Ryan Adams Played Guitar For Me-PICTURES!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: he was a total sweetheart of a man, and talked about his hair

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Yep! It was a blast. :wink:

I think I'm just gonna take the last 3 pics on the camera and get em developed. :eek: I wanna see already if they turned out!

PLEASE DO SO!!!!!!!!

Then mail them to me so I can scan them!!!!!!! :hyper:

Oh, I hope they turn out, I hope they turn out........:hyper:

APRIL!!!!

Are you getting the pics developed today?????????

*dies*

*is STILL listening to that song......................* ;)

mmmmmm...haaarrreeeem

I'm just bumping cause he's like the coolest rockstar ever.

Hallelujah Here She Comes can now vouch for that. :up: :hyper:

Indeed I can. I wrote up this fantastically detailed account of my night but, alas, it is sitting on my computer at home (I'm at work). So you all get the version I posted in PLEBA when I came home last night at 4am, fleshed out with some (or, as it turns out, quite a bit of) detail:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I JUST HAD THE MOST AMAZING NIGHT.

I'll be straight with y'all: I'm freaking drunk. But it's WHY I'm drunk that's the real story. You see...I hung out at a bar with Ryan Adams. AND HE MIXED DRINKS FOR ME. He was mixing drinks for everyone, poorly according to the actual bartender.

How did this happen? Well, ya see...I'm drunk. So you're not going to get the best answer out of me right now. Short story:

-Concert was freaking awesome. It was like he just wandered on stage and played and talked to a bunch of friends he invited over. I alternated between laughing my ass off and being mesmerized by his music. He had this joke book that he bought for $2 when he went grocery shopping that afternoon. It was the worst joke book EVER. It had jokes like: "Why do truckers make the best lovers? Because they know where to eat." Which is actually funny when Ryan Adams is reading it. At one point he started talking about how he wanted to go get a shot of [insert name of alcoholic beverage I can't remember]. Then he realized that there's a freaking BAR at the back of the theatre. So he puts on a record (there was a turntable on the stage) and pulls this guy onstage to sing along to it while he (Ryan) runs to the back of the theatre, has a shot, and then runs back to the stage. LOL. He also had two of his friends accompany him on violin and cello. All of a sudden, before he starts a song he turns to them and goes "HEY do you have the retarded orchestral piece I wrote?" It seems that one of his friends taught him how to compose for violin and cello. One of them ran and got it and they played it. It was so freaking bad. I damn near fell off my chair laughing. I'd also like to point out that he's the only person I've ever seen smoke whilst playing the piano. I never even knew that was possible.

High among the non-funny moments, his cover of Brown Sugar was probably the sexiest performance of any song I've ever seen. He played a TON of stuff from Heartbreaker, and not that much from Demolition which was kind of odd since he's touring to support it. But this was fine by me since Heartbreaker is my favorite album of his. Come Pick Me Up was the last song he played and it closed the show perfectly. Such a fucking beautiful song. "Sylvia Plath" was simply gorgeous and haunting. He rocked out a little with To Be Young, which kicked more ass than you'd think possible with one guy playing a guitar. I don't know what else to say. Every song was amazing. This ties with Coldplay for the second best concert I've ever seen ( think we all know who's first;)).

-Anyway, I hung out after the show to meet him...and meet him I did. He signed my Gold liner notes. Some kindly soul told him "yeah she wants the cd signed too." And I was like "HOW DID YOU KNOW??" I got a pic with him. I got a freaking HUG for Chrissakes. After I asked him for the hug he was like "man this is a sweet gig." You know, getting hugged by hot chicks and all. ;) He was the sweetest man EVERRRR. It took me like a full minute to find my stupid camera buried in the nether regions of my purse. Somebody else would have been like "dude, you're holding up the fucking line." But he just helped me look. lol. Somebody else handed him this cheap-ass guitar (him and his friends got three of them for $100 :laugh:) and he played it for a few minutes. It was simply glorious.

-But then the real fun began. He'd said he was going to this bar on the north side. I saw him get into the cab. I saw some fans get into the cab behind him. I did the same. His crew guy paid the cab fare and we got to hang out (sorta) with Ryan freaking Adams at a bar in Chicago. He was serving everybody drinks, playing pinball, hitting on this guy's girlfriend. ;) It was freaking great. I didn't get to talk to him at the bar, but, frankly, being in his semi-drunken presence was enough for me. You'll notice there's far less detail in my account of this portion of the night. There is a reason for that. :shifty:

Holy hot damn. I can't believe this just happened to me. Please forgive me for this drunken, rambling post, but I just had to share before I went to bed.

:heart: RYAN :heart:

________
:sexywink: April move to Chicago already so we can get crackin on this harem thing.

OMC!!!!!

:combust:

Congrats, girl!!!! That is so awesome!!!!!!

