Random Music Talk LXIX: Give it to Laz - He'll Eat Anything

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PhilsFan said:
Fuck off Cobbler.

:lol:

I already have a Beach House ticket and I'm going with a friend, so I can't reeeeally ditch. I've seen Hot Chip open for LCD but never a full set, and I love the new album. How annoying. But many of you say Beach House are great live so I'll see them, even though Hot Chip are my boys.

Maybe Hot Chip will be popular enough to sell out their venue and add a second sideshow but I'm not confident.

I'd forgotten how good Summer Heights High was.

10of8s0.gif

Long Slow Dance, the newest album by The Fresh & Onlys, is really good as well. Today is like heaven in music for me.

elevated_u2_fan said:
So the wife and I are going to New York City next week for a vacation, does anyone have any good new or used music stores to recommend?

Other Music and Generation Records are a couple of good ones in Manhattan around the Village. The former is probably my favorite indie record store in the city.

Tweet from Neko Case just now:

@NekoCase: If you're playing guitar with fingerless gloves you had better be The Edge and it had better be snowing.

:applaud:

Billy Bragg played at 8am at an event for the National Union of Workers outside the train station that I get off at every morning. I didn't really know about it though and I only just got into work. I should have got up early and checked it out :(

But in better news, there is a festival called Golden Plains and it currently has only two artists announced. Those two acts being Cat Power and George Clinton and Parliament-Funkadelic.

cobl04 said:
Billy Bragg played at 8am at an event for the National Union of Workers outside the train station that I get off at every morning. I didn't really know about it though and I only just got into work. I should have got up early and checked it out :(

Yes. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom