Random Music Talk C - Cobbler 'C'-ees us Into Triple Figures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in the "who gives a fuck" department when it comes to random celebrities making stupid statements.

I really did not like The New Classic. Second rate trap beats, poor lyrics. GAF is my dude but we're going to have to disagree on this one. Just not my thing at all.

She's hot though. And apparently not too bright, I guess.

Last edited:
I'd at least expect better than cheap and ignorant stereotypes about Aboriginal people. From anyone.

I mean, it really shouldn't be hard at all, should it? A little research in her case would've sufficed and it wouldn't have taken her particularly long.

LM and Ashley saw a fucking ghost last night, an actual ghost, and all we're talking about is Iggy Azalea and the thread title?

I've actually seen Jeff Goldblum twice in the past couple of weeks because I went in to grab a spot at the bar one night and it was full.

We all know what's going on. This is some straight Sixth Sense shit.

LM and Ashley saw a fucking ghost last night, an actual ghost, and all we're talking about is Iggy Azalea and the thread title?

This. Totally this.

137612-jeffrip.jpg

Born in 1974?? :lol:

jeff_goldblum_07.jpg

I know it's basically the middle song in a medley and maybe that's why I kinda overlooked it before, but "Baby I'm a Star" is quickly becoming one of my favorite Prince songs.

No, does that mean she should be immune from criticism?

Well no, but there seemed to be a bit of surprise in your comment. Maybe I read too much into it.

I agree with djerdap that celebrity views on anything social or political are rarely worth hearing. It's just a bit surprising to me that people will ask for example Stephen A Smith his views on domestic violence and then get surprised when he throws back a medieval opinion on the subject.

Well no, but there seemed to be a bit of surprise in your comment. Maybe I read too much into it.

I agree with djerdap that celebrity views on anything social or political are rarely worth hearing. It's just a bit surprising to me that people will ask for example Stephen A Smith his views on domestic violence and then get surprised when he throws back a medieval opinion on the subject.

I think the unique thing about the Stephen A situation was his Twitter meltdown afterwards while he got defensive that people understood while literally repeating the same argument he originally made.

To you Aussies out there, I see you talking about Aboriginal issues fairly often. Is there widespread awareness or a push for more Aboriginal recognition in Australia right now? I wonder because in the US there tends to be a lot of lip-service to the plight of Native Americans, but no one is really willing to do a damn thing about it.

To you Aussies out there, I see you talking about Aboriginal issues fairly often. Is there widespread awareness or a push for more Aboriginal recognition in Australia right now? I wonder because in the US there tends to be a lot of lip-service to the plight of Native Americans, but no one is really willing to do a damn thing about it.

Australia is lip-service central, I'm afraid. I thought we were going to make some serious progress after Kevin Rudd apologised to the Stolen Generations, but on reflection I was much too naive.

Since most Australians rarely see Aboriginal people, awful stereotypes are prolific. They are heavily marginalised, generally only visible when they are homeless or on the news for something negative. It remains deeply controversial to try to determine how many Aboriginals died during colonisation or how violent the frontier was, because a lot of right-wing politicians and commentators keep trying to shut down the debate (the loony fringe also continues to deny that the Stolen Generations ever happened). The combination of collective ignorance towards Aboriginals and a failure to appreciate the thunderously deleterious consequences of colonialism means many Aboriginals live in third world conditions. The current levels of health and educational attainment for Aboriginals should be a national disgrace; instead we now have a Prime Minister cutting services.

Back
Top Bottom