some friends from around the globe while waiting, which was nice. For the other 2 shows, I got there not long before the show started.....for Italy, still would up with a great vantage point....for Paris, ended up in the back which was not great, but by then I did not care as I was completely exhausted from the trip.

So I'm getting on a plane at noon tomorrow to go to a cousin's wedding in Denver. Good lord, has this been an interesting morning. I haven't packed a single thing. I will be there for 6 days, 5 nights. Instead of getting all my shit together, I am nursing a hangover, listening to really shitty music, contemplating the plight of Severus Snape, and fiddling around on the guitar. I am a fucking waste of space.

But, the trip should be a blast. A little golf, a little bachelor party, a Rockies game, seeing relatives I haven't seen in a loooooong time. And the actual wedding of course. Which will be lovely.

So I'm getting on a plane at noon tomorrow to go to a cousin's wedding in Denver. Good lord, has this been an interesting morning. I haven't packed a single thing. I will be there for 6 days, 5 nights. Instead of getting all my shit together, I am nursing a hangover, listening to really shitty music, contemplating the plight of Severus Snape, and fiddling around on the guitar. I am a fucking waste of space.

But, the trip should be a blast. A little golf, a little bachelor party, a Rockies game, seeing relatives I haven't seen in a loooooong time. And the actual wedding of course. Which will be lovely.

Sounds nice, have a great time. I'll hold it down here in Chicago.

*tacklehugs NSW*

:)

Welcome back! Glad to hear about the shows, and that a good spot to be in GA is outer rail, as it sounds like it won't be too hard to get that spot without waiting in line most of the day. joyfulgirl and I are kind of counting on that for the second Chicago show, I think!

I caved on the second day and looked at setlists and pictures, but have managed to avoid hearing any bootlegs or watching videos. The only one I saw was the Crazy Tonight remix, because I had to see what everyone was talking about.

*tacklehugs NSW*

:)

Welcome back! Glad to hear about the shows, and that a good spot to be in GA is outer rail, as it sounds like it won't be too hard to get that spot without waiting in line most of the day. joyfulgirl and I are kind of counting on that for the second Chicago show, I think!

I caved on the second day and looked at setlists and pictures, but have managed to avoid hearing any bootlegs or watching videos. The only one I saw was the Crazy Tonight remix, because I had to see what everyone was talking about.

Oh, you need to get in the GA line fairly early for the outer rail. Not saying you have to camp out, but you cannot stroll on up at 4pm and plan to get that spot.

Good to be back, thanks!

Really? Damn. Somone whose blog I follow said that at one of the shows they got on the outer rail (or at least very close to it) coming in an hour or so before the show. :grumpy:

Damn her lies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom