Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I waiting!
and i KNOW its orgasmic
dont KILL ME
Im like the most sexually frustrated person in the world right now-and on top of it im waiting till the album comes out
:mad: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRG
Give me a play by play action of it will ya?
*feels like she is requesting phone sex or something*

starsgoblue said:
U2BonoGirl....download the album! :grumpy:

It's orgasmic!

Don't do it!!! We're trying to be good :angel: :heart: Only two weeks until they give it to us officially. Please don't tempt Digsy or Merc either, we're trying to stick together.

I've been reading the reviews, and I'm really excited at the Universal praise and look forward to hearing it.

So, are you in a fine mood now that you have the album? Where does it rank after a day's worth of listening?

u2bonogirl said:
stars is a very happy camper:yes:
shes putting a lot of peer pressure on me to give in and do it.
come on tara....

Tara...trust me, it will be wonderful. I don't see how this is sacraficing any musical integrity or will make November 23rd any less exciting. As matter of fact, I'm looking forward to touching the album and looking at the booklet even more now!

starsforu2 said:

it.

So, are you in a fine mood now that you have the album? Where does it rank after a day's worth of listening?

I am overjoyed. The boys have really done a masterpiece...I'm not being dramatic, it's the truth. After the first listen I couldn't stop shaking I was so overwhelmed and yes, I cried.

I've said elsewhere I really feel it's a continuation of AB. I'll explain why if you guys haven't already read what I posted about that....

starsgoblue said:

I am overjoyed. The boys have really done a masterpiece...I'm not being dramatic, it's the truth. After the first listen I couldn't stop shaking I was so overwhelmed and yes, I cried.

I've said elsewhere I really feel it's a continuation of AB. I'll explain why if you guys haven't already read what I posted about that....

I read it. Nice. I'm eager to see if I agree once I hear it. I've avoided reading the lyrics as well.

I think, it's no secret (that the stars are falling... :uhoh: sidetrack) that we have been watching Bono's spiritual journey for some time. AB was pretty raw in that respect. Dirty Day, First Time and The Wanderer were very much acknowledgements of his own sins and guilt about them. Pop follows Bono with a finger in God's face, pleading with him to do something and ATYCLB acknowledged that apart from God's grace he is nothing. A very manly admission. It will be interesting to hear what he's up to now.

*sigh*
I think i must just like the pain Im putting myself through or something.....
Somebody help me, Im falling into temptation
and the devil has taken the form of my bonopal!:wink:

Sometimes I feel like Im on that same rollercoaster spiritual journey that Bono has dealt with
Im not one of those people who can just accept what people take as general truth. there has to be more!

starsforu2 said:

I think, it's no secret (that the stars are falling... :uhoh: sidetrack) that we have been watching Bono's spiritual journey for some time. AB was pretty raw in that respect. Dirty Day, First Time and The Wanderer were very much acknowledgements of his own sins and guilt about them. Pop follows Bono with a finger in God's face, pleading with him to do something and ATYCLB acknowledged that apart from God's grace he is nothing. A very manly admission. It will be interesting to hear what he's up to now.

Oh, just you wait......You'll be very impressed.

u2bonogirl said:
*sigh*
I think i must just like the pain Im putting myself through or something.....
Somebody help me, Im falling into temptation
and the devil has taken the form of my bonopal!:wink:

Sometimes I feel like Im on that same rollercoaster spiritual journey that Bono has dealt with
Im not one of those people who can just accept what people take as general truth. there has to be more!

As I told Digsy, you never regret waiting for a kiss, you are more likely to regret having kissed before it was time. And true love waits.

oh please........ talking to me about kissing
didnt we already establish that its one of my favorite activities.
:drool:
now youve made me want the album more:wink:
and a nice make out session to the tune of with or without you....
oh yeah
slipping into fantasy

starsforu2 said:

As I told Digsy, you never regret waiting for a kiss, you are more likely to regret having kissed before it was time. And true love waits.

:laugh:

Dork! It's an album...not sex! You're not going to get an incurable disease from listening to it! I mean we're already U2-addicts...but no disease.

starsgoblue said:

:laugh:

Dork! It's an album...not sex! You're not going to get an incurable disease from listening to it! I mean we're already U2-addicts...but no disease.

:shrug: I know that if I listen to it now, I'll feel sort of empty, because that will be it. No more surprises :sad: There are precious few in this world that are this exciting. I know, sad. But for one who grew up on Star Wars and U2, I don't want to know the Spoilers about Star Wars until I'm sitting in the theatre and I don't want to hear the album until I'm supposed to.

I'm cool with everyone else (as long as they eventually buy it) but I just choose to not partake and to encourage all the rest who lean that way to stick with me.

:laugh: It's a silly debate really, but I'd like to to be jonesing for new music for two weeks less than you do, when the next album comes out.

starsforu2 said:

:wink: Hey you know we love you, no matter where you've been, who you've been listening to. So are you happy with the new album? Which is your favorite U2 album and where does this one fall after 1 day?

were gonna have nobody to rave to when we finally listen to it since everybody is already listening!:laugh:
thats okay, they can listen to me freak out over all the songs anyway

*is huddling up in her hoodie freezing to death.*
geeze, i dont know if its my fever or if its really that cold in here but my fingers are like ice. brrrr
i need a nice cup of tea
*english accent* yes a bit of tea and crumpets would fit the bloody bill nicely right about now, dont you think

u2bonogirl said:

were gonna have nobody to rave to when we finally listen to it since everybody is already listening!:laugh:
thats okay, they can listen to me freak out over all the songs anyway

Actually, by the time we listen to it, we'll have the floor. Have you seen how busy it's been. It's been crazy and it's hard to get a word in edge-wise. By the time we listen to it, most of the crowd will have nothing left to add, and we can swoop in with our special "first time" stories. For all of those folks, it will constitute sitting in front of their computer. :shrug: There are better ways. I'm willing to try to cultivate a more emotional setting. Unlike Stars, I can's spontaneously cry, I kind of need to set myself up. Usually. I'd like to be able to do that with this one.

I really am trying to find a weak link - honestly I don't think that I should like it as much as I do -I'm doing the line from Raising AZ
"I love him so much Hi" to the album - I have had it on constant rotation since 0900 - that being said
Miracle drug is amazing - I fixate on one song and play the hell out of it - I guess today is Miracle drug's day
but A Man and a woman is beautiful
so is city of blinding lights, and SYCMOYO
LAPOE is friggin brilliant - check out BMRC spread your love to get an idea of the bass line
ABOY sounds like u2 cover the who - with a honest to God guitar solo
OOTS - sounds like the beatles, only better
Crumbs is actually alot better than I had expected being a political song - growing on me by the listen
Yahweh and OSC are beautiful as well

but right now miracle drug with lead edge vocals for about 30 seconds - but what a 30 seconds!

sorry - overly excited and sleep deprived from being on call......

Edited to say that right now it ranks with AB in the fact that I can play the album from start to finish w/o skipping over songs
the tracklisting is amazing - very complete album with central themes running throughout

Last edited:
it all sounds really beautiful
when i get it i need to have the house to myself
im going to lay on the floor in the living room with the surround sound system and crank it up
i wont get off that floor unless its to dance with myself.
its going to be an emotional and religious experience:dance:

and i just might cry
ive been doing that a lot lately:huh:

nurse chrissi said:
I really am trying to find a weak link - honestly I don't think that I should like it as much as I do -I'm doing the line from Raising AZ
"I love him so much Hi" to the album - I have had it on constant rotation since 0900 - that being said
Miracle drug is amazing - I fixate on one song and play the hell out of it - I guess today is Miracle drug's day
but A Man and a woman is beautiful
so is city of blinding lights, and SYCMOYO
LAPOE is friggin brilliant - check out BMRC spread your love to get an idea of the bass line
ABOY sounds like u2 cover the who - with a honest to God guitar solo
OOTS - sounds like the beatles, only better
Crumbs is actually alot better than I had expected being a political song - growing on me by the listen
Yahweh and OSC are beautiful as well

but right now miracle drug with lead edge vocals for about 30 seconds - but what a 30 seconds!

sorry - overly excited and sleep deprived from being on call......

Edited to say that right now it ranks with AB in the fact that I can play the album from start to finish w/o skipping over songs
the tracklisting is amazing - very complete album with central themes running throughout

:cool: :up: It's going to be fantastic when I have it in my hands. I'm leaning toward the long drive, but maybe, I'll drive into DC instead and see the memorials from the bridges. It all depends on what time of day I get a hold of it. If it ships with the iPod or the digital boxset is available, before the album I'll definitely set myself up, and can still use the car's stereo to interpret the album.

Thanks Nurse Chrissi! So, since you've been in bed all day with HTDAAB how is your conscience? :wink:

I will just be getting back to town from arizona when the album comes out 'for real'
on my way back from portland i will have the album in my lap but i dont know...i think i will wait until Im home.
even if i am driving by myself....
see, i blew out he front speakers of my car and now all i have is the back ones...
dont ask
i like it loud

hey tim, do you have the killers hot fuss?
if not first::shame:
its a great album
and second if you do, listen to the last song on the album
imagine dancing to it:sexywink:
its everything will be alright if you wanna download it off iTunes
:yes:
tara reccomends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom