New Years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:
The wife will be 7 months pregnant, so we'll proably take it easy at home.

NYC is great on New Years, but I'd seriously avoid Times Square at all cost. It's over crowded, no bathrooms, people puking, it stinks, ugh. I'd recommend finding a bar somewhat nearby, with a TV and stay warm while enjoying all NYC has to offer.

Two years ago I was in San Fran for New Years, that was a blast. I'd say Boston is probably a good time too.

Thanks UB...that was kind of what we were worried about for NYC. 12 yrs ago I wouldn't have cared, but I'm a bit older and crankier now :wink:

Does SF have a city/public thing or did you hit something private? We're fine with having to buy tickets etc. , we just want to know we'll have a good time and not waste our money on something lame.

Congrats on the pregnancy...I'll make up for you that night partying wise :up:

Anyone from Boston want to confirm if it's a good time???

to be honest i've lived in the NYC area my entire life and never been to times square for new year's... been in manhattan on numerous occasions, but never over to times square... probably because it was around my late teens when i first started becoming interested in going there, and at the same time was around when they started crackin' down on people sneakin' booooooze into times square.

stupid giulliani and his city cleaning :shakesangryfist:

snowbunny00774 said:

Thanks UB...that was kind of what we were worried about for NYC. 12 yrs ago I wouldn't have cared, but I'm a bit older and crankier now :wink:

Does SF have a city/public thing or did you hit something private? We're fine with having to buy tickets etc. , we just want to know we'll have a good time and not waste our money on something lame.

In SF we just bar hopped, but I think they had something going on at the Seaport (whatever they call it over there.) I also remember there being plenty of options insofar as bars/clubs/restaurants having various goings on throughout the night.

snowbunny00774 said:

Have you been there for NY's? anything that is a must do? It's on the list for sure...we just need direction, there is so much stuff on the web to wade through. :crazy:

Never been to NYC.

Too cold?

RedrocksU2 said:

Never been to NYC.

Too cold?

Not sure how I messed that up, but I meant to say was...
Have you ever been to Vegas for New Years? It's one of the places we thought about, but there just seems to be so much stuff on the internet that we don't even know where to start. If there are places that are good for sure and/or horrid steer clear of that anyone can advise on that would be great!

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

to be honest i've lived in the NYC area my entire life and never been to times square for new year's... been in manhattan on numerous occasions, but never over to times square... probably because it was around my late teens when i first started becoming interested in going there, and at the same time was around when they started crackin' down on people sneakin' booooooze into times square.

stupid giulliani and his city cleaning :shakesangryfist:
Lol...yeah, not being able to bring booze would be an issue...I just don't want to deal with everyone else having too much booze too!! selfish, I know :wink:

Originally posted by UberBeaver

In SF we just bar hopped, but I think they had something going on at the Seaport (whatever they call it over there.) I also remember there being plenty of options insofar as bars/clubs/restaurants having various goings on throughout the night.

I'll check out what online resources SF has tonight. I've never been there so that would be cool.

I think I may need to start looking at airfare and see if that restricts some places...that will help with narrowing it down.

Thanks for the help so far everyone :bow:

Back
Top Bottom