NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very impressive week for the Lake Show. Kobe drops a large 61 in Manhattan, then they roll into Boston and Lebrontown and take both games. The latter being Cleveland's first home loss of the year. Good shit.

I actually rooted for LA yesterday. Then I took 3 showers.

i have a theory as to why it seems that more and more young nba players are coming down with serious knee injuries that revolves around the fact that they've been playing well over 100 games per year since the 6th grade thanks to the growth of AAU while spending less time actually training and building strength... but nobody wants another aau is killing basketball rant.

especially considering that i'll be coaching an aau team in the spring now :reject:

i'm a sell out.

fusepromo.jpg

That Jermaine O'Neal/Shawn Marion move was pretty good for both teams, I'd say.

Also, Jamario Moon is one of the greatest names I have ever heard.

I think short term it's a step backward for Miami, because Marion is a little better than O'Neal, and Jermaine gets hurt so much he should be a Rocket...but they get out of the Banks contract and currently have 0 (!) players under contract going into the all-important summer of 2010. They have team options, Beasley I think and maybe another, but they're in position to be big players. Not to mention it's Miami which is a desirable destination for guys, add in no state income tax...ideally they convince Wade to stay and still have room to bring in 2 max guys.

Having O'Neal shifts Beasley to playing the 3 and Haslem to playing the 4, which seems like more natural positions for them, and Marion didn't fit in their style of play. He looked like a dead man walking when I saw them play the Magic a couple weeks back.

we've got a guy at work who's from wisconsin... when he's cut he bleeds cheese. he wears a pair of sneakers with the wisconsin logo on them, and every conversation you have with him will inevitably return to "da badgers"... everytime i see that logo, like in your avatar there, i break into my impresonation of him... "ooooo hey how 'bout da badgers huh? boooo ryan swing offense ya"

there really was no point to this story, but yea... shared it anyways.

i didn't see any of the dunk contest... but i saw the highlights this morning and gotta say... "kryptonate" is pretty clever.

Nate was a deserving winner, that was pretty cool. Not to mention jumping over Howard (well almost over, Dwight better wash Nate's nut-prints off the back of his coconut).

Underrated dunk of the contest was Rudy's 2nd one (the one with Pao doing the passing).

Apparently Lebron is in next year which I think is great news...the contest needs a bit more star power. I hope Iguodala gets back in also.

Why Dwight didn't do his "kiss-the-rim" dunk that he tried out last year, I'll never know. Dunking on a 12-foot rim is insane though.

I love the Superman dunk, but think the Sticker dunk was more impressive.

The Nate/Dwight interplay last night is what the dunk contest is all about... awesome stuff.

I'll throw a party if that trade actually goes down. Jesus, that would be amazing for us. And, yes, really fucking stupid for Kerr and the Suns.

I thought Steve Kerr was an insightful commentator on TNT, but he might be the NBA's version of Matt Millen.

Apparently Kerr said yesterday that he's not trading Amare. But who knows? We'll find out soon enough, I guess.

This deal would get done a lot faster if Jason Richardson were involved.

yea... when a team is chugging along like a well oiled machine, and then one thing changes and it all goes to shit... well, it just might be the one thing that changed that caused it to go to shit.

phoenix was the highest scoring team in the league, a team built for speed, a 50+ win per game team and probably the most popular team in the league to watch (or at least in the top 3)... then steve kerr comes in, trades marion for shaq, clashes with and (more or less) cans d'antoni, hires a coach, trades away important pieces like diaw and bell for a guy who thinks driving 90 mph with a 3 year old who's not in a baby seat is saine and rational thinking, and then fires the coach and wants to trade EVERYONE on the roster, except for the two oldest guys, steve nash and grant hill.

steve kerr is a baffoon. it just goes to prove once again that just because you played with michael jordan it doesn't make you smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom