MLB Thread 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cashman is a genius. Trading Melancon to the Astros so that he could reach Boston. A masterstroke, really.

He joins the ranks:

howe.jpg

Reading a retrospective of Moyer's career, I saw that when he was 30 his team thought he should retire and become a pitching coach.

That was 19 years ago.

Reading a retrospective of Moyer's career, I saw that when he was 30 his team thought he should retire and become a pitching coach.

That was 19 years ago.

Maybe he'll become a pitching coach when he retires.

...19 years from now!

In other news, why is Miguel Olivo still the starting catcher for the Seattle Mariners when they have 2 guys on the major league roster who are better both offensively and defensively? One of those guys is Montero. Yes, Olivo is horrible behind the plate.

Sounds like a case of John Buck ya got there.

I mean... Brett Hayes is by no means better defensively (they're both bad)... but miles better offensively. The only thing Buck is good at is working with pitchers. I guess that's pretty valuable though.

I lost a bit of respect for Tito

What was he supposed to do. Sitting out only hurts the fan base, not ownership. In fact his presence will draw quite likely the hugest ovation of the day, and if Henry or Lucchino gets introduced, they will get as poor a reception as anyone, save maybe for Valentine.

Here's hoping Clemens shows up.

Hewson said:
What was he supposed to do. Sitting out only hurts the fan base, not ownership. In fact his presence will draw quite likely the hugest ovation of the day, and if Henry or Lucchino gets introduced, they will get as poor a reception as anyone, save maybe for Valentine.

Here's hoping Clemens shows up.

I think he should have stuck to his guns.

Fans/Schmans, everyone would have been over it by the time the first pitch was thrown.

Happy 100th Birthday Fenway.

They'll sell thousands...and if they make a pink version they can up it to $44.99 and sell tens of thousands.

Pink anything sports-related with the exception of a special breast cancer night is an insult to female fans and an abomination unto the sports gods :madwife: Give me the REAL jersey, not some pinked up 'women only buy sports items if they're pretty' condescending insulting chauvanistic bullshit!

/end angry female sports fan rant

Drea said:
Pink anything sports-related with the exception of a special breast cancer night is an insult to female fans and an abomination unto the sports gods :madwife: Give me the REAL jersey, not some pinked up 'women only buy sports items if they're pretty' condescending insulting chauvanistic bullshit!

/end angry female sports fan rant

:up:

Humber three outs from a perfect game against the Mariners

this is the sort of thing that is supposed to happen to the Padres :(

lol Mariners

our ownership blows

Oh, so that's why they switched me off the Red Sox-Yankees game. I had the volume off on account of teh Tim McCarver and had no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom