New Bruce Springsteen releases

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGi

New Yorker
Two New Springsteen Releases Set for November Release from Columbia:

"The Essential Bruce Springsteen" Definitive 3-CD Set Out November 11 Marks First Ever Career-Spanning Collection, Includes Never Before Released Outtakes and Live Recordings

"Live in Barcelona" Double-DVD Out November 18 Contains Entire October 2002 Barcelona Concert, Plus Bonus Featurette With New Interviews and Footage from U.S. "Rising" Tour Dates at Fenway Park, Giants Stadium, and More

Set for release in November from Columbia, 'The Essential Bruce Springsteen' 3-CD set and the DVD set 'Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band: Live in Barcelona' explore Bruce Springsteen's prolific career and unmatched live show, on the heels of his most successful world tour ever.

The 'Essential' set, Springsteen's first ever career-spanning collection, includes songs from every Springsteen album since his debut. Set for release on November 11, the set comes packed with a third bonus CD of rarities and previously unreleased tracks. The double-DVD 'Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band: Live in Barcelona,' out November 18, captures the experience of Springsteen and the Band's record-breaking 2002-2003 world tour, and includes new interviews in addition to bonus footage of this year's historic performances in Boston's Fenway Park and New Jersey's Giants Stadium.

'The Essential Bruce Springsteen,' featuring two discs of Springsteen's best-known songs, is the first such collection to range from early classics "Blinded By the Light," "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)," and "Rosalita," to his most recent hits such as "Mary's Place," "the Rising," and "Lonesome Day" from his 2002 release 'The Rising.'

The 'Essential' set will also include a third, limited-edition CD with rarities and previously unreleased recordings, each one annotated by Springsteen in the album's liner notes. The bonus disc includes songs never before released commercially, including "None But the Brave," recorded during the 'Born in the USA' sessions at the Hit Factory in New York City; live recordings of "Held Up Without a Gun" and Jimmy Cliff's "Trapped" from the breakthrough 'River' tour; the acoustic, country-blues version of "Countin' on a Miracle"; a home recording of "County Fair" recorded shortly after the 'Nebraska' album; and more.

The collection is part of a series of 'Essential' sets released by Columbia Records. Previous releases include 'The Essential Bob Dylan,' 'The Essential Johnny Cash,' 'The Essential Clash,' and others. 'The Essential Bruce Springsteen,' however, is the first in the series to include a bonus rarities disc.

'Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band: Live in Barcelona,' includes the entirety of Springsteen and the Band's October 2002 concert at Barcelona's Palau St. Jordi, a show which prompted the Spanish newspaper El Pais to rave "The Boss made the walls of the Palau St. Jordi tremble." In addition, the set contains the featurette "Drop the Needle and Pray: The Rising on Tour," packed with never before seen material, including new interviews, footage from this summer's US stadium tour at Fenway Park and Giants Stadium, and a photo montage chronicling 'The Rising' tour.

The 2-DVD set contains almost three hours of footage, with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound audio recorded and mixed by 'The Rising' producer Brendan O'Brien. The concert in Barcelona, portions of which were broadcast on MTV Europe and CBS, was widely considered among the most exciting of the 120 dates on Springsteen and the Band's acclaimed 'Rising' world tour dates. Together with the bonus material and U.S. footage, the DVDs are a compelling document of one of the most sucessful concert tours of all time.

The executive producers of 'Live in Barcelona' are Jon Landau and Barbara Carr. The DVDs were produced by George Travis and directed by Chris Hilson. Thom Zimny, whose editing on the 2001 HBO concert special "Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band," won an Emmy, also edited 'Live in Barcelona.'

# # #

TRACK LISTING: The Essential Bruce Springsteen CD

Disc 1
1. Blinded By the Light
2. For You
3. Spirit in the Night
4. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
5. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
6. Thunder Road
7. Born to Run
8. Jungleland
9. Badlands
10. Darkness on the Edge of Town
11. The Promised Land
12. The River
13. Hungry Heart
14. Nebraska
15. Atlantic City

Disc 2
16. Born in the USA
17. Glory Days
18. Dancing in the Dark
19. Tunnel of Love
20. Brilliant Disguise
21. Human Touch
22. Living Proof
23. Lucky Town
24. Streets of Philadelphia
25. The Ghost of Tom Joad
26. The Rising
27. Mary's Place
28. Lonesome Day
29. American Skin (41 Shots) - Live
30. Land of Hope and Dreams - Live

Bonus Disc
31. From Small Things (Big Things One Day Come) - Recorded in 1979, covered by Dave Edmunds on 1982 release 'DE 7th'
32. Big Payback - Home recording made shortly after 'Nebraska'
33. Held Up Without a Gun (live) - Recorded live in Uniondale, NY, in 1980
34. Trapped (live)- Jimmy Cliff song recorded live on 'The River' tour
35. None But the Brave - Recorded during 'Born in the USA' sessions
36. Missing - Appeared in Sean Penn film 'The Crossing Guard'
37. Lift Me Up - Written for John Sayles' film 'Limbo.'
38. Viva Las Vegas - Recorded for NME benefit album
39. County Fair - Recorded in 1983 at home after 'Nebraska' sessions
40. Code of Silence (live) - Written with Joe Gruschecky, recorded live in 1999
41. Dead Man Walking - Written for Tim Robbins' film -
42. Countin' on a Miracle (acoustic) - Recording played at end of every show on 'Rising' tour 2002-2003

TRACK LISTING: "Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band: Live in Barcelona" DVD

Disc 1
43. The Rising
44. Lonesome Day
45. Prove it All Night
46. Darkness On the Edge of Town
47. Empty Sky
48. You're Missing
49. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
50. The Promised Land
51. Worlds Apart
52. Badlands
53. She's the One
54. Mary's Place
55. Dancing in the Dark
56. Countin' on a Miracle
57. Spirit in the Night
58. Incident on 57th Street
59. Into the Fire

Disc 2
60. Night
61. Ramrod
62. Born to Run
63. My City of Ruins
64. Born in the USA
65. Land of Hope and Dreams
66. Thunder Road

Bonus Documentary: "Drop the Needle and Pray: The Rising on Tour," featuring rare live footage of historic shows at Boston's Fenway Park and New Jersey's Giants Stadium, exclusive interviews with Springsteen and E Street Band members, and unpublished photos chronicling 'The Rising' tour.

oh, fun. :)

random side-note (still related mostly!!) - starsailor covered 'born to run' in a gig last week...VERY good! :D (i just heard it on the radio, sadly not there...)

DiGi said:
i would like the mp3 of that
I don't know about an mp3 (i'd love one too!) but here's the link to radio 1's site:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/brighton/daybyday/monday/monday_comments.shtml?focuswin&hp_rh_promo
If you click on 'listen: starsailor on lamacq live', or the link right next to James's picture at the top (if it's still on there), you'll get the session that includes their live performance. There's lots of random music first, including a live gig by The Music, but at around 2 hrs 34 min, Starsailor starts. You just click the 'skip 5 min' button tons of times.... The entire gig is fabulous, but to hear 'born to run', go to around 2 hrs 54 min - it was playing at 2.57, but James was already a bit into it, so...anyway, hope you like it! :)

yay, i'm glad you like it! Radio 1 didn't air the encore, sadly. Especially because apparently James covered ishfwilf. :mad: I wanted to hear that...and they always close with a great version of good souls too. :sigh: Ah, well....just have to see them live again, I guess... ;)

another random side note.....The Bouncing Souls covered a Bruce Song last night in Washington, DC at Nation. I thought it might had been "Gloria's Eyes" but I'm not entirely sure - couldnt hear the vocals too well.

There's a video preview on Amazon today, w/ footage from Fenway 2..from the bonus documentary

It's cool

I can't get a link to work, but I think it's on the amazon.com home page, under Holiday A List

Back
Top Bottom