MLB 2010 The Third - B. Wood Popped Out to Catcher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This could be a good pitching matchup in San Francisco. I rarely watch the NL, so it's cool to see Lincecum.

The Andy Pettitte from the first half of the season has returned. :hyper:

when mark comes back into this thread. just pretend like nothing happened

:whistle:

Kudos to the Yankees. Pettitte looked great tonight--much better than the fatman last night.

The bright spot?

My Cuban sandwich--fucking awesome as always.
(Oh, and Rauch is a animal, too. Love him.)

I'll start it...

Fire Gardie?

The Twins have cracked the top ten in payroll in MLB. The owners are serious about fielding a competitive team. You can point fingers all over the place for our post-season woes, but doesn't this streak come back to the manager?

Yes, the series isn't over, but blah, blah f-n blah. I think Gardenhire has to do more than just bitch and get ejected for it.

Kram, if he were fired, is there a guy waiting in the wings, be it at the ML level or down at AAA, etc? Is there a sentimental favorite out there?

I personally don't think he should be fired but I can understand how Twins fans might disagree with me here.

And, apropos of nothing, I cannot wait to make my way to that Stadium. I've been to about 20 and from a distance it looks great.

Gump, I was pretty fucking pleased with Pettitte today, and Wood looked awesome. No Joba = no nervous breakdown. Good to see contributions from some of the deadline acquisitions.

Lastly, I hope the Battlin' Deputies put the broom to Tampa.

Kram - the crowd looked awesome tonight. Sorry it didn't work out your way, but that's a good team you have there.

NSW - Oh Yeah, Andy was really amazing. Loved it. His cutter was working really well. Wood was nasty - that hook against Hardy was just fantastic. Cashman did a great job in the mid-season with Berkmann (finally showing power!) and Wood. Would you re-sign him for big money next year (injury history is tricky)?

Kram, if he were fired, is there a guy waiting in the wings, be it at the ML level or down at AAA, etc? Is there a sentimental favorite out there?

I personally don't think he should be fired but I can understand how Twins fans might disagree with me here.

I'm not saying fire him if they loose the ALDS. But, it does beg the question...how many chances does he get?

He's such a sentimental favorite here in MN, and he goes against Minnesota Nice by getting angry and getting ejected often (which endears him to fans), but being good at beating up the AL Central ultimately is meaningless if the post-season spells certain doom.

Just curious what the thoughts are here.

Kram - the crowd looked awesome tonight. Sorry it didn't work out your way, but that's a good team you have there.

Thanks. It was a good game and fun until the later innings, then frustration just hung in the air.

Last night I felt like we beat ourselves. Tonight it feels like we were beaten, and that is a better feeling--which I know many baseball fans can understand.

I'm not saying fire him if they loose the ALDS. But, it does beg the question...how many chances does he get?

He's such a sentimental favorite here in MN, and he goes against Minnesota Nice by getting angry and getting ejected often (which endears him to fans), but being good at beating up the AL Central ultimately is meaningless if the post-season spells certain doom.

Just curious what the thoughts are here.

Yeah, I didn't read it like you were doing anything other than posing a question.

Still wondering, though, if there is an heir apparent, someone in the minors perhaps who is poised to manage in the majors, etc? Kind of like Mattingly/Girardi both apprenticed under Torre, etc.....

And, my thoughts remain that he should not be fired no matter what happens this series.

When I was a kid, I never really understood that there was a true distinction between the AL, but it really is true: you really pay a lot more attention to the league your team is in. I know much more about the NL then I do about the AL, and it seems vice versa here.

I love baseball, not just the Yankees....and in season's past, via fantasy bb, I've been able to keep tabs on NL players more than I usually would...but, yeah, overall, I know the AL much better than I know the NL. But it's not like I'm watching the NLDS and wondering "who the fuck is this guy???", you know?

ETA - And right after I post this, Brooks Conrad comes to the plate and I say to myself "Who the fuck is this guy???" :)

Oh yeah, exactly. I don't even play fantasy sports (my roommate rooting for Derek Lowe to get a W for his fantasy team when the Phils were still behind the Braves being the epitome of my hatred for fantasy sports), but I know who these guys in the American League are at least. I just can't tell you how great a year they've had compared to years before quite as well as I could in the NL.

I watch the Mets from time to time, so I know the NL East a bit better than the rest. And I haven't been following baseball for that long, so yeah, there are still many many teams I need to know better.

I watch the Mets from time to time, so I know the NL East a bit better than the rest. And I haven't been following baseball for that long, so yeah, there are still many many teams I need to know better.

You learn really fast, though.

Dan, even though I play Fantasy sports, I find fantasy owners to be annoying as fuck. My overt rooting interests remain all about my teams. What my fantasy players do is icing on the cake.

You learn really fast, though.

Haha. Just because this is a really great sport. Actually this thread has been really helpful. And this great little thing called Baseball-Reference.com.

I wish we had a serious baseball championship back home (it doesn't seem to be popular anywhere south of Venezuela).

Back
Top Bottom