Random Music Talk CXXIII: Cilantro Lover's Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like cauliflower. It's neutral. I wouldn't want a plate of nothing but cauliflower, but it's fine as far as it goes.

As far as spicy food goes, I prefer to get it up front, not like some of that Thai stuff where it tastes bland and then the heat hits you five minutes later. If it must be hot, I want it to taste hot.

In other news, Desert Daze added Jarvis Cocker, Earth playing a full album, and some other smaller acts. Apparently they srill have another headliner to announce.

Really excited for this new location at the lake. How often do you get to swim and rent boats during a festival?
I'm really feeling this lineup too.

I’m debating whether to drop $150 (which will look more like 200 when all is said and done) to go see Alan Cumming tomorrow night. He sings, so it’s kinda music related. :shrug:

It’s hard to dislike the guy when he retweets/donates to a random trans guy’s go fund me for top surgery.

And of course there’s always this ridiculously hilarious and awesome mashup:

https://youtu.be/CWlcz87vKw4

Totally unrelated, the current singer of the Dropkick Murphy’s apparently joined the band 20 years ago, which was around the same time I started listening to them. That made me feel crazy old haha.

Adding to the double bill discussion from the other day: I'm seeing an Afghan Whigs/Built to Spill double bill on Thursday :hyper:

Totally unrelated, the current singer of the Dropkick Murphy’s apparently joined the band 20 years ago, which was around the same time I started listening to them. That made me feel crazy old haha.

You know what makes me feel crazy old? That U2 are now "reviving" songs live that did not even exist when I joined this bloody forum.

So with all the publicity surrounding the 25th anniversary boxed set of of Liz Phair's Exile in Guyville, I was wondering what happened to that double album she was working on with Ryan Adams.

I found a recent interview where it was brought up. Apparently it was being modeled after The White Album and was supposed to be a lot of fun, but then Trump's election caused them to reevaluate what they had and focus on a more serious approach. Sound familiar? She said she does plan to release the abandoned stuff at some point. And the album is near completion, supposedly.

You know what makes me feel crazy old? That U2 are now "reviving" songs live that did not even exist when I joined this bloody forum.

I hadn’t put that together while reading the shuttlecock thread, but that is a solid point.

You know what makes me feel crazy old? Not really, but for the sake of conversation? The phrase 'twenty years' doesn't really evoke that much in me. Twenty years is twenty years. It's not that long, actually. Now forty, we're cooking, we've got ourselves a stew, baby. But twenty? That's like, just two decades. And a decade is only about seven years if you squint or are drunk some of it.

When I was in my mid 20s, ten years did seem like a really long time. I’m in my mid 30s now though, and stuff is just starting to get around that 20 year ago mark so yeah, long ass time.

If u2 hadn't run out the clock on most of the 2000s, they'd only be like a thirty-year-old band now. Doesn't sound so daunting, does it?

Hope they find him and it doesn't turn into another Manic Street Preachers situation.

They still haven't found that guy, have they?

Nope. I honestly don't believe he's dead, even if that's a ridiculous thing to think.

Richey Edwards was declared legally dead by his family, but the Manics keep (or used to keep) an account for him where they place his 25% of the music royalties. It’s been 23 years since his disappearance. Their bass player has talked about how a missed or hang-up phone call could ruin his day. Everybody held out hope for so long Richey would come back.

All of that is to say, Ashley is right. He’s never been found.

Last edited:
I just saw Frightened Rabbits live a couple years back and was directly at the front of the stage, about a foot away from the lead singer. He was funny and in good spirits and I even got their setlist that night. This is scary news and I obviously hope he turns up ok. Awful.

I mean for them to file a missing persons report when he'd only been unheard from for a short time, they must know he's in a real bad place or something.
Hopefully he shows up for breakfast in the morning and just needed some alone time.

I mean for them to file a missing persons report when he'd only been unheard from for a short time, they must know he's in a real bad place or something.
Hopefully he shows up for breakfast in the morning and just needed some alone time.
He sent some cryptic tweets out before his disappearance too. Hoping he will be ok.
Yeah, this. Cryptic messages and from the sounds of it a history of problems.

Apparently he left his phone in the hotel he was staying in as well. This sucks.

Every time I refresh Twitter and see breaking news, I get hopeful and it's just more nothing :sigh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom