Random Music Talk C - Cobbler 'C'-ees us Into Triple Figures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to a festival with my arm in a sling after I nearly lost my thumb in a pedestal drill. You tend to get a lot of people impressed with your commitment.

When I downgraded to a thumb cast I used to tell girls at nightclubs that it was an injury I sustained winning the state thumb-wrestling championships. "You should have seen the other guy!"

Which was probably more chick repellent, providing that much needed opposite reaction to the magnet side of things. Yay science. Or something.

There's a song off the most recent black keys album that I reluctantly did not hate.

I am hearing Sinatra on the radio. This is happening and it is awesome. It's too bad it's just little Steven's underground garage and not regular fm radio.

My seven favourite Los Campesinos! lyrics, in no particular order, aside from the line from "In Medias Res", which is number one:

"And how the frequent public displays of sisterly affection / they left her feeling safe / left him with an erection"

"Happenstance can wait til tomorrow cos you got to do it right
Your shoulders flow from neck like a wine bottle, bear them broad tonight
You and I, we consecrate, my heart all resolve might break
You'll know us by the way we crawl, you'll know us by our cemetery gaits"

"The first time, the last time, all the times in between
The first time, the last time, all the times I would have liked there to have been
I can't believe I chose the mountains every time you chose the sea"

"I walked into the room to see my ex-girlfriend (who by the way I'm still in love with) / sucking the face of some pretty boy with my favourite band's most popular song in the background"

"We kid ourselves there's future in the fucking / but there is no fucking future"

"I've displayed marriage proposals on jumbotrons of ball games you've not been at / I've written eulogies in guest books in galleries in the hope that you might pass"

"If you were given the option of dying painlessly in peace at forty-five
But with a lover at your side, after a full and happy life
Is this something that would interest you?
Would this interest you at all?"

Iyup's underdog thread + the second Rolling Stones song I've heard in the past two hours (3rd if you count a cover) got me thinking about the opposite of his thread: massively popular albums you love and feel are the most deserving of their lofty claims in the pantheon of great albums. It doesn't make for a very interesting thread at all, but I just really want to listen to Exile on Main Street right now.

You know what's really good? The album called Rhythms of a Cosmic Sky by a band called Earthless. I can't stop listening to it.

I marked it on spotify to remember to check it out after learning from google that I'll either despise it for the descriptions of psychedelic and stoner rock, or enjoy it for Martha-endorsed instrumental rock.

Dark Side of the Moon.

Exile's still the only Stones album I've heard in full :reject:

Well, at least you didn't technically cobbler the stones I suppose. :lol:

Want an embarrassing cobbler-esque admission regarding Dark Side of the Moon? I've never heard the whole thing. Yet I've listened to Piper and Animals more than most people who own Pink Floyd t shirts.

My seven favourite Los Campesinos! lyrics, in no particular order, aside from the line from "In Medias Res", which is number one:

"And how the frequent public displays of sisterly affection / they left her feeling safe / left him with an erection"

"Happenstance can wait til tomorrow cos you got to do it right
Your shoulders flow from neck like a wine bottle, bear them broad tonight
You and I, we consecrate, my heart all resolve might break
You'll know us by the way we crawl, you'll know us by our cemetery gaits"

"The first time, the last time, all the times in between
The first time, the last time, all the times I would have liked there to have been
I can't believe I chose the mountains every time you chose the sea"

"I walked into the room to see my ex-girlfriend (who by the way I'm still in love with) / sucking the face of some pretty boy with my favourite band's most popular song in the background"

"We kid ourselves there's future in the fucking / but there is no fucking future"

"I've displayed marriage proposals on jumbotrons of ball games you've not been at / I've written eulogies in guest books in galleries in the hope that you might pass"

"If you were given the option of dying painlessly in peace at forty-five
But with a lover at your side, after a full and happy life
Is this something that would interest you?
Would this interest you at all?"

:love:

You walk in from your mother's balcony
Panda-eyed and freezing cold
You bury yourself in my chest to warm
I notice the goosebumps on your arms, millions
And whether it's because of the numbers of hours
spent laid facedown on my bed listening to white noise,
or, well, obviously it's not,
I somehow manage to translate them from braille

So, maybe the lining of a winter's coat mightn't be the best place to hide a summer secret
Said every photo that you took that festival got lost in your camera in an insurance scam
And though underexposed, i could see from the quality, his K Records t-shirt and you holding his hand

I cannot emphasise enough that my body
Is a badly designed, poorly put together vessel
Harbouring these diminishing, so called vital organs
Hope my heart goes first

I've learnt more from toilet walls,
Than I've learnt from these words of yours.
Your feelings are buried in scriptures and fictions,
It's all in the words but I'm here for the pictures.

The story of the winter I forgot how to speak
My mind was like a nation's flag but my breeze was too weak.
How they dragged me to the hospital sayin' I had gone deaf
but I heard everything they said.
It's just I had no interest.

I was solace to the sirens
the bait on the fisherman's rod
The hook took me far from my family
but closer to God

Delta Goodrem :lmao::lmao::lmao:

10403252_10152566342089720_419098604645362716_n.jpg

How do you dance to AC/DC anyway? Strumming an air guitar whilst suffering an untimely back injury?

Want an embarrassing cobbler-esque admission regarding Dark Side of the Moon? I've never heard the whole thing. Yet I've listened to Piper and Animals more than most people who own Pink Floyd t shirts.

It's pretty good, you should listen to it.

But not before Animals.

Iyup's underdog thread + the second Rolling Stones song I've heard in the past two hours (3rd if you count a cover) got me thinking about the opposite of his thread: massively popular albums you love and feel are the most deserving of their lofty claims in the pantheon of great albums. It doesn't make for a very interesting thread at all, but I just really want to listen to Exile on Main Street right now.

london-calling-paradiso2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom