MLB 2010 The Third - B. Wood Popped Out to Catcher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Callaspo acquisition cannot be good for our beloved Mr. Wood.

No, it's not. But at least it shows Scioscia realizes Kevin Frandsen is not the answer at third base. He was pissing me off playing Frandsen every day, but I can live with playing behind Callaspo..........................for now.

I needs sum reps, Mike. :drool:

Speedracer seems to be enjoying his trip to the Emerald City:

500x_custom_1279921114046_redsoxfanpickingnose.jpg

yankees in the lead to get haren, he'll be a ranger by morning

and the mariners are fighting like cats and dogs

yankees in the lead to get haren, he'll be a ranger by morning

and the mariners are fighting like cats and dogs

Best part of the rumor is that Joba is supposedly in the package. But yeah, Haren will end up somewhere else...

Was at the Red Sox/Mariners game tonight. Lester was really, really good up until that error. Shook him up. Saunders got to him twice after that. Loved it.

Another Red Sox pitcher flirted with a no hitter in Seattle, but Jon Lester's no-no was no mo' in the sixth inning, torn a-Saunders by the Mariners left fielder.

A-Rod is approaching membership in a club so hallowed, even Pac-Man Jones would think twice before firing a pistol in it!

Apparently, Haren is being dealt to the Brandon Woods for a few players, including Joe Saunders.

YEE-HAW, it's crazy out in the AL West!

Glad the Yanks did not acquire him. And, as I keep babbling about (sorry) they need an 8th inning cat....Joba looked like crap once again today. I'd rather see them get a proven reliever than add a starter and move Hughes or Javy to the pen. I'd also rather see David Robertson get the ball in the 8th at this point, he's looked good lately. Chan Ho Park would be a better option right now, for that matter. Joba needs fixing.

This might be the weekend the Phils turn it around. Maybe. Cautious optimism, aided by having attended two of the games this weekend.

Mixed feelings about today's loss. On one hand, the Cubs' never should've done as well against the Cards as they did this weekend if they weren't a different team. And the stats just flat showed that they should NOT have won today. On the other, it was the way they lost. Loading the bases in the tenth, having runners in scoring position in the 9th and 11th. It's frustrating. I've gained back a little optimism for this season though, probably misplaced hope, but I'm going to have some fun with it anyways.

Eh we have our 2 worst starters going in Chicago, so you'll probably take 2 out of 3. Of course when we get Oswalt, a rotation of Wainwright/Carpenter/Oswalt will be fearsome in the playoffs.

was right on the first part, now hopefully the second part will come true as well :wink:

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking the idea of Kenny pulling off this deal that will get Dunn for just a few minor leaguers. Look out.

Things are going to start really heating up in the next couple days. Excited to see where everybody lands.

I'm a big fan of Ryan Howard. Last night, I saw him hustle and dive for a pop-up in foul territory. He didn't make the play...but the crowd applauded his effort very nicely.
I was in the crowd and too applauded. I think his whole game has finally rounded out nicely since early June. He's hitting better for average, he's trying more on defense (even though he's still spotty), doing all the right things. I can no longer call him complacent. He's been our most consistent player other than Roy Halladay.

Back
Top Bottom