APRIL!! Did you develop our pics yet???? :drool:

Bumped, for the sake of pictures.

*waits for BC to get them

OMC!!!!!!!!!!

*dies*

I should get them by tomorrow, I'm sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh...but I'm gonna be busy all day Saturday...one of my good friends from back home is coming to stay with me...so I just might not be able to have time to scan.................

:tongue:

I kid, I kid!!! :D

*hugs Noodle*

*lol*

I AM excited for my friend to come though...I moved downstate over 2 years ago, and not a single one of my friends has been here to visit me yet...I've missed her so much!

However...there's always time for Ryan time! :drool: :heart: :D

I got my pics developed...

The ones I took of him playing the random guy's guitar are lovely. You guys are going to fucking love them. :love: :drool: :heart: :sick:

As for the one of me and him...well, he looks odd but cute (but, then, when does he NOT look cute? :cute: ). I, however, have my eyes closed and appear to be in severe physical pain, due to him squishing me hard against him........................:drool: ok i just lost my train of thought. Where was I? Ah, yes. Ryan holding me close to him................... :heart: Yeah, so the I look like a tard in the pic, but I don't really care cause...well, I think we all know why. :sexywink:

I'll scan them soon. I have to haul my ass to the computer lab to do it, so it will probably be next week sometime. :)

YAY PICTURES!!!! YAY RYAN!!! YAY PICTURES WITH RYAN!!! :happy:

I've scanned the pictures!!!!! I'm allowing April to post them though...I PM'ed them to her and gave her a call to let her know...they should be coming soon!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ok, here they are....Yay!

First off, here's BC with him, see how she's just making herself at home? ;)

KatRyan.jpg

Here's him playing that guitar "for me", haha:
AprilRyan2.jpg

I like that one cause I look kinda decent in it. :p

Ok, the last one blows and I look like shit, I don't want any sympathy, "Oh you look CUTE!"'s cause I DO NOT. :( Here:

*crosses arms and pouts

AprilRyan.jpg

Hopefully I can post the good one of us soon, but, there they are!

:)

Last edited:

Hey, he made himself right at home right back, restin' his head on me..........with that soft, soft skin..........:drool:

Sorry about the pic! :uhoh: :reject: Blame my FTP client! *lol* It's fixed now!!!

You guys rock. *is so proud of you girls*

and yes Screamer. Why DON"T you go to shows with Gina? Man I drove 7 hours just to go to a show with her she's so cool. I wish i had a Gina here. Nobody here likes good music. (well..cept ron, jeff and nita) :banghead: :laugh:

and april you look MEGAHOT in that photo. really....

*hides*:laugh:

KatRyan.jpg

Here's him playing that guitar "for me", haha:
AprilRyan2.jpg

I like that one cause I look kinda decent in it. :p

Ok, the last one blows and I look like shit, I don't want any sympathy, "Oh you look CUTE!"'s cause I DO NOT. :( Here:

*crosses arms and pouts

AprilRyan.jpg

Hopefully I can post the good one of us soon, but, there they are!

:)
Oh holy feckin...omy omy omy!:drool: :drool:
Thanks for sharing those...got any more?
Oh...they're delicious...and the both of you look fine...stop being so down on yerselves!
*mwah*
Very proud of you....shit...that one where Ryan's playing the guitar...that freakin looks like Eddie Vedder. Freaky to say the least.
Damn that Ryan's HOT! I need some fookin air. NOW.
oxoxoxoxo
Love Autumn

These pictures are great!!!!!

*my turn to pout*

Dammit, I should have been there!!!!

:(

Hehehe....ok, next time baby!!!!

:angel:

April, can't wait til we get to stalk the weez.

awesome pics guys!!!! haha Ryan looks great..
um but April.. :huh:.. seriously girl. you don't look bad at all. it's a good pic for shit's sake!

congrats again! can't wait for more pics- yours too Gina!

Bonochick:Those are good pictures hun:yes: I am glad you had a good time at the Bryan Adams concert....oooops ohhhh that was Ryan Adams:der: :lol: :evil:

Love ya hun:sexywink:

Last edited:
drgnwolf1969 said:
Bonochick:Those are good pictures hun:yes: I am glad you had a good time at the Bryan Adams concert..:der: ..oooops ohhhh that was Ryan Adams:der: :lol: :evil:

Love ya hun:sexywink:

You = Suck :p :D

That reminds me of earlier...

BC: I'm givin' a free concert in the basement tonight! You can come! I'm taking requests!

BC's Dad: "Summer of 69!!"

please dont kill me for saying this guy is SO not cute.. I dont get it

That's really cool that you got pics with him. I have never met anyone even remotely famous. :(

I :heart: pictures.

And April you look fine. *slaps you

Back
Top Bottom