NHL Playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who watched the Edmonton game last night on CBC?

Could they have given us worse commentators!! GLENN "BORE ME TO DEATH" HEALY and MARK "PREMATURE CALLING OF GOALS" LEE!!!

These guys were HORRIBLE!!! I would have taken an American over these twits. Mark Lee calls waterpool and horse junping not the THE STANLEY CUP!!!

Anywho...tonights gonna be great with VAN and STL. I say GM place ERUPTS and Van wins 5-1 with BErt and NAzzy showing Osgood why NYI droped him!!!

Go VAN!!!

bonoman said:
Could they have given us worse commentators!! GLENN "BORE ME TO DEATH" HEALY and MARK "PREMATURE CALLING OF GOALS" LEE!!!

HAHA... I noticed that too... "he scores!!! Oh wait, it's just icing."- Mark Lee. He was awful, but that's what you get when Bob Cole is the Toronto commentator, and Chris Cuthbert takes the second game (guess he'll being doing the Ottawa game)... The West always gets the bottom of the barrel when it comes to play-by-play and colormen...

PS- I see chizip has modified his sig again... it is very appropriate how the St. Louis logo approaches the Red Wing logo... just like the Blues themselves, it has to hit from behind and play dirty... what else is new? :wink:

The Canucks are still hungover from their season, it turns out. Naslund is trying to put the entire team on his shoulders, and that's a big mistake. He's playing nervous. 3-0 Blues right now, and they'll take this game. That's okay though. All the underdogs have won the first game of this year's playoffs. It's a best of 7 series, and it's not over yet. Okay, back to studying for my big final tomorrow. See you next game...

Michael Griffiths said:
All the underdogs have won the first game of this year's playoffs.

dont get carried away Michael, there have been some surprising scores but the Devils are certainly not underdogs, neither are the Maple Leafs and Caps, who are actually favored by many people, same with the Blues; but yes, best of 7 long way to go

i think mikey was just referring to the western conference, since the eastern conference really doesnt matter anyway

hey mike, just think if st louis were an "elite" team what the score would be :wink:

Michael Griffiths said:
The Canucks are still hungover from their season, it turns out. Naslund is trying to put the entire team on his shoulders, and that's a big mistake. He's playing nervous. 3-0 Blues right now, and they'll take this game. That's okay though. All the underdogs have won the first game of this year's playoffs. It's a best of 7 series, and it's not over yet. Okay, back to studying for my big final tomorrow. See you next game...

Bah, Game 1 means nothing!

Though we are Western Conference rivals, let us be friends for tonight and commiserate. :hug:

I'd hug a Red Wings fan, but I think they'd just pull my jersey over my head and start hitting. :shifty: It's almost enough to make me root for the Ducks.

game 1 means nothing??? if you are playing at home and lose game 1 you lose home ice advantage for the rest of the series.

and the blues have never lost a playoff round in which the won game 1 under Joel Quennville, and he's been around for 6 years

so things are looking good indeed.

Chizip said:
game 1 means nothing??? if you are playing at home and lose game 1 you lose home ice advantage for the rest of the series.

and the blues have never lost a playoff round in which the won game 1 under Joel Quennville, and he's been around for 6 years

so things are looking good indeed.

Yeah, but have they won a Cup in that 6 years?

See, I didn't want to point out the obvious, but you made me.

i didn't mention anything about a cup, I was just saying game 1 is very important. trust me, i am well aware of st louis' failures in the playoffs, thats why i get so excited when the win.

AvsGirl41 said:

Bah, Game 1 means nothing!

Though we are Western Conference rivals, let us be friends for tonight and commiserate. :hug:
Aw, thanks AvsGirl, I needed that. Big hug back! Game 1 is an important game, but I've seen lots of teams lose game 1 only to come back and win the series in as little as 5 or 6 games.

Chizip said:
That's GREAT news! The Canucks are a *much* better road team. The best in the NHL this year, actually. The less games at home, the better!

I've seen lots of teams lose game 1 only to come back and win the series in as little as 5 or 6 games.

kind of like the red wings vs the nucks last year :wink:

like i said, the blues have never lost a series under quenville after they win game 1

Last edited:
just because the Canucks blew it after winning games 1 and 2 last year, doesnt make those games meaningless!

Devils were 4th overall in the NHL, just 2 pts out of 1st :sexywink:

Michael Griffiths said:

That's GREAT news! The Canucks are a *much* better road team. The best in the NHL this year, actually. The less games at home, the better!
:yes:

The series has only just begun..........

Back
Top Bottom