Quiet, please. Observe strange sounds in Randoooomdadoomdadoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arw, any experience making amaretti cookies? Mom found a recipe and is hinting that I should make them..........Easy? Hard?

Quality time with your boy :cute:
I wish you could find something in MN.
Good luck asking your boss *purple power thoughts being sent your way*

I am home :yawn:
I was so over tired yesterday I didn't even have strength to eat.......turns out a co-worker had the same problem. 39 hours 58 minutes. No overtime allowed so home I am. I am contemplating doing the 1/2 vicodin thing, but it makes me loopy and I don't wanna lose the weekend so I will see what liquid advil does.
Vicodin combined with the Starbucks Espresso Truffle coffee.............that could be an interesting combination :hmm:. The coffee is delicious!

so does that mean you are off tomorrow? Not working a Saturday during the holidays in retail is always nice :yes:

Don't do the vicodin! :no:

The cookie.....:hmm: If that's the almond cookie used with almond paste, sugar, and whites then it should be fairly easy. All you do is mix everything together and pipe out with a pastry bag....or scoop. I'd recommend the bag but if you don't have one then a spoon will do.

:wave: off to work :crazy: I hope I get a big fat YES from my boss :scream:

I am off the weekend. Boss has worked me M-F with weekends off. Really can't complain about that :shrug:.
I didn't do the vicodin thing ~heating pad and advil are are what I am trying. Can't wait till after Christmas to see what work situation is. Need to find new OS. Would love to have a whirlpool to soak in.........could you maybe send one from your place of employment?
I have part one of a Bruce Christmas show burned to DVD so I think I will veg and watch that later.

I'M GOING TO THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

:faint:

At first he said no, then yes, then maybe, then after it soaked in about the split shift he said yes and then told my supervisor that will be there on Sunday the plans. :love: The thing is I don't do most of the stuff the rest of my coworkers do. My #1 priority is the desserts for our fine dining restaurant. I can do that at any point in the day. He only needs my help for a huge plate up (1,100 people) but that party starts after 7:00. So as long as I get my work done before I leave, which I will since it's slow on Sundays and I don't need more than a few hours, he doesn't have a problem with it. Of course some of my coworkers were all pissed but they're part of the banquets team so they need to be there for the banquets. If I have work to do for the restaurant then that's what I do before anything else. I said I'd be back by 6 but he said 7:00 was fine with him as long as I wasn't in a bad mood that my team lost :| :angry: They'll win! :hyper::hyper:

I am off the weekend. Boss has worked me M-F with weekends off. Really can't complain about that :shrug:.
I didn't do the vicodin thing ~heating pad and advil are are what I am trying. Can't wait till after Christmas to see what work situation is. Need to find new OS. Would love to have a whirlpool to soak in.........could you maybe send one from your place of employment?
I have part one of a Bruce Christmas show burned to DVD so I think I will veg and watch that later.

I can get you a room for $99 a night anytime you want! :flirt:

:hyper:

I'm going to be like this until Sunday night :hyper: Normally I'd say that I don't care if they win or lose as long as I'm at the game but they do really need to win. Especially since Chicago pulled off a win yesterday :grumpy:

:hyper: I can't wait until Sunday!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

^ :up:

I'm really happy you're going :hug:

I have to work from 4 - 10 tonight for "Winter Wonderland" and I have the wonderful job of . . . handicap parking :|

I always get the "no fun" jobs for the special events, either hand stamping, tacking tickets, parking, etc . . . for once I would like to do arts and crafts, be in the haunted house, etc . . . :sigh:

^ :up:

I'm really happy you're going :hug:

I have to work from 4 - 10 tonight for "Winter Wonderland" and I have the wonderful job of . . . handicap parking :|

I always get the "no fun" jobs for the special events, either hand stamping, tacking tickets, parking, etc . . . for once I would like to do arts and crafts, be in the haunted house, etc . . . :sigh:

that doesn't sound fun. Is this for work? Can you ask to do something else for the next time?

I'M GOING TO THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

:faint:

At first he said no, then yes, then maybe, then after it soaked in about the split shift he said yes and then told my supervisor that will be there on Sunday the plans. :love: The thing is I don't do most of the stuff the rest of my coworkers do. My #1 priority is the desserts for our fine dining restaurant. I can do that at any point in the day. He only needs my help for a huge plate up (1,100 people) but that party starts after 7:00. So as long as I get my work done before I leave, which I will since it's slow on Sundays and I don't need more than a few hours, he doesn't have a problem with it. Of course some of my coworkers were all pissed but they're part of the banquets team so they need to be there for the banquets. If I have work to do for the restaurant then that's what I do before anything else. I said I'd be back by 6 but he said 7:00 was fine with him as long as I wasn't in a bad mood that my team lost :| :angry: They'll win! :hyper::hyper:
:hyper: I can be like that too as long as it is from a seated position. SO happy that you are able to go.
:hyper:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope Winter Wonderland goes smoothly for you kelly. Handicap parking does not sound too exciting. Too bad you can't rotate to different jobs.

Did a little Christmas shopping earlier. I am so far behind :crack:. Cut it short cuz the foot and leg were bugging me, I really pissed them off this week. Came home and put the leg up with ice this time on my knee. Cousin called looking for recipes. It was pointed out to me that there was a message on the phone from my boss. He had a failure tomorrow and wants to know if I can work 8-4.
I can't, I specifically asked off for tomorrow. J is coming into town around noon and then we are gonna catch up, maybe see a movie, go to dinner and then go see TSO downtown. Nothing like feeling guilty about not being able to work.
I would like my knee to be able to handle the fun tomorrow without too much trouble. The vicodin needs to stay in my drawer.
The weather sounds horrid.............rain, wind with temps dropping from 47 to 14. What the hell is it about my friends and I getting together for concerts and the weather being crappy..........the exception is the Harley Bruce concert.
It's a Wonderful Life is on tonight :heart: ~ singing Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight already. Shopping online is on the agenda tonight.

Called the store back.
First call, the phone rang so many times that eventually I was just disconnected.
Second call, I asked for *insert boss name* and I got silence........I then asked for the area # we are called. That they understood. They said boss was there and they would page him......I was on hold for 10 minutes :|. I hung up.
Third call, I asked for boss again. Again they said they would page him*deja vu*. On hold for 4 minutes before someone came on and said that they think he was gone for the day..........I left a message.
:crack::sigh:

I then relayed the story to my father.............who promptly asked if I had the boss' home phone #. Um, no. I don't want it.
My life outside of that place is exactly that.............MINE.

^my boss has my email and cell #. He'll text me if it's an emergency :crack: That hasn't happened in many many months but it's still completely crazy how our lives outside of that resort really aren't ours during certain times of the year.

I hope you're able to enjoy your Sunday fun and that the leg doesn't give up on you. Oh and the weather.....I hope it's not too creepy out for you!

I swear, I am gonna sleep the whole month of February.
Church, home, nap, FUN!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun at the Vikings game!

I finished all of our Christmas shopping this weekend! All I need to get is 1 more gift card and some tags and it's 100% complete! :dance: All I have to do is wrap the stuff for the MO family that I didn't get a job 2 and drop that off to be added to the box I'm shipping from there. Best of all I came in under budget!

Jealous of kariann ~ being finished with shopping............tell me what that is like. I hit up Barnes & Noble online yesterday before J picked me up. I am closer to being finished but I have NO idea what to get for my father. The man has no hobbies!

Trans Siberian was :up: last night.
Indoor fireworks, pounding music, lasers, lights, fire :love:
It was similar to last year but still very enjoyable.

We were right in front of the raising platform that was located behind the floor seats.
TSO played part of the Peanuts Christmas tune. That got a rousing cheer.

Took a few pics.

I :love: eating at Turner Hall. Had the Bourban chicken and J and I split the apple strudel for dessert :drool: So good. We ate upstairs, not in the main restaurant. The little room was next to the Ballroom where they put on concerts. We got to hear that nights bands doing rehearsals :cool:

Some of the better TSO pics:
232323232%7Ffp43372%3Enu%3D3235%3E78%3A%3E6%3C4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3C3746%3A759nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43348%3Enu%3D3235%3E78%3A%3E6%3C4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3C37469737nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43372%3Enu%3D3235%3E78%3A%3E6%3C4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3C3746%3A879nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43362%3Enu%3D3235%3E78%3A%3E6%3C4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3C374686%3A%3Cnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43244%3Enu%3D3235%3E78%3A%3E6%3C4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3C3746%3B366nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43249%3Enu%3D3235%3E78%3A%3E6%3C4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3C37472543nu0mrj

I just dropped my car off at the auto place down the street to get the oil changed. I always get nervous when they say they're going to do a "free" inspection. My sister and the boyfriend have used them before plus they are well known in the area so I'm not too worried they'll do work without calling.

I had to walk home in the rain :happy:

Now I'm stuck without a car until they call. I could take the dog for a walk but she won't go outside in the rain for any reason....even if she's dancing by the back door because she needs to go potty. :coocoo:

:yikes: ok so even though I said the dog wouldn't go out, she did. Poor thing came back in soaked :( and then got scared of the towel I tried to use to dry her off. :der:

It's like October in Minnesota here right now. I'm shocked. I really didn't think it got this cold in Arizona. Plus some of the leaves on the trees are changing colors and falling. :huh: I feel like I should be carving a pumpkin today.

:waiting:

still waiting for my car :angry::mad:

in other fun news....the heater repair man, that was only called an hour ago, is already here looking at the heater. It doesn't work and it is freeeeeeeezing in here. I felt like I was at home in my parents basement last night during January. :scream: The poor animals are shaking. I'm not sure about Roxy's night but I know Princess Lily slept under a fleece blanket and growled at me when I tried to move it off of her. :huh: She now thinks she owns my blanket and won't let me go near it. Crazy cat....

crazy, adorable, lovable animals :cute:
sending get your car back thoughts :)

Fascinating day :happy:
I found out today that I get really grumpy when my knee bugs me for days on end.
I have a feeling (paranoid?) that someone is trying to set me up for failure at work ~ worthy of 6 :happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:
Fortunately for me that my reputation is solid and I don't just blow things off.........and that other people in higher places are seeing the *oddness* too.

Happy days. Happy days. :|

Oh and it is snowing

:waiting:

still waiting for my car :angry::mad:

in other fun news....the heater repair man, that was only called an hour ago, is already here looking at the heater. It doesn't work and it is freeeeeeeezing in here. I felt like I was at home in my parents basement last night during January. :scream: The poor animals are shaking. I'm not sure about Roxy's night but I know Princess Lily slept under a fleece blanket and growled at me when I tried to move it off of her. :huh: She now thinks she owns my blanket and won't let me go near it. Crazy cat....

I understand about the freezing thing.
12 degrees here and at work the sign room is frigid *shiver*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom