MLB 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went pitching heavy in my draft today and was able to get Verlander, Cain, Weaver, and Kimbrel with my first four picks. Pretty happy with that, three elite starters and the best closer in the game.

Left my hitting a bit thin, though. The first batter I drafted was Ellsbury, who can be truly great when healthy. Red Sox fans, how do you think Ellsbury will do this year? How does he look?

Should be solid, and if anything goes wrong he's got enough money to hire his own doctors instead of the quacks the Red Sox have on the payroll.

I agree that the Mets are headed in the right direction....just think you're still a year or two away. You're definitely in an easier division than the Yanks, but the Nats and Braves are both, on paper at least, better squads. I guess, though, if things break right you could hang around for the other Wildcard spot.

As for the Yanks....all good things must come to an end.

Yesterday was fun. Aces mostly pitched like aces.

Oh i think they're a year away as well... I just think there are enough bad teams out there where they could certainly stay within 3-4 games of the 2nd wild card before eventually falling apart in august... much like last year, only with better hope for the future.

So glad the season is finally going. Even though I'm sure there's no way my team will compete this season, it's still a lot of fun to watch these guys go out there!

In other news, John Lackey is apparently still alive, or at least was for 4.1 innings.

How that can just be a strain is beyond me considering his reaction. I thought for certain his biceps fully detached rom his arm and caught a shuttle to the International Space Station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom