Oasis!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2One said:
yea, next album is due out in march!!! can't wait!!! U2 tour and new Oasis album next spring. Imagine U2 and Oasis playing a gig together (oh how i wish i saw popmart oakland back in '97).

And about their arrogance, I absolutely love it. Oasis wouldn't be Oasis without their arrogance. Along with their music, I love their attitude...

Sorry to disappoint you, but they weren't that great.....pretty boring in fact. Maybe they've improved their act......:|

Sweet Tart said:
i :heart: them

yes their material has gone down a bit over the years but they still put out some class tunes.

my fav from the last album was actually the b-side from SCYHO...."shout it out loud". if you haven't heard it definately check it out.

ohh shout it out loud!!!! i thought i was the only one who absolutely loves this song....

yertle-the-turtle said:

There's no need for that sorta thing.

You're absolutely right. Anyone who doesn't recognise the brilliance of Oasis deserves an insult far better than dickwad. Fuckwit, perhaps. Maybe even that doesn't go far enough.

I like Oasis alot...I have three of their Cd's..."Don't Go Away " is my fave song of theirs...Noel is awesome...Liam can be kinda pouty sometimes, but sometimes rock stars just are..LOL

Peace,
Brenda

U2One said:

ohh shout it out loud!!!! i thought i was the only one who absolutely loves this song....

oh god no your definately not the only one.

should have been an a-side but poor noelie sometimes can't pick em. (i.e. acquiesce, the masterplan, talk tonight, etc)

Last edited:
Sweet Tart said:

oh god no your definately not the only one.

should have been an a-side but poor noelie sometimes can't pick em. (i.e. acquiesce, the masterplan, talk tonight, etc)

wow if they had kept them songs for later albums......they would still be on top of the world

oasis are playing 1 mile away from me in June......I have no tickets:(

Yeah, if you wanna call Oasis a rip-off of any sixties band, it ought to be the Kinks. I think everyone just says the Beatles because:

1. They don't know any other sixties bands.
2. The Gallaghers are clearly a mite obsessed with them (naming your first-born son Lennon is pretty hardcore). I am so naming a daughter Penny Lane, though.

And "Shout It Out Loud" is great. I think it was actually on the album at one point, but they took it off for some reason (maybe Liam wanted to sing a song or two).

Speaking of B-sides, anyone else think that the Be Here Now B-sides are better than half the songs on the album? "Stay Young," "Going Nowhere," and "Flashbax" especially (even "My Sister Lover" is pretty neat, if weird).

Last edited:
typhoon said:

Speaking of B-sides, anyone else think that the Be Here Now B-sides are better than half the songs on the album? "Stay Young," "Going Nowhere," and "Flashbax" especially (even "My Sister Lover" is pretty neat, if weird).

Take out "Fade In-Out," "Magic Pie," and "My Big Mouth." Add "Stay Young" :drool:, "Going Nowhere" and maybe "Flashbax" and :combust:

Oasis seem to range from crap to total class,for example:
Stop crying your heart out-classic
Wonderwall-wonderful
ciggies and booze-brill
rock 'n' roll star-untouchable
God knows what there new album will be like.Anyway its not really Oasis anymore its the Gallagher bros with session musicians:|
ATB-LEE-U2COVENTRYENGLANDUK

boystupidboy said:
.Anyway its not really Oasis anymore its the Gallagher bros with session musicians:|

A tad unfair, I mean Gem and Andy do write some of the songs. But I know what you mean. Any band members whose surnames aren't Gallagher do seem pretty dispensible as far as they are concerned. I still can't believe they sacked Whitey. It makes you wonder how long the current line-up will last. Oasis as a four piece and not a five just doesn't seem right to me somehow.

I have 3 of there albums, and i love two of them, but i really don't like Heathen Chemistry except the brillant Stop crying your heart out and Little by Little. The albums I love are (Whats the Story) Morning Glory, and Don't believe the Truth. All of Morning Glory is brillant and all but the first 2 on DBTT are as well, overall a great band, had there ups and there downs, but when they had there ups they were amazing

I got into them recently but I'm starting to like them. What's the story it's an amazing album and the new one is also good.

My favourite songs? I have to go with Morning Glory and Don't Look Back in anger

Has anyone downloaded any of the tour video? If so, is it worth doing, and which one(s)?

I just recently got the Hollywood Bowl Audio of my show (still need to burn that baby).

:hyper:

Lila64 said:
Has anyone downloaded any of the tour video? If so, is it worth doing, and which one(s)?

I just recently got the Hollywood Bowl Audio of my show (still need to burn that baby).

:hyper:

Lila I've been listening to that show all day. You weren't with the guy that kept talking about chips were you:wink:

Sounds like it was a great show :up:

No I haven't even heard my whole show yet, just a couple of songs. I was in the same general vicinity

Listening to the radio show from San Diego now...

So...has anyone d/l any of the video?

Yay, a mix disc-friendly "Champagne Supernova"! Most of this stuff is 320 kbps too; nice find.

Oasis makes great music, it's a pity they as people more or less come over as arse-holes.
I like the new direction they've gone in with DBTT, it's different from all their previous work.

Back
Top Bottom