Random Music Talk XLVI: No, studio Bad(minton) is NOT better than the live version.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Boy said:
I hear he has actually received death threats from Metallica fans.

He is NOT solely responsible for this mess, if nothing else, Metallica took advantage of a senile old man.

BTW, in regard to your recent comment about Gig Harbor being in the boonies, I was actually late for work on Monday because there were COWS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRIGGIN' ROAD.

:lol: What, is Gig Harbor in rural Ireland now?

He is NOT solely responsible for this mess, if nothing else, Metallica took advantage of a senile old man.

Ha ha haaaaaaa!

oh, right. i kind of forget that one exists.

That's understandable, as I think that album might actually cause brain damage.

I just watched the disc of extras in the box set. Oh maaaaan, I had forgotten about the MTV Rockumentary! I swear, I had that thing memorized back in the day. I must have worn out whatever VHS tape I had that taped on. So that was fun to watch.

What are his "two" beloved albums? He's got four VU albums and Transformer under his belt.

I was thinking VU & Nico and Transformer; those two seem to be without detractors. I'm not claiming that he did not make other great albums - rather just that those two stand out as a few of the most critically-acclaimed albums ever.

VU&N would surely have to be the most overrated album ever. Good stuff, but I was bitterly disappointed given all the praise I'd read. I was expecting a sheer masterpiece that laid the foundation for every rock album released since; I found it decidedly low-fi and self-indulgent. Black Angel's Death Song is awful, European Son is probably the worst song I've ever heard. If it weren't for the incredible Heroin, Sunday Morning, Waiting for the Man and a few others, I'd dismiss it completely. But maybe a lot of the praise is levelled at its influence, something I can't comment on, rather than the songs per se.

I hated the album at first, and I blame that on the hype, because the second time I heard it I loved it.

All of VU's records are great.

Haven't heard Squeeze yet though. I may sometime for laughs.

It's not nearly as bad as you think it's going to be. And considering Doug Yule sang lead on several songs on Loaded, you may not notice much of a difference between the two albums sonically, the inferior songwriting notwithstanding.

Haha, Ashley replied to a spam thread!

2251sucker.jpg

Non-premiums have to deal with bullshit spam on a daily basis, so I figure these threads should also stay unlocked for us to ruin our lives/make hilarious comments in.

Holy crap on a fucking stick why the hell is there Christmas music on in Wal-Mart what the HELL people. God no NOT Little Saint Nick damn you Mike Love this has to be your fault somehow

Holy crap on a fucking stick why the hell is there Christmas music on in Wal-Mart what the HELL people. God no NOT Little Saint Nick damn you Mike Love this has to be your fault somehow

:love: It's too goddamn early for Christmas music.

I swear, I should just make a "Comcast sucks" thread, but it's much more fun to vent here. I am a debt collector. My job is to call people and ask them to pay us. Well, I got into a two-hour debate with some asshole tonight because, although he paid his bill in full after screaming at me, I didn't have a supervisor ready to take over the call simply because he wanted one. Well, the supervisors in my department were all in a meeting. I can't go pull one out on a customer's whim. I can offer a callback, but because this dipshit wouldn't back down, I had to sit on a call for two hours until the guy who monitors our call volume and never assists customers cause it's not his job, decided to take it over. And this customer debated with that guy for at least a half an hour over whether or not a supervisor was available. If there had been a supervisor available, I would've pawned this guy off, no problem. But there wasn't. And he wouldn't let me put him on hold. So I had to listen to this idiot for two hours. Because the escalations process for Comcast collections is fucked. I'm done. Done. I'm putting my resume back up online and I'm filling out job applications. I can't deal with the bullshit anymore.

Just convinced someone to listen to Nick Drake after posting the above on facey. I love when that happens.

My other mate on the other hand I just feel sorry for. Reckons it's all "gay indie shit".

cobl04 said:
Just convinced someone to listen to Nick Drake after posting the above on facey. I love when that happens.

My other mate on the other hand I just feel sorry for. Reckons it's all "gay indie shit".

There's a fine line between indie gayness and Acca Dacca schoolboy shorts.

There's no band quite like Joy Division. I've heard a whole shitload of New Orders. No mystique about them, really, they just make great pop.

Yeah, it only took other bands like 10-15 years to catch up to what they were doing.

Joy Division in million years could not have recorded a song as good as:

Age of Consent
Blue Monday
Leave Me Alone
Temptation
Bizarre Love Triangle
True Faith
The Perfect Kiss
Regret

etc...

Love Will Tear Us Apart, LOL.

Hey dude, your voice sucks. You sound like a janitor who wandered in during the recording sessions and picked up the mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom