Random Music Talk LI: In Which We Don't Mention Menstruation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably see it on DVD, because I'll watch that guy in anything.

I Googled to see what the deal with Karmin was, as I didn't think I'd heard of them. They're one of those YouTube bands who went viral(ish) with cover songs, and apparently have an album of originals coming out.

I didn't find anything interesting about their covers or their originals.

Are you kidding? That's his entire plot!

Keira Knightley has her plot with her new husband.
Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson do their married thing.
That one guy is looking for babes.
Hugh Grant is president of England.

Liam Neeson is a widow with a little boy, and he fights wolves with his bare hands every time their plot comes up. In the final scene, the surviving wolves play in a band with Liam's son and they do All I Want For Christmas Is You.

It's seriously awesome.

And Colin Firth in that cute plot with the girl who doesn't speak English.

And Bill Nighy as the awesome old pervy rock star trying to get a Christmas #1 single.

And Girls Aloud, who actually did have a Christmas #1 in real life, are on the soundtrack of the movie with their totally campy and totally awesome cover of "Jump (For My Love)".

:heart:

Colin Firth! Thank you for reminding me the other reason I loved the movie. And Bill Nighy is hilarious in it.

That's one of my favorite Girls Aloud songs, too. I remembered incorrectly that their version was used IN the film and was surprised and disappointed when the original started up the last time I watched it.

It was never really one of my very favorite songs of theirs, but it's fun and I've been known to dance around to it and sing it like an idiot.

The movie's great.

"This is the band? ...... I bet U2 are shittin' themselves."

Also, a very young (with very long, curly hair) Glen Hansard plays Outspan, the guitarist.

So did they ever actually break up? Are they on hiatus while they go do their solo things?

Not too clear right now. They still have something like three albums left on their record contract, so I would guess something will happen.

Many rumors have circulated.

Whenever any of them is interviewed, even if they're promoting their solo stuff or another project, the interviewer ALWAYS ends with a final "So, I know you get asked this all the time...but when are the Girls getting back together?!?"

Nicola, Kimberley, and Cheryl are invariably super gung-ho about it and they say something like "Soon, I hope! I'd love to! We can't wait!"

(This is not a surprise because they always were and always will be the three coolest and sweetest members of the group.)

Sarah...nobody knows what she's doing. There are rumors about rehab. She was known as "the drunk one" in Girls Aloud and the biggest partier.

But the biggest wild card is Nadine. She was always kind of the outsider. Never quite as close as the other members. (Nic, Kimba, and Cheryl are still great friends and hang out and keep in contact...which warms my heart). Nadine is off in Los Angeles doing her restaurant/hotel owner stuff and trying to get her solo career off the ground and doing god knows what with her fine ass and her adorable accent.

This is their 10 year anniversary, so the prevailing thought is that something will happen this year. Whether it's a full album, or even just a comeback single, or a tour, nobody knows really. There were rumors of them reuniting to perform at the opening ceremonies of the London Olympics this summer which would have been fucking EPIC, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

If I had to guess, I'd say there's about a 95% chance that they get back together and do something at some point. And there's also a chance that Nadine might not even be involved when they do. I don't know. I can't wait to find out.

I love The Commitments. All the performances were recorded live on set.

Awesome soundtrack. That lead singer was only like 19 when they made the film, guy had major pipes.

Also, a little bit of trivia: the back-up singer with the shorter hair (Bronagh Gallagher) plays the female pilot who's in the first scene of The Phantom Menace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